New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.

Yo marked how hard would it be to get us a teamspeak server so we can all talk through voice?

It will be very nice for when we want to collaborate with each other or just hang out without having to use shitty skype or steam.

The chat room is fun to use. But voice chatting would be even more fun. Beside as a community we are growing even more! So why not have something more for this community :D I want this Roochu!

About $18 p/m (USD - monthly plan) for 30 user's with the server located in Dallas - https://www.nfoservers.com/order.php in the dropdown menu choose TS3, Amount of slots you want then the location (Use InterNAP locations its better in general), it had a package plan and calculator to show you the costs for the server

Edited by Miku Sama

I hope ppl will use it a lot if we end up getting one :D if we do we ought to use to its fullest!

This means you can't run from voice chats forever, Ardi... >u<

Ill def use it alot. Ill even use it when i play games with friends online because its so much easier to use TS than skype. No worrying about who is going to host the call or their internet cutting out and disconnecting everyone. With TS you just jump on and no worries. It would also be a great tool for helping people. we could have help me lobbies, one for training.

Im all down for managing it.

I hope ppl will use it a lot if we end up getting one :D if we do we ought to use to its fullest!

This means you can't run from voice chats forever, Ardi... >u<

nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

okay

What would be a cool thing now that I think about it is if GDU had it's own Youtube channel, where it features members of our community playing games, and also shows off games we have available. Or to even review some games that are not of GDU. I would definitely like to see that. We could use teamspeak to join up in some games where we could have collabs between us, like on GMod or something that a lot of people like!

Edited by Bob423
So many u's the page looked weird

As an aspiring youtuber and also someone who is adept at managing TS servers I could help out a bit (Admin powers.etc), It could also be funded by the community with a donation system with maybe something like a V.I.P system or something

Im sure when people want to laugh at foreign accent's they jump on ts, I dont really use skype for the reason I get stalked by american's that "love my accent" XD

Try being me... I don't even realise that I switch accents for some reason. The school picture photographer commented on my "Australian" accent the other day and I was just like "... I don't have one?" D:

O.o people stalk you on Skype just for your accent? 

Ill def use it alot. Ill even use it when i play games with friends online because its so much easier to use TS than skype. No worrying about who is going to host the call or their internet cutting out and disconnecting everyone. With TS you just jump on and no worries. It would also be a great tool for helping people. we could have help me lobbies, one for training.

Im all down for managing it.

I'm all down for Pol managing it if he wants, since he suggested the idea and all, I think. That sounds great, actually--whenever I make Skype calls it eats up my internet like mad.

What would be a cool thing now that I think about it is if GDU had it's own Youtube channel, where it features members of our community playing games, and also shows off games we have available. Or to even review some games that are not of GDU. I would definitely like to see that. We could use teamspeak to join up in some games where we could have collabs between us, like on GMod or something that a lot of people like!

Niiiiiice. That could be an idea! I could handle it if there were one and anyone wanted me to (although I'm just a mere member, I'd like to do something for this awesome site). I know how to upload videos (obviously lmao) and I have a pretty good screen recorder.

I think this is all gonna turn out super groovy :D

We've had youtube channels literally for half a decade. I would have loved for people from all over the community to contribute to it, but it was tough to get people keen on that. 

I'm happy to go with you's guy's ideas. I'll give you guys access to it. 

As for teamspeak.... how does this work again? Like an external client for chatting? Aka like skype but not skype and for GDU members?

As for teamspeak.... how does this work again? Like an external client for chatting? Aka like skype but not skype and for GDU members?

Its like IRC almost. When you join a server you see a list of lobbies for that server that you can join and talk to people in it through voice or text.

You just double click on any of them and if you have permissions to enter it you can go into it. Then you can hear and talk to anyone in it.

Heres what the client looks. Im connected to a gaming community.

yTiIG3E.png

Aw it sounds very cool but I think I'll be using the small bar at the bottom that says "Enter Chat Message" :P Yeah I might not be able to use the voice chat but I still support the idea :thumbsup:

If anybody is still interested in this idea, me and my friend have a new ts server that we started yesterday (10 Client max since it's just for a few ideas we have), if anyone wants to try it out, pm me and i'll pass on the connection info for the server