New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
NightmareFelix

[FULL GAME] Hollow Creek Stories: Felix's Nightmare

Hollow Creek Stories: Felix's Nightmare

icon-19859.png

After a lengthy development cycle and a strange sort of release purgatory, I finally present you with Black City Studios' flagship title, Hollow Creek Stories: Felix's Nightmare, now available to play for free in its full game format!

425482-418217684895029-788818329-19859.j

What lies within?

On the trail of a deadly serial killer, a small team of special investigators find themselves stranded and separated in a deserted estate that houses many dark secrets and dangers. Can they save the life of a lost child and solve the mystery, or will they become the next victims? And what will they learn about what their teammates will do to survive?

523954-421134487936682-110571192-19859.j

You're not finished here yet...

A single-character turn-based engine puts you alone against the horrors of the Weston Estate, with its complex puzzles, deadly monsters and long-forgotten secrets. A survival-horror structure makes you weigh gaining experience and clearing rooms against the threat of death or wasting your limited ammunition and health. Find out if you have what it takes to survive.

562835-421133711270093-370243029-19859.j

I KNOW YOU

To learn more about this game, more screenshots, character descriptions, and its finer details, check out the page under our Games tab right here at gdunlimited. I'll even link ya!
http://www.gdunlimited.net/games/hollow-creek-stories-felixs-nightmare/home

But for those of you who just want to cut straight to the meat of the game, 

DOWNLOAD IT HERE!!! 

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/31107893/HCSFN.zip

And thanks for reading. Any feedback, reviews, bug reports, etc. can be sent straight to me and will be greatly appreciated, or you can just ask questions or whatever right here in this thread.

Here's what I think so far:

(+) - First off: AWESOME OST DUDE. It was very... "Gritty, sin-city-esque" I 

imagined a middle-aged P.I. sitting next to a cluttered desk with a bottle of 
scotch resting firmly atop while he smoked.

(*) - The music was REALLY loud.

(*) - I don't think you should have the title event wait for players button input, it 
kinda confused me at first.

(+/*) - The battle system is interesting, a fun twist on the unbelievably boring RTP
battle system. Like most people though, you let the explainations sort of shoehorn
themselves into the player and it broke the otherwise fairly convincing mood your
writing and cutscene set up.

(*) - A lot of the writing (The actual, visual letters, not the style) was squished
and sort of lackluster. I think a different font, even if it's just to times new 
roman or something, would make a big difference.

(+) - The maps were really good! Especially for using a lot of RTP components.

(+) - The diary was really cool! It made me think of resident evil- I mean, 
the whole game kinda reminds me but that especially.

(+) - The Animations between rooms as really cool, I haven't seen too many original
ones like that.

(*) - The candle shines that you used to indicate items was a little bland. I have
a slightly less bland one that you can use if you'd like, I downloaded it from this
website.

(+/*) - A lot of the little events and scripts you're using are great additions to 
the ambiance, great at setting up the mood of the horror-type genre. However the 
shadows from lightsource script (I think I know which one you're using) is a little
underproduced and kinda visually unappealing. To me, at least. 

(*) - In the scene where Felix meets the maid (Rosaline), the sprite for Felix 
clips outside of the room.

(*) - During the same cutscene, Felix left the room and I had to go back in to 
restart the cutscene.

(*) - It's SUPER laggy in the courtyard.

(*) - During combat with the zombies, the "Skull shatter" Skill has little value,
seeing as it takes two shots to kill most any zombie and the skill doesn't 1HKO them.

(*) - The potted plant in the bottom-left corner of the bar has no collision 
properties.

(*) - You have the wrong tiles for the tileset. (Picture attached)

Well, after a while of playing, I can't figure out how to get any further. I got to the Christene cutscene (as brief as it was) and the Rosaline cutscene. I am assuming I'm supposed to find sheet music to put in the piano and open up the corresponding doors, but I can't find any sheet music nor a shovel to open up the hole in the courtyard, nor the eyes to get past the Christene cutscene, nor whatever gemstone/etc that is needed to get past Rosaline.

post-29164-0-27787100-1443316844_thumb.png