New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
Darkness

[VX ACE] Anirone [Demo 1.0]

wez-g3-23702.png

(Picture by Greerenz)

Anirone is a game about a girl name "Anirone" who has been locked inside a house. She need to find a way to get out of her room by collecting several things in another world. There will be many obstacles along the way, and only you have the power to help her go through them all!! 

General Details
- Used default RTP and some imported resources and scripts.
- Full of puzzles. Most of them are "extremely hard" to solve. Be cautious...

- Various ways to deal with things. Many choices for you to choose.

- Multiple endings. 4 Bad Ends , 2 Neutral Ends and 1 Good End. Only a good end is canon.

*(A "Good End" is "extremely hard" to get. It can be achieved in the first play-through technically. But not logically. It may required second or more time. And there are a lot of  requirements to get the good end.)
- Average play time = 30-50 minutes.

weqwe.JPG

nbnbmbnf.JPG

Character

- Anirone : An ordinary girl that you control.

anirone1face1.png

(Thanks to http://moka-rin.moe/game/chara/)

rlVBeRa.png

Credits

Creator : Goddiga (from Whateverzone)  
Scripts : Galv , Tsukihime , Yanfly , Helladen , Khas , NerdiGaming  
Art Resources : Sanggameboy , flamingteddyproductions , Red Herring , Unknown (horrorpart1-3,tumblr) , http://moka-rin.moe/game/chara , Morishita , Greerenz , Flytrap , Fatelogic  
Music Resources : Purple Planet , Maoudamashii , Presence of Music , Royalty Free Music , pantersar , Kyoko  
Bugs Report : Ardaceus , Flytrap
Programme : Enterbrain

This is my first game I ever made by RPG Maker VX ACE. So if there's any mistake, I'd like to apologize for that.

Please give me as much advise as you can.

And you can offer any help to me if you want to.

qj5nlEd.png

(Picture by Flytrap.)

Here's the download

Demo (Old/No RTP) : http://www.mediafire.com/download/v01rt1njaaabbjb/Anirone1.2.rar

Full (New/No RTP) : http://www.mediafire.com/file/ahbvq2apb95qceb/Anirone2.4.rar

Edited by Darkness

When I download the file, all I get is a file... I can't do anything with the file except open it in a browser just to download the same file again. Is there something I'm supposed to do with it or am I not supposed to get just a plain file I can't open.

When I download the file, all I get is a file... I can't do anything with the file except open it in a browser just to download the same file again. Is there something I'm supposed to do with it or am I not supposed to get just a plain file I can't open.

That's so weird. I'm sure I had uploaded it with .zip.

It seems an uploading page made it to become a file.

Just add .zip to its name and it should work.

Edited by Darkness

Well, that did work... and OMG.

This is possibly the best puzzle game idea I have ever tried! I love how things are limited, and how you can learn from mistakes. You make great emphasis on the save feature, making me want to save on separate files so that if I screw up I can fix it. And that number puzzle, awesome. You really reach out to the player on a level where you have to feel like you're outsmarting the game in order to complete it, and I feel satisfied and happy to solve these puzzles on my own. I won't spoil what is in the game, but I would really wish that there was a better AI for the beast that hunts you in the demo, for it was very annoying to get by it in the beginning since the space is small. There was also a clipping bug where the game teleports me onto the cave when going from the 3rd room of the cave into the 2nd room, I can move up and be on the wall of the cave. There was even a bug where the lamp reignites after it douses for good, which should be fixed. One last thing I would personally love is custom graphics, like a more emotional looking character, darker environments, custom tilesets, and more ominous audio. Though graphics and sound don't make a great game, they just make it more memorable.

But overall, I would suggest a play to anyone who has 15 minutes of their life to try this game, for it is a great mind boggling experience. 

Well, that did work... and OMG.

This is possibly the best puzzle game idea I have ever tried! I love how things are limited, and how you can learn from mistakes. You make great emphasis on the save feature, making me want to save on separate files so that if I screw up I can fix it. And that number puzzle, awesome. You really reach out to the player on a level where you have to feel like you're outsmarting the game in order to complete it, and I feel satisfied and happy to solve these puzzles on my own. I won't spoil what is in the game, but I would really wish that there was a better AI for the beast that hunts you in the demo, for it was very annoying to get by it in the beginning since the space is small. There was also a clipping bug where the game teleports me onto the cave when going from the 3rd room of the cave into the 2nd room, I can move up and be on the wall of the cave. There was even a bug where the lamp reignites after it douses for good, which should be fixed. One last thing I would personally love is custom graphics, like a more emotional looking character, darker environments, custom tilesets, and more ominous audio. Though graphics and sound don't make a great game, they just make it more memorable.

But overall, I would suggest a play to anyone who has 15 minutes of their life to try this game, for it is a great mind boggling experience. 

Wow! Thank you very much for playing my game and sharing your opinion. I'm truly grateful. I was kind of worried because this was my first game I've ever made. But after hearing your opinion,I've gained a lot of confidence.

For all the mistakes you've mentioned , I'll be sure to check on them when I have more free time. Originally,I made this game on purpose of trying my puzzle ideas so I just using default RTP since it'd took less time and effort in making it. For the custom graphics issues,I'm still working on it and need to practice a lot for quite some times. I'll also try to recruit somebody to help me on those.

Anyways,thank you again for trying my game. I'll surely improving it in a full version as much as I can.

PS.What was the ending you got?

Edited by Darkness

Since my game-publishing page has been shut down for the time being , so I uploaded my game on mediafire.

It is also a 1.1 version with minor bugs Ardaceus had mentioned fixed (may still had some unexpected ones left,though.).

- Wall issues fixed

- Lamp issues fixed

- Change the hiding location of a certain item.

- Add events when returning to the previous rooms while being chased. (only 1 room)

*AI and the other elements not mentioning are still the same.

Edited by Darkness

Okay, so, I gave it the college try and got this to say:

(*) - The beginning is confusing, I didn't really know what to do so I just started interacting with everything. Maybe give some kinda nudge in the right direction?

(+) - Music was cool, even if it was RTP, good use of the boilerplate assets.

(*) - The Hanging corpse isn't directional fixed and changes graphics when interacted with.

(*) - Falling down the south hole in the ground does not generate a "Your legs broke" message like the east one does.

(*) - After putting the weight on the second button, your character still has the option to jump down the hole, causing her to die. You should remove that if only to go the extra mile and have a complete project.

Remarkable small list of spoilers for me, usually I fill a page. I am stuck at the number puzzle with the combination, I have all four numbers but nothing is happening. I'm sure there's something I'm supposed to do but I have no more items and cannot interact with anything but the door, the save points and the broken jars. Maybe I'm just tired or something... 

Good game though, it was very simplistic, almost reminding me of the binding of isaac, it had that same sense of lonliness minus all the walking abortions.

Edited by Flytrap

Okay, so, I gave it the college try and got this to say:

(*) - The beginning is confusing, I didn't really know what to do so I just started interacting with everything. Maybe give some kinda nudge in the right direction?

(+) - Music was cool, even if it was RTP, good use of the boilerplate assets.

(*) - The Hanging corpse isn't directional fixed and changes graphics when interacted with.

(*) - Falling down the south hole in the ground does not generate a "Your legs broke" message like the east one does.

(*) - After putting the weight on the second button, your character still has the option to jump down the hole, causing her to die. You should remove that if only to go the extra mile and have a complete project.

Remarkable small list of spoilers for me, usually I fill a page. I am stuck at the number puzzle with the combination, I have all four numbers but nothing is happening. I'm sure there's something I'm supposed to do but I have no more items and cannot interact with anything but the door, the save points and the broken jars. Maybe I'm just tired or something... 

Good game though, it was very simplistic, almost reminding me of the binding of isaac, it had that same sense of lonliness minus all the walking abortions.

Thank you very much for trying my game and giving me comments. It was still incompleted so there're many bugs here and there.

- For the beginning of the game, the full version will have a story which will help you to progress more easily.

- That's strange. I thought I had fixed it in v1.2. I'll fix it in the full game, then.

- That's intentional. Because you crashed with a rock instead of a ground so not only your legs would be broken.

- Left one or right one? Actually, all holes still be able to jump because putting the weight doesn't make you survive the jump. If I misunderstand something, please clarify me.

- The number puzzle was written on the paper. Try to flip it upside-down.

Thank you again for all your useful comments. I don't have a plan to make a full game for now since I have been so busy with the translation works. I'll be sure to update it when I have time.

Edited by Darkness

I tried all 16 combinations of the numbers and none worked. :/

Try 9098. If it doesn't work, that's a bug and I'll fix it in the next version. 

Sorry for my hard-to-read handwriting style.

[spoiler='seriously, spoilers, don't look if you haven't beaten the game.]

Okay so I got through to the end~ All in all that was a really fun game! I'm kinda glad there at the end that I screwed up so much on the sword-lever-bomb thing because I found the best way to get as many items as I could for the end. I actually happened on the "weak spot" by accident, lol, I would've died if I hadn't used it. I only had one potion. 

Two things, just spelling stuff:

(*) - When you have no weapons and the witch thing is coming to get you, the second line it says is something along the lines of "Also you can't go on like this", it sounds like a bad translation of a foreign game. (No offense if you're ESL)
You should change it to something a little less clunky like: "You are unable to continue at this point."

(*) - The description for the sword has a typo. "Weigh" should be "Weighs" and "the wooden stick" should just be "a wooden stick".

Seriously though, a great game. As far as what you were looking to do, I'd say 3/5 stars.
I agree with Ardaceus, I'd like to see some explanation and deeper story, though I really don't mind the RTP graphics since I don't play a lot of VX or Ace games and haven't gotten bored of them. I'd like to see another level or maybe something after you get back to the room. Or maybe even divergent stories based on what you do in the first room. (Like playing the piano takes you to a differently-themed dungeon and the teddy bear takes you to some kind alice-in-wonderland-esque area, etc etc.)

[spoiler='seriously, spoilers, don't look if you haven't beaten the game.]

Okay so I got through to the end~ All in all that was a really fun game! I'm kinda glad there at the end that I screwed up so much on the sword-lever-bomb thing because I found the best way to get as many items as I could for the end. I actually happened on the "weak spot" by accident, lol, I would've died if I hadn't used it. I only had one potion. 

Two things, just spelling stuff:

(*) - When you have no weapons and the witch thing is coming to get you, the second line it says is something along the lines of "Also you can't go on like this", it sounds like a bad translation of a foreign game. (No offense if you're ESL)
You should change it to something a little less clunky like: "You are unable to continue at this point."

(*) - The description for the sword has a typo. "Weigh" should be "Weighs" and "the wooden stick" should just be "a wooden stick".

Seriously though, a great game. As far as what you were looking to do, I'd say 3/5 stars.
I agree with Ardaceus, I'd like to see some explanation and deeper story, though I really don't mind the RTP graphics since I don't play a lot of VX or Ace games and haven't gotten bored of them. I'd like to see another level or maybe something after you get back to the room. Or maybe even divergent stories based on what you do in the first room. (Like playing the piano takes you to a differently-themed dungeon and the teddy bear takes you to some kind alice-in-wonderland-esque area, etc etc.)

Wow.. Thank you very very much for your review! This encouraged me so much!

So, you managed to get out of the room. Congratulations!

For the battle, I intended to force the player to use the lamp on the monster, anyways.

I must apologize for the bad sentence. Thanks for letting me know. It seems I still made some mistakes on writing. I'll change it into what you suggested in the next version. Also, what's ESL, anyways? And I'm Thai. I wrote all this in English just so that I could post it on foreign website/webboard. Feel free to tell me any grammatical errors and such I made.

Again, sorry for the typo. I didn't pay much attentions to the description at the time, though. 

I promise you'll certainly learn more story in the full game. In fact, I have all the ideas but I lack determination (at the time) and the skill on mapping and also a ton of translation works at hand. So it might take times for me to start working on this again.

And of course I actually planned on letting the player traveling to different dungeons depend on what he/she interacted. I just did not include it in the demo.

The full game will be improve thanks to you and Ardaceus!

Wow.. Thank you very very much for your review! This encouraged me so much!

So, you managed to get out of the room. Congratulations!

For the battle, I intended to force the player to use the lamp on the monster, anyways.

I must apologize for the bad sentence. Thanks for letting me know. It seems I still made some mistakes on writing. I'll change it into what you suggested in the next version. Also, what's ESL, anyways? And I'm Thai. I wrote all this in English just so that I could post it on foreign website/webboard. Feel free to tell me any grammatical errors and such I made.

Again, sorry for the typo. I didn't pay much attentions to the description at the time, though. 

I promise you'll certainly learn more story in the full game. In fact, I have all the ideas but I lack determination (at the time) and the skill on mapping and also a ton of translation works at hand. So it might take times for me to start working on this again.

And of course I actually planned on letting the player traveling to different dungeons depend on what he/she interacted. I just did not include it in the demo.

The full game will be improve thanks to you and Ardaceus!

And thank you very much for the gift! I'm truly appreciate it! If you allow me, I'd like to use that picture as a game cover. 

Edited by Darkness

And thank you very much for the gift! I'm truly appreciate it! If you allow me, I'd like to use that picture as a game cover. 

Sorry, I accidentally clicked on a reply instead of an edit.

Edited by Darkness

Absolutely, I love helping out. It's what I joined to do. :)

ESL = English Second Language, it means you're not a native enlgish-speaker, which is common for websites like this.

Of course you can use it! That's why I made it for you, I figured you'd like something a little more professional-looking.Feel free to use it as your game cover.

If you'd like, I can help you with the writing or mapping. I always like using my abilities to help fellow gamers.

Absolutely, I love helping out. It's what I joined to do. :)

ESL = English Second Language, it means you're not a native enlgish-speaker, which is common for websites like this.

Of course you can use it! That's why I made it for you, I figured you'd like something a little more professional-looking.Feel free to use it as your game cover.

If you'd like, I can help you with the writing or mapping. I always like using my abilities to help fellow gamers.

Thanks for allowing me to use the picture you draw! I'll be sure to put it as a game cover.

I'd appreciate it if you would really help me for mapping and proofreading. I'll ask for your cooperation once I have time and a new idea for this game. Thank you and have a good day!

Oh wow.. I had no idea it had been this long and there's still someone waiting at that time :excited:  Time sure flies.

Sorry, I got so busy with works in university and I've become a leader of the game translation group so I spend most of my times managing it and translating a lot of games there. It took a lot of time and effort to translate just one game. And there's also a huge responsibility as a group leader as well. But I also had planned to make our own games but I'm not sure about this one. Since I no longer work alone, I might give this game to my colleagues to do it for me. I might change the story of the game past up the demo point a bit if I came back to it again. Or maybe I (or someone else) will write a whole new story for it and I will focus on puzzle rather than a horror element this time. 

To be honest, it's also because I was not so sure if the old story I thought up would work on Anirone and I got some new ideas for other games to try out as well. But after seeing those posts from last year maybe I'll work on it again even though no one care anymore. But of course with help from my colleagues and maybe some of you here who still want to help. I have so much works to do so I think it might be around July or August. It will be 2 years anniversary of this game as well  :ok: 

And that's it. I sincerely apologize for those who have been waiting for this game  :ehh:

Edited by Darkness

Good news! I decided to work on it right now! At this rate, it might be finished within this month. Annnd I'm going to upload the game unencrypted so some of you who interested in editing this game would be easier to do so.

Bad news... There's only one new area after the demo. At first, I planned on having 2 more,

a forest dungeon accessing by using a hammer on the cracked wall and a tower dungeon when playing the piano.

I decided to use my spare plan to scratch the middle areas up and then moving to the final. It's possible that you may find the final area a bit.. disappointing. But this is the best I can do to complete this game right now.

I hoped I concluded it well. Well, let's see when it finished!  :wave:

Edited by Darkness

*Updated!

The full game is technically completed. :ok: But there's still something need to be done before the release this March.

- Testing and debugging the whole game again

- Improvising most of the dialogues (can't guarantee an accuracy of grammar, though.)

- Anirone's facial expressions
- Some other things I didn't mention here or might find out later

Some contents in the demo has been changed in the full game. So, I recommended those who had already played the demo to play the full game again right from the start.  :ehh:

Edited by Darkness

It's completed!

Check it out on the first page or you can download here : http://www.mediafire.com/file/5b4epc8lo3qfe1d/Anirone2.0.rar

Thank you very much for all your supports for this game to come out! Especially Ardaceus and Flytrap.

They are my biggest motivations to finish this game.

I'm sleepy so I'm going to update an RTP-include version tomorrow!