New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
chop162

Need help with clock set back..

Question

Hey, I recently set time forward to try out an event that involved my local time. When I chose to set it back to the actual date, an error popped up, but I'm absolutely certain that my local clock is now being automatically verified. The error orders me to come seek for help here. What should I do?

post-29180-0-20965100-1443386345_thumb.jpg

21 answers to this question

RPG Maker XP was made by Enterbrain. This is not an official Enterbrain website, so no one here is the author of that program. This is the wrong forum anyway, so I'll move it for you.

It looks like something's corrupt or you're a pirate (or both), but unfortunately I don't have the knowledge to know any way of helping. Could you give more information possibly?

TOPIC MOVED TO: RPG MAKER XP SUPPORT

edit: After some thought, I've realized that maybe steam version of rmxp has something in place to prevent piracy, but it's really crappy and doesn't like it when you change the system time...maybe. I don't know, I have an old version from when it first came out.

Hey! thank you for your response. Truth is, I only downloaded the trial version from the webpage, and I'm still getting to understand how everything works. I'm playing around from a game a friend was doing with pokemon essentials, or something. To see how local clock events worked, I advanced my local time by a full week, checked the game, and turned it back to the actual date. I'm in Buenos Aires' local time zone. If you want, I can send an image of my time being correctly set

I'm running windows 10, and I have absolutely no idea what scripts are.. I guess. I was just playing around with a friend, to get to know how everything works. I absolutely did not pirate anything

Don't worry, we don't actually care if you pirated and don't need to see any proof. We believe you :)

We're just trying to find the cause.

Hm...So if you're using the trial version, that means you didn't buy it, which means that the program is trying to prevent you from keeping it longer than 30 days, which is very easy if you change your system time.

The trial decides when to end based on your system time, so it makes sense that it would say something like that. As far as I can tell, there are only 2 ways of fixing this...well maybe 3.

First, try a full uninstall of the program, than reinstall it and, when you start the trial again, give it a new email address. This should reset your trail period and let you use it again. If not, you may need to delete some registry files as well when uninstalling to get rid of it completely. You can still back up your projects and games. Or even just not touch them at all.

If that doesn't work, buying it will definitely fix the issue, but I'm sure you don't want to and/or can't afford to just throw money at all your problems.

If all else fails and you have the version that we have on this site, then you can edit a certain registry file to remove the trial period entirely, but that's technically piracy, so I won't be giving any tutorials on that. It's an old bug that I think newer versions have fixed.

You could try pirating it...

I didn't think Bob's fix would work, if it did, then there would be no point in buying the game if they just gave you a new 30-day trial every time you put in a new email.

You have to remove the registry files associated with the game so the installation thinks its a fresh install.

Essentially, you're doing what pirates do.

I recommend you buy the game...

Unfortunately, we don't exactly have that option unless someone has $30 (or is it $60?) lying around. I'm just trying to help chop actually use the engine.
...But I guess you're right.

Oh, CCleaner works...I was gonna give a full tutorial on how to find and delete the exact registry files, but okay.

If you don't have it, you can get it here => https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download It's free

edit: actually, what pirates do is remove the trial entirely, but that's not necessary.

(It's also what people who have lost the email and product key a long time ago do too)

I highly doubt it. Simply editing a registry file will remove the trial entirely on older versions and they can never seem to make an engine that has all the necessary features. They're never that on top of anything.

Hey, it's me again. I'm sorry I didn't answer before, I was trying to fix this. I couldn't do it. Look, I know it sounds a LOT like piracy, but honest to god I just want to get this fixed so I can keep using it for this month. I'm really grateful for your help and after all the trouble you've gone through I wouldn't consider going pirate against you.. So.. can you tell me how to do the manual registry edit? I've tried the whole uninstall option, I've checked the WikiHow that you posted here, I think I tried everything you told me, except CCleaner because I've seen on some Microsoft forums that they don't recommend using the program because it can damage my pc. And as I was trying, I remembered that it was that exact program that teared down my old pc (I was trying to get it to run faster)

I understand that doing a manual edit of the registry is technically piracy, so if you guys think you can't help me beyond this, I absolutely get it. Thanks!

You can't pirate against us because we have no software to sell lol and really don't care if you pirate, we just won't help you do it...but that's beside the point because you're not a pirate and no one thinks you are.

Really, you should use CCleaner. ignore whatever microsoft forum said it can break your pc. It will only do that if you mess around with options you shouldn't touch anyway (if there are any. I've used it for years and haven't found anything that could break my pc). It's super easy to use and all it does is let you delete loose files automatically (kind of like throwing out old pieces of paper with scribbles on them in a drawer) to save space.

When you get it, click on registry, then scan for issues, then just let it delete what it finds. It's really good at fixing registry errors, so there won't. be any problems. It even lets you back up your registry files just in case something breaks.

Heres how the program works with the reg(if it still does). When you install the program and run it, it will make a registry entry with an expire date, once that expire date comes it invalidates the "trial". Since i dont have the trial version im not really sure where that entry is anymore. Using ccleaner will help your PC and nor hurt it. Im not sure if ccleaner can fix a reg problem like this tho since its not really a reg problem(but its worth a try).

The only other option i can think of is to buy rpg maker or TRY to find the registry entries for RMXP. But be VERY careful when poking around the registry as you can destroy your operating system if your not careful.

You think he might also have to change his MAC Address?
Is Enterbrain that on-top of quality control?

MAC Address isnt used for this. you cannot change your MAC Address any ways since its your physical hardwares address. You can spoof it tho but none of that would do anything in this situation.

MAC Address isnt used for this. you cannot change your MAC Address any ways since its your physical hardwares address. You can spoof it tho but none of that would do anything in this situation.

The only reason I brought up the MAC address thing is because I thought the enterbrain website might be tracking which MAC addresses have downloaded a trail or not, I just wanted to cover all my bases.

To Chop: You really should buy the game, it wouldn't be a poor investment. Just remember to backup the product key and never lose it.

Also, if you're concerned you won't get to play your friends games, don't. All you need to play any of the games are the runtime packages for the game (basically the assets the games use)

Great... I installed CCleaner, and ran it without touching anything. Next thing I know, I can't use chrome anymore. Some DNS lookup stuff. Thank god I backed it up so I could turn everything back, I guess. I just hope I didn't damage the PC permanently. 

Anyways, CCleaner is a no-go for me. Any other ideas?

EDIT: To Flytrap, I know I should buy it and end this. But really, if I could buy it, I wouldn't take the risk of running a registry editor.. I mean, registry editor sounds scary as ****. You know, I'm not American and currency in my country is, well, sh*t. An argentinian peso was almost 10 dollars last time I checked, so it's a bit harder for me to just buy a tool I'm just staring to learn how to use.

Anyways, thank you guys for taking the time

Edited by chop162

CCleaner broke chrome? That doesn't sound right...I can still use chrome perfectly. All of this is really confusing for me.

Don't worry, I'll see if I can get the money to buy it. If I can't.. well.. I'll give it up

EDIT: Okay, new plan! I've checked your web and I can try out the rpg maker VX! Should I try it? Is it similar to the XP version?

What I most care of is if I can still use Pokemon Essentials, and test play the projects my friend was doing with XP. Will I be able to do so?

Edited by chop162

Don't worry, I'll see if I can get the money to buy it. If I can't.. well.. I'll give it up

EDIT: Okay, new plan! I've checked your web and I can try out the rpg maker VX! Should I try it? Is it similar to the XP version?

What I most care of is if I can still use Pokemon Essentials, and test play the projects my friend was doing with XP. Will I be able to do so?

You wont be able to since VX is different than XP. XP Projects cannot be opened up in VX and VX projects cannot be opened up in XP.

VX is like xp in a way with a few differences. Mainly the mapping is different.