New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
Marked

Should we upgrade to Windows 10?!

So this popped up on my computer today: 

1784018beda536b0747667d013fbb06f.png

Is anyone going to upgrade? I sort of want to, but if my programs don't work, especially dropbox which I rely on a lot, then there's no point. 

Im not going to upgrade. Im going to do a full install. To many problems usually arise when you do an upgrade. Im most likely going to wait a month or 2 after release before i even think about getting it. I will however test it in a virtual machine first to make sure ill like it. From what i tried in the preview it seemed good.

Sup

I have been running windows 10 for a while now, possibly over a month, yes it is good, yes it is stable, and it has only crashed on me once due to playing a game that was not meant to be played on a laptop XD (video memory ran out/ leaked) All my programs worked, unity, photoshop, code editors. ect. and this is only the preview! 

I am definitely upgrading from the technical preview and from windows 8.1 on my desktop. :3 

I hate to say it , but if this will get me out of the H . E. double hockey stick that i am in when ever i use 8.1 then yeha ill upgrade, i really dislike 8.1 if i could go down to vista or win7 i would but i cant , so ...yeah ill be upgrading 

Windows 10 Cortana understands the main characters of "Puella Magi Madoka Magica" therefore it must be downloaded. (names like Kyubey it can decipher!), No other search engine can (voice to text) :P

sleeping_kyubey_by_kizarin-d5dexpc.png

I donno, I've had a lot of bad experiences with windows initial release. Its been better in my experience to wait until the first service pack before upgrading, at least then they have time to fix the blatant holes in security and mess ups with compatibility with other programs

Im not going to upgrade. Im going to do a full install. To many problems usually arise when you do an upgrade. Im most likely going to wait a month or 2 after release before i even think about getting it. I will however test it in a virtual machine first to make sure ill like it. From what i tried in the preview it seemed good.

Same, I'll have the notification up, but I won't click the button for upgrade just yet. I've also been using the Preview mode in VMware Workstation and it looks stable, but I need to know how stable the full version is with my hardware before I want to upgrade. I am done with the damn BSOD issues.