New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.

Am I doing this right? Yeah... I think I'm doing it right. Don't mess this up...

Well I just got here. Got recommended this site quite a few times. But I honestly didn't know what I could bring aside from some very little reputation, RPG Maker XP, my game(s), and above average eventing knowledge.

So I finally decided to man up, and sign up. And all I have to say is that this website looks like the big city. 

But in all honesty, this looks like a nice community so far, so anyway, here's a bit about my origins on how i started RPG Maker XP

Started with RPG Maker XP in 2011, made a terrible game called "Dusty X" that THANKFULLY never surfaced to the eyes of others. Continued up until early 2012 when my drive was dominated by Malware, Viruses, Worms, etc.

2013 I returned to work on my game. At this time, I had much more in depth understanding of things. Retrieving it from that hellspawn of a hard drive that ended up somewhere in a dump, I opened it up and...

"Oh... This is actually really bad."

Turned off the computer and called it a night.

2014: Starting from scratch with an unknown desire to make this game, "Dusty X" was renamed "Prophet Sword". Giving it a actual lore and storyline, and a few reworks, "Prophet Sword" is sailing smoothly so far to a the eyes of a few close friends, and my eyes at the least.

2015, started a youtube channel, made a fairly known series called Bad RPG Maker games, and now here I am. My only motives now are not to mess up my reputation.

Hi.

So I finally decided to man up, and sign up. And all I have to say is that this website looks like the big city.

LOL "big city" riiiiight.

Welcome to GDU! You can really only ruin your reputation if you're a terrible person :P

We're really all a bunch of newbs here, so just make yourself at home lol.

Lol big city...

Welcome to the forums Dusty.

The quality of your games don't matter so much as the fact that you learned something from it. Learning new tricks, skills and experiences are whats needed to make great games. It takes time, but hard work can pay off if you keep with it.

Nope. This thing is not on. We are a defunct league  of wannabes, hipsters, and mad raving hermits.

Only activity this forum registers is random one man projects, and help requests for said projects. And whatever it is people do in the other sections of the forum.

Hmm... This place really could use a little more PR. *is hit by a dawning inspiration*

Yup, a big city, too bad nobody inhabits it.

A channel like that will probably never run out of material... Btw, feel free to check out the games in my signature and feature them. *chuckle*

Anyway, as your friendly neighbourhood cynic I can tell you, it's not so bad to have a bad reputation, as long as you can take the heat. x)