New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
Marked

Stop spamming the quotes system

After Bob's status update, I realised that the qutoes section has gone a bit unmoderated. You wouldn't think you need to really moderate it, but unfortunately you guys have posted some stuff that really doesn't need to come through on our main pages.

Here's some examples

d23f7b02c26e35ba1a3c327d775088da.png

And these...

0933cc9825f65f7b497044072ca4255b.png

b20179dafc698a03f0035ecb0b98a09f.png

Actually there's tons of these... things I really just don't get. Am I outta touch, or is there no real reference to these?

For your quotes... please use the following guidelines

• Be mature... think about whether it'll be funny to other people
  • Make sure most people will get the reference
  • Quotes should be inspiring, or funny, and value ought to be obtained from almost everyone who reads.

Keep it classy people.

Here's a good example of an acceptable funny quote that requires a reference:

7fd0055d3feeb80f5b465326658ccf23.png

If people spam the quotes... I'll find you, and tatoo them on your back. :ok:  :thumbsup: 

This is why I want to moderate the quotes section. Even some of mine need to be removed.

Edit: I'd like to suggest a few rules...

1. If the quote is by a real person, but either their first and last name or their online username.

2. If the quote is by a fictional character, put the character's name and, in parentheses, what franchise they are from.

Example:

7fd0055d3feeb80f5b465326658ccf23.png

3. Research your quote if you're not sure who said it or don't know exactly how it went. I mostly just want this because I care about accuracy. (Yes, I realize this means some of my quotes need to be changed)

If everyone does this, it'll make everything a whole lot cleaner.

I suggest "Edit" and "Delete" buttons for moderators so we (mainly I) can clean stuff up.

Ok, read it. I'll probably put some guidelines up there next time, but they won't be strict. It shouldn't be strict, but commonsense hasn't always prevailed in this case. Nothing a bit of moderation can't fix though :) I don't actually read the quotes, so this got past me for a while :/

Woah the Quotes are out of control.  Bob was right. Quote moderation is necessary. 

Just looking at these recent quotes are just kind of dumb. I was even part of the fire lol, but only twice.

Don't worry bob, i'll remind Mark about this topic and the tools when he is free (mostly weekends.).

If people spam the quotes... I'll find you, and tatoo them on your back.  :ok:   :thumbsup:

Sorry, Mark. You're too late, I had "I LOVE BALLS!!" tattooed professionally on my back yesterday. :thumbsup:  Thanks but no thanks. 

On the serious side, thanks for making this news post! Now I actually understand what the quotes system is for. I'll keep this in mind if I decide to submit a quote in the future!

EDIT: I went romping through the quotes section to find blackmail on Germany (that's what our relationship is 99% of the time) and found this... 

owo-27952.png

For your quotes... please use the following guidelines

• Be mature... think about whether it'll be funny to other people
  • Make sure most people will get the reference
  • Quotes should be inspiring, or funny, and value ought to be obtained from almost everyone who reads.

:huh2:... care to explain, Mark?

But clever retorts aside, I am actually genuinely curious as to why this got into the Quotes section.

Edited by Kitsuki

Hey, everyone participated in these quotes. Even i have been part of the fire. What Mark is trying to say is that we should add inspirational and funny quotes at times. Not these unnecessary things. Mark Quoted from Germany because he thought it was funny or just wanted to add it. 

Of course that Mark will need to show more maturity from here on out, because these quotes are now getting out of control.

Hey, everyone participated in these quotes. Even i have been part of the fire. What Mark is trying to say is that we should add inspirational and funny quotes at times. Not these unnecessary things. Mark Quoted from Germany because he thought it was funny or just wanted to add it. 

Of course that Mark will need to show more maturity from here on out, because these quotes are now getting out of control.

I understand this 100% :) but I actually really want to know why a post about XP RTP flags were funny... XD

Maybe because he wanted a US flag, but had Germany and Italy in his username?

Give this man a fucking medal.

That's exactly right. Dat my quote. I'm not saying its entirely obvious :)

omg you guys all get gold medals XD Didn't realise that until now.

Wow, it was a whole year ago O.o Imagine how many quotes have piled into there by now. Are you going to go and take the spam-ish ones out or leave them there, Marked?

Once I can, I probably will...That is if Marked doesn't do it before then. I'd like it if he didn't though, cuz I want to :P

I'd still like to be able to edit previously existing quotes too. Just so I can fix them and have them still say they're submitted by the original poster instead of by me. That'll probably take longer though, so take your time.

Really sad to see that some stupidly funny quotes are gone. It's quite small now. I think that the quotes that were written before the update should have stayed because it was quite fun to read some of them even if one of them said #StopTrollmar.

I think the update should have been created to "Stop" new quotes not delete old ones.  Oh well, at least my quotes stayed. lol

oh if they're deleted i call "censorship"

Really sad to see that some stupidly funny quotes are gone. It's quite small now. I think that the quotes that were written before the update should have stayed because it was quite fun to read some of them even if one of them said #StopTrollmar.

I think the update should have been created to "Stop" new quotes not delete old ones.  Oh well, at least my quotes stayed. lol

#StopBobTheGaySpinningPenguinNowTheQuotesMod

I submitted a quote now, let's see if I did it right XP or else our new Quotes Mod will erase it from GDU forever.

I disagree with your entire post :)

Sorry.

That's cool bro. You were born in a different century to most of us, which is a pretty good excuse :ok:

I kept "I HAVE FURY" Just because I actually get the reference. I might delete it and resubmit it to add that it's from a Mario game. Not sure exactly which one though, because I think there's like 2 or 3 it could be.

It's funny because he's saying "I HAVE FURY" instead of "I AM ANGRY" That's just how he talks lol. e.g: he says "I have chortles." when he does his evil laugh.

I disagree with your entire post :)

Jeez Mark, you're becoming a fish easier to catch. I thought you were smarter then this man! That was obviously for Bob lol.

He said what I was thinking, so I didn't respond :P Okay, maybe I don't disagree with the entire post, but I stand by my decisions of what I deleted and I what I didn't. Got a problem, let me know.