New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
tlbearer

Which map do you like better?

I am trying to decide wether to use xp or vx ace based on maps. Here are the maps, they are both of the same area. Tell me which you like better.post-26366-0-91983600-1436743718_thumb.png

my personal preference is xp over ace any day. you can do a lot with either one tho if you try.

of your two maps i prefer the xp, but you could do much more with these maps to add depth to it. Most places like beaches/deserts have dunes, hills and different split levels to them. Also use more extras like rocks, different flowers/bushes, and try not to make the water line so straight.

on the ace map, use wet/darker sand near the water, and lighter/dry sand away from the water, keeping in mind this effect shouldn't be straight either.

thats my advice, take from it what you will.

Even though I prefer Ace over XP, I like the XP one better. Dolarmak summarizes it pretty well, but I would add on that the colours used on a map can really affect on what a player would enjoy more, like in the Ace one, you didn't use many colours besides a shade of tan and leaf green which is all I really see, while on the XP one it feels more detailed which I have taken from the different colours I see in the environment.

Of course the XP one. But I agree with dolarmak, That map needs more work indeed.  Check this out

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j205/zanbatou-T-S/screen3.png

It's not the same tileset but I bet it can inspire you.

Niiiiice, Zahraa! I'm already getting some inspiration from that as well.

Yeah, I definitely agree with the XP. I'm never one to prefer Ace when there's good ol' XP. But 100% agreed that there can be so much more done with both of the maps. The desert tileset has never been one of my favourites, but when you put your mind to it you can make quite a few decent things... try to add more variety, maybe some hilly area and different levelling, like dolarmak suggested. All of his advice is good, I'd definitely take it all into consideration when you map in the future.