New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
Ardaceus

Who Is Your Favourite Composer

I want to make a list of awesome orchestral music, but I don't know of many composers whom make awesome soundtrack pieces. So I thought, "Why the hell not make a discussion topic on these forums about what our favourite composers are." and here I am.

My favourite composer without a doubt is Mattia Cupelli. He makes such awesome music scores, and he has made some soundtracks for movies like The Man of Steel and Interstellar. He captivates me with every single second that the music he makes plays. It's amazing to hear him out on your first time around.

I started out with a piece called "Love Lost" 

Then it went on to a piece called "Sparks" 

And I was bought when I came to "Leaf" 

You must listen.

So what is your favourite composer? And stay away from pop, dubstep, rock, goth, techno, remixes, stuff like that.

A composer...It has to be the greatest composer RPG Soundtrack composer ever, Jeremy Soule, He did the soundtrack's for Oblivion, Morrowind and my favorite, Skyrim.

Probably my favorite track he did would be "Dovahkin" (DragonBorn) he used a 30 man choir singing in the dovah language to create this masterpeice. 

bach is senpai. Even though you probably don't mean classical composers, but I'm boring and I like Bach. 

Here's one of the pieces I can't get through a day without listening to.

1. Nobou Uematsu

2. Strike911.net 

3. Modigs

4. Dj Cutman

5. Scythuz

6.GameChops

7. IceDragon

8.Audio Sprite

9.Gyro

10.Anamaguchi

11.Blake Robinson

12. Ms Littlefish

Edited by ShinGamix

I also really love Joe Hisaishi. He made gorgeous soundtracks like "Merry-Go-Round of Life" for Howl's Moving Castle, and also worked on Spirited Away. Probably other movies too, but I don't know and I'm too lazy to Google things on mobile.

I wanna say Stephen Rennicks because I watched this movie, Frank, and am hopelessly addicted to some of the songs. But I haven't seen any of his other compositions, so I can't say he's a favourite.

I also really love Joe Hisaishi. He made gorgeous soundtracks like "Merry-Go-Round of Life" for Howl's Moving Castle, and also worked on Spirited Away. Probably other movies too, but I don't know and I'm too lazy to Google things on mobile.

The second you mentioned "Merry-Go-Round of Life" I went on a marathon of watch Howl's Moving Castle, followed by Castle In the Sky, then Spirited Away, Whisper of the Heart, then finishing with Totoro.

Thank you Kitsuki for reminding me of those movies I have not watched in a while, and the great stories and soundtracks they have.

The second you mentioned "Merry-Go-Round of Life" I went on a marathon of watch Howl's Moving Castle, followed by Castle In the Sky, then Spirited Away, Whisper of the Heart, then finishing with Totoro.

Thank you Kitsuki for reminding me of those movies I have not watched in a while, and the great stories and soundtracks they have.

No problem, these are very good movies owo I've watched them all, and I'm currently learning "Merry-Go-Round of Life" on the piano, maybe I'll then attempt to self-learn the guitar. Then I'll learn the song on that, too.

Aah, Whisper of the Heart is such a nice one. It's not as large-scale as the other movies that have their own world (Spirited Away is amazing btw, our family favourite for years), but it definitely gives you feels. The girl was relatable for me at the time, too, and I watched that movie over and over again when I was younger. The soundtracks for all these are beautiful... the Laputa one especially <3

Yup, they're such great movies. Probably some of the few things I'll remember from my childhood.