New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.

Just found out about the new RPG Maker a few days ago. Though I haven't fully messed with it I do like overlapping map layer. Though in my opinion they could have added a tactics battle system as well, but C'est la vie.

Anyway I don't really do YouTube any more so its back to hobby game making.

Welcome back Noob :D. MV is probably my favorite RPG Maker honestly. It has a lot of issues and is still not really worth the price since there are more power, completely free engines available, as RPG Maker's go, it's awesome...I do miss XP's way of mapping and scripting, and it's graphics style, but for what I'm doing with MV, it's definitely better than XP.

Well... all software is technically free unless you chose to pay for it. It's buggy and over-priced, why not protest that with a bit of warezin'? I reckon the char/battler generator outweighs complaints over the graphics style. No matter style you chose, people like Bob will never finish a game because the graphics that fit their games simply do not exist and will not exist without any divine intervention. But yeah... actually, they coulda done the same XP graphics for their generator. It's kinda funny how the style is like half way between the VX's and XP. You think that's on purpose? Maybe they're trying to satisfy everyone :P

Naw, I'll complete my MV game, just not my huge trilogy project. Not gonna start that one till I've learned enough JS and Unity...and have someone to make graphics.

Cool to see old users coming back, it would be super cool if like everyone came back.

But we got Noob Saibot, what else can one ask for?

Hi, Noob! Feel like I've seen you around the forums before, but I've never spoken to you. Anyway, welcome back to GDU! Glad to see you're back. :D

Kevin.ds, (who I like to call the photoshop wizard) to come back? I have no clue what happened to him...

Heyy! Welcome back! I've seen a lot of your old posts, Good to have you back :D

Thank you. I plan on droping in at least once daily to the forum.

Yo Noob. Long time no see, though I knew you'd be dropping by at some point.

You were utubin'? L'ink?

Yes, just GamerRant & another channels for RPGs, but I got board with it & moved on.

Hello! I never met you because I'm a newbie, but it's good to see more old users/admins/moderators coming back!

Thank you. Though last time I was an Admin that was YEARS ago at least over 8 years if not more.

Welcome back Noob :D. MV is probably my favorite RPG Maker honestly. It has a lot of issues and is still not really worth the price since there are more power, completely free engines available, as RPG Maker's go, it's awesome...I do miss XP's way of mapping and scripting, and it's graphics style, but for what I'm doing with MV, it's definitely better than XP.

Yes , the diffrent mapping layers were nice in XP. It sems for every step they take forward they go back two steps in other areas with their software.

hey welcome back Noob, good to see you in the game making biznez again lol

Thank you. Ironicaly I only ever made one game & that was in Game Maker version 4 way before the company Yo Yo Games got it. When it came to RPG Makers I mostly just learned how to use them & helped people out. Hopefully that changes this time around.

Cool to see old users coming back, it would be super cool if like everyone came back.

How many people have left?

Hi, Noob! Feel like I've seen you around the forums before, but I've never spoken to you. Anyway, welcome back to GDU! Glad to see you're back. :D

Anything is possible. People come & go on forums.

Thank you. Though last time I was an Admin that was YEARS ago at least over 8 years if not more. 

And I was AFK. Damn. Even as early as 2007 I quit. TBH it was for a girl. Then we got hacked and I'm pretty sure we got deleted? Actually, wait... I am starting to think this was the end of the 2006. I can't quite remember the date, but, someone deleted the forums and I restored as when I wasn't the admin from a backup. So technically there should be a hole in our data where it was deleted. 

Such memories. 

And I was AFK. Damn. Even as early as 2007 I quit. TBH it was for a girl. Then we got hacked and I'm pretty sure we got deleted? Actually, wait... I am starting to think this was the end of the 2006. I can't quite remember the date, but, someone deleted the forums and I restored as when I wasn't the admin from a backup. So technically there should be a hole in our data where it was deleted. 

Such memories. 

Well I also left for a long a$$ time as well & when I came back I wasn't an Admin. I mean it made sense to lose the position after not being active for a couple or few years.

Well I also left for a long a$$ time as well & when I came back I wasn't an Admin. I mean it made sense to lose the position after not being active for a couple or few years.

Same here, I understand why marked reduced our positions, no point if a person is never online

As I remember it, you were only admin because you were hosting the site? 

Same here, I understand why marked reduced our positions, no point if a person is never online

Yeah that's right. If you're ready to take up your moderator position again, let me know :)

Yeah that's right. If you're ready to take up your moderator position again, let me know :)

I can't guarantee how often I'll be online now-a-days. With a young and growing family my time is stretched as it is lol. best not to make commitments i can't keep.