New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
James Anthony Hyatt

Question about submitting tuts

Greetings , 

I hope i have placed this in the correct place.Please forgive me if i  have not. I was wondering if the submit tutorials area is working correctly? If it is working properly, can anyone point me to somewhere that it states what the average time frame to get a tutorial approved is ? Again if this is in the wrong section please forgive me.Thank you for your time.

-James

Basically it's me or one of the mods who have a look and approve. The trouble is that its a very old system, one of the oldest that I coded that is still existing on the site, so no one but me really looks there except occasionally. So if I miss it then you can PM me.

I keep forgetting to check the content that needs to be approved lol. Really needs to be a notification of some type(then it would get approved/disapproved within sec-minutes).

Yeah. It's an old system. I can actually put a notification in like there used to be (that little red thing with the counter), the old one got lost in all the new designs we've had.

Back in those days I was more optimistic and thought there would eventually be so many submissions that we'd need to have an approval system. The additional code that goes into an approval system... I spent some crazy hours on this when I was learning to code things. I think maybe we'll get rid of it entirely and just delete that ones that aren't good enough quality to be published. The main idea behind the approval system was the abiliry for mods to give feedback.