New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
Polraudio

Pol's Derpy Space Game(Source Download Also)

This is an old project that i was working on as a minigame to Mine Clicker. It might still be a minigame for the game but idk yet.

Anyways the game is a 2d space game where you play as a ship and do nothing right now but fly around, mine stuff and thats about it so far.

There are physics in the game so you can bump into stuff and watch your ship fly out of control while you hammer the shift button to get it to stop moving.

CN917oI.png

Controls(not updated ingame):

-WASD to move

-Right Click to interact with mining asteroids and to access the menu for planet Zadune

-Left Click to pew pew(pew pew noise not included yet)

-Left Shift for brakes(known as inertial dampening)

Features:

-Planets will rotate around the sun like a real solar system

-Mining of resources

-Fun Ship physics

-Bumping into asteroids

-Finding the edge of the solar system

-Reading features to make the game feel better than it is

-MINIMAP!

-Interacting with planets to barely do anything!

-No AI(yet)

-Noise from pols mouth to make the thruster sound

Future Featuers:

-More noises from pols mouth like ghzeeeeeee for the mining laser or kaboom for blowing up of things and maybe a tink for hitting into things

-Inventory

-More ores to mine

-Enemies

-Proccessing of ores

-Planetary management

-Ship upgrades and modualr shit(thats right not modular ship i meant shit but in all seriousness i meant shit damnit it meant shit omg stop it fingers. SHIP there we go.)

-WAY bigger solar system and prob more than 1

-Put up outposts, bases, space stations, hookers/stripclubs, bars, and other stuff

-Police that will scan your cargo for illegal stuff like hookers, strip clubs, dildos, condoms, drugs, slaves, and etc....

-Badolice that will scan your cargo for legal stuff like thongs, ore, bars, dildos, drugs and silverware.

-Dynamic economy based on supply and demand.

Known Problems:

-The game lies about a help button existing

-No inventory to check your trunk

-No menu for quitting the game(use F4 if you play in fullscreen to close the game or die and click quit)

-Nothing really to do yet but its still cool to check out

-No mining lasers

-No pew pew sounds

Happy space adventures....for the 5min this games worth playing right now.

PEASE! Let me know what you thought about whats done so far. Pwitty pwease :cry: ?

DOWNLOAD

History:

Dev V1.01 - 8/19/21

-Added Solar Relays and Catchers(prob really buggy in a fun way).

-Locked FPS at 60 so computers don't die from using extra power that it doesnt need to.

-Changed the particles for fuel and oxygen to feel a little more realistic.

-Changed mining speed to be a little better.

-Added Particles for the thrusters instead of a static image when thrusting away.

-Added a blackhole ore that sucks you in and kills you if you get to close(Some bugs with the mouse over text that will be fixed in the next version).

-Expanded space and added an asteroid system(not filled with asteroids yet)

Next version possible updates:

-Inventory for both the player and home planet.

-Ores will actually give you ores when mined instead of being fake.

-Asteroid System Omega V will actually have asteroids you can mine.

-Collision damage will factor in speed. Meaning you might die if you are going to fast(or miss the solar relay catcher :P).

-Coordinates system so you know where you are in relation to your solar system(your sun will be 0,0).

Huge maybe(0%-25% Chance(This stuff will come sometime in the future tho)):

-Ship Upgrades

-Enemies

-Planet Stats like population

-Shop to sell ore

-Money(i hope so cause selling ore...).

Dev V1.0 - 8/18/2015

-First public release

Source Agreement and Download:

Note: My code is probably very very messy and confusing so good luck XD

[spoiler=Source Download and Agreement]> I will not try to profit from this.
> I will give the creator(Polraudio) credit in someplace noticeable.
> If i upload or link a project made with this source i will leave a link to this topic.
> I understand that the creator has no obligation to help with problems i may have.
> GDU is the place to be.

Download:
By clicking the download link you agree to the above terms
https://www.mediafire.com/?x6p4fy8ucoxfu08

I can understand why drugs would be both illegal and legal, but are there special illegal dildos? Asking for a friend...

O.o that's probably the strangest game I have ever played lol But still it can amaze me because I have no idea what you had to go through to get this done :o Good luck with further updates :D

I can understand why drugs would be both illegal and legal, but are there special illegal dildos? Asking for a friend...

It all depends on how its used. Ill let your imagination fill in the rest :P

~Updated Game~

Dev V1.01 - 8/19/21

-Added Solar Relays and Catchers(prob really buggy in a fun way).

-Locked FPS at 60 so computers don't die from using extra power that it doesnt need to.

-Changed the particles for fuel and oxygen to feel a little more realistic.

-Changed mining speed to be a little better.

-Added Particles for the thrusters instead of a static image when thrusting away.

-Added a blackhole ore that sucks you in and kills you if you get to close(Some bugs with the mouse over text that will be fixed in the next version).

-Expanded space and added an asteroid system(not filled with asteroids yet)

Next version possible updates:

-Inventory for both the player and home planet.

-Ores will actually give you ores when mined instead of being fake.

-Asteroid System Omega V will actually have asteroids you can mine.

-Collision damage will factor in speed. Meaning you might die if you are going to fast(or miss the solar relay catcher :P).

-Coordinates system so you know where you are in relation to your solar system(your sun will be 0,0).

Huge maybe(0%-25% Chance(This stuff will come sometime in the future tho)):

-Ship Upgrades

-Enemies

-Planet Stats like population

-Shop to sell ore

-Money(i hope so cause selling ore...).

Update will be coming soon with the following features.

-Coordinates system so you know where you are from home

-Mining

-Inventory for both the ship and planet

-Will be able to deposit items to the planet

-Solargates. Yes i added Solargates(Stargates) that will let you dial up a gate you found, Fly through the wormhole and end up on the other side. Tip: Make sure you remember your home address or you might not have enough fuel to fly back. Every gate will have a unique 5 character address that will be on the gate its self.

-Solar Relays will be completely removed as the solargate replaced them.

The Future of the Game!

So the future of the game has been changed alot. Its no longer going to be a single player adventure game altho that might be added in the future. The main focus of the game will be a fun competitive multiplayer. Each team will get a solar system(dont worry there will be multiple maps). The end goal is to destroy the other teams star and planet in that solar system.

What will the gameplay be like? Each team will start in their solar system with a planet(more planets might be added later), star and a solargate. When you first start the game you will want to rush off to explore and find other solargates and asteroid fields to mine. Once you find a solargate you wont automatically know the address so you better have a notepad or something to write it down so you can tell your team.

So after you done some exploring you will want to mine some resources to help your team build some stuff.

What can you use resources for? You can use resources to build various stuff to help your team. Items may include the following...

-Fuel Barrels so you can fuel your ship up on the go without worry about going dry and floating there waiting to die lol.

-Oxygen Tanks so you can refill your O2 on the go.

-Medical Supplies so you can heal your crew on the go.

-Repair Parts(Still on the fence about this once) to repair your ship if it gets damaged.

Yes i saved  the best for last.

-AI Ships to help you defend your home and attack the enemies. They will also try to destroy enemy bases along the way.

-Turrets to help you hold an area or defend your home.

-Bases to help you setup a forward base that you can spawn at and build stuff from.

-Research bases(maybe) to research new buildings that can be placed

Building types:

-Power generation(maybe) to power everything

-Research building(maybe) to research new stuff to make

-Matter Fabricator(maybe) for when resources run low or the map is out of them. Can use it to generate resources using power.

-Factory(maybe) for customizing and building AI ships.

One huge thing i want to do that im still thinking about so this is a big maybe.

-A commander who will be in change of building the buildings and commanding the AI ships. The commander will be in an RTS type mode instead of being in a ship. The commander can only see what has been explored by other team members or AI ships.

The commanders location is on the planet so if your planet gets destroyed the commander will be out of the game so no new buildings will be able to be placed. AI will just sit there and attack only what comes close to it. You will also not be able to respawn at all.

Hm I think you're going very well with the gameplay. I like to suggest you to add a very short but exciting story to it so the game will have some kind of "meaning" and "frame", You know.

And maybe I'm missing it but I couldn't find any upgrading system for ships in your update list. I think it's a good thing to have. A player always wants to get stronger :)

Hm I think you're going very well with the gameplay. I like to suggest you to add a very short but exciting story to it so the game will have some kind of "meaning" and "frame", You know.

And maybe I'm missing it but I couldn't find any upgrading system for ships in your update list. I think it's a good thing to have. A player always wants to get stronger :)

There will be upgrades for the player ship. I forgot to add that up there lol. There will be plans for sort of a SP story/adventure mode with a randomly generated galaxy(assuming i can correctly program the orbit system to work with random generation).

Inventory system is nearly finished for both the planet and ship. Just a few bugs that been pissing me off that are kind of game breaking lol.

For the next update i many even add a crafting system for making things like fuel barrels and stuff so you can fuel up on the go while mining in the asteroid system.

Right now development is going a little slow as a prepare to move to a different town. Finally moving on my own away from my family.

Since im a nice guy and believe every project should eventually have its source released im going release the source of this for you guys.

The only thing i ask is that you don't sell the source or make a game with it and sell it. Its fine to make a game with it and release it for free as long as i get credit somewhere thats noticeable. <Even if its on the main post to a download link and not actually in the game its self. As long as the person downloading it can see a list of all the people who made it.

The source is the latest version of the game and has some features that are not in the current downloadable version. Some of these features are...

-Solargate System(highly highly inspired by stargates).

-Ship and planet inventory.

-Can store items in your planet(cant take stuff out or do anything with them yet)

-Asteroid system(this system has a solargate. discover it and remember the solargate address so you can dial it from any gate....dont forget to remember your homes gate address also.)

Source Agreement and Download:

Note: My code is probably very very messy and confusing so good luck XD

[spoiler=Source Download and Agreement]> I will not try to profit from this.

> I will give the creator(Polraudio) credit in someplace noticeable.

> If i upload or link a project made with this source i will leave a link to this topic.

> I understand that the creator has no obligation to help with problems i may have.

> GDU is the place to be.

Download:

By clicking the download link you agree to the above terms

https://www.mediafire.com/?x6p4fy8ucoxfu08