New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
railfan101

Lottery System for RPG Maker VX Ace

This is a lottery system for one of my games that I've been spending a lot of time trying to get right.  After several incarnations, I finally got it to a point where I think it works.  I have decided to share this with the community, so you can use it in your games as well.  

This system was created using only events.  No scripting was done to make this.  Let me know what your guys think of what I did with it.

Features

4 different games to play, Low, Medium, High, and Jackpot.  Each game gives out different payouts depending on what you play and what you match. 

Varying payouts.  You never win the same amount twice when playing the same game, unless you match one or all 5 numbers.  

Jackpot mode allows a lot of money to be had if you play the right numbers.  

Critisim is welcome.  Don't be afraid to tell me it sucks.  Personally, I think it's good.

Lottery.zip

I have been looking for many lottery systems to use in my game, and this one is quite good. I don't have one like this, that bases it off of selecting the right numbers.

Though if I have to say one thing to improve, make it so that there is more action when betting money, it feels pretty boring to bet money away the way you presented it. One of the big things about gambling that makes it so addictive is that there are lights and symbols to each station that attract players to play, and add a lot of enjoyment to the loss of money. Then if you can make some cool look to it, I would love to put it in my game! Like if you had blue neon lights on a board that you import numbers to. That would be amazing for looks, and make the game a lot more fun than looking at boxes containing characters.