New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
ShinkuAura

Creating an Asset package

Last night at the chat, Polraudio told me to create an assets package for Unity 3D and told me to sell it on the asset store. I love the idea of creating an asset package. However, before i even make some good assets and sell them for a price.

I wanted to create a GDU Exclusive asset package free from charge, of course for the Unity engine.

Polraudio suggested me some basic things like trees, rocks and other things. So then i thought that the community would like to suggest some models to promote the site even more.

RULES:

No suggesting character models -- creating such would make everyone want a different character model.

Do not suggest repeated requests Read the topic's post.

Do not suggest anything Sexual or erotic. -- Sexy Marked is enough for GDU.

Vehicles and weapons allowed though to a minimal amount of 10 models of vehicles or weapons.

Be specific with your request. Post a link or image to clarify how you want the model to look like.

I will be creating two versions of these assets.

One version will be untextured which will be free to use for a commercial game and free use.

and the second will be textured but not suitable for a commercial game as the Textures may be copyrighted. Though you can use it for free use.

The untextured version pack will be UV unwrapped so you can use your own textures without any problems of looking weird.

One last thing, check out my 3D journal.

http://www.gdunlimited.net/forums/topic/11475-omars-3d-modelling-journal/

Alright now, suggest what you want to see on this GDU only package!

Things id like to see with a modern/mideval type feeling(almost like the wild west time period).

-Houses(just exterior and no interior). Few variations like maybe 3 with 1 floor and 3 with 2 floors. porches are optional but would look cool.

-Textures like roads, grass, dirt, dirt/grass(mixed for good transition material), rocks, cliffside textures, cobblestone for those cheap towns, maybe bricks and soil.

-Wood bridges with angle peices also and stuff that are kind of like walk ways(http://img07.deviantart.net/8d4f/i/2012/162/2/5/the_small_wooden_bridge_by_tudybeck-d534gn7.jpg)

-Some bushes/shrubs

-fences wooden and cobblestone and maybe bricks

Sorry for requesting alot

I think that stuff will give people a good start with resources to make a basic game.

If it turns out well i may make some scripts to go along with it.

Hm that sounds so cool! I like to suggest you to create some small animals like birds, frogs, rats and some bugs. They can be used in forests and caves. As pol said houses are also great. Some flower textures can be nice too.

I really wish you could model characters because that worker guy sucks xD

Hm that sounds so cool! I like to suggest you to create some small animals like birds, frogs, rats and some bugs. They can be used in forests and caves. As pol said houses are also great. Some flower textures can be nice too.

I really wish you could model characters because that worker guy sucks xD

I don't want to be an ass but. Read the rules -- these suggestions like animals is a character model.

RULE:

No suggesting character models -- creating such would make everyone want a different character model.

oh, sorry about that. I thought it includes humans only lol

Just think.

In RPG MAKER you have tilesets to make your game map. in Unity you need assets to make your map.

Pol Suggested Grass and fences and other things that are from a open environment. What else do you need in your map? Houses or flowers?

How about some rocks...:What do you have in mind?

What if we recreated the RM tilesets into models/textures? You say you want suggestions, but its sort of difficult because we're talking about mapping. Maybe we should write a list of what you already plan to make to make it easier to give a suggestion, otherwise we'll just be listing any old generic thing from tilesets. 

Something that would be unique to see in an asset pack would be items that the player could interact with, like boxes, crates, papers, lamps, construction material... stuff like that.

Or even possibly food objects like apples, grapes, bananas, fish, cabbage, bread, cake... it's no lie I tell you that it is a good idea!

I like the suggestion Ardi.

Hmmm...

Food would be good. though i may need to give them a test to see how they look on Unity.

What about a railgun? You know one of them mass-driver style weapons thats basically an end-game weapon once it's deployed due to it's effectiveness? I would like to see one on a tank (A railgun tank...sounds awesome) or on something like a mech (like chromehounds, a bi-pedal mech)

handheld_railgun_prototype_by_kyraptorn-

Handheld railgun (Railgun sniper OP!)

Axiom_Gun.jpg

Tank Railgun (Or should we say rail-FUN!)

Hey everyone, i haven't left this project yet. The reason for my absence is because September was not my good month.

I'm unemployed and desperate for a new job to help my family pay debts that is really depressing us all as a family. For now we're stable.

I couldn't do much last month, but since i have some free time, why not work on something productive. 

I'm starting off with simple things, such as grass. 

WS3I5Da.png

I'll have more assets in the future. Right now i need to concentrate on other important stuff right now.