New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
johncena123

Can someone help me about cutscene?

Question

3 answers to this question

You're new to RMXP, aren't you? Well, that's okay, we're here to help. :D Next time, though, be sure to make your posts more informative.

The question is, do you want the player to still be able to move around with the NPCs following them--and then for the NPCs initiate conversation when they touch the player? Or do you want to have it all in one scene, with the player unable to move freely?

You can use an autorun and set move routes, then "show text" command to show dialogue.

But if you're looking to have the NPC follow the player while the player can still move around, then that takes a little more work with custom move routes, but I'll wait until I know exactly what you're looking for.

If you are in fact completely new to RMXP, I would suggest you watch Narutorealm's tutorial videos first: 

They help you to get a good grasp of how the engine works and all. ;)

Thanks, bro for your help

Sorry for not being so informative, this is because I want to make a "you forgot this" scene

Thanks, bro for your help

Sorry for not being so informative, this is because I want to make a "you forgot this" scene

Ah, I see what ya meant. Just need a simple autorun for that, then. ;) Not the whole shebang with custom move routes or anything. A lot of cutscenes and stuff like that can be done with autorun.

If you want to learn more of the basic commands, I really recommend watching those tutorial vids. I didn't understand RMXP and what it was capable of, or even how to use it, when I first started. That video series right there helped me get a pretty good grasp of it.

Good luck with your game! ;D