New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
James Anthony Hyatt

Hobo-A Urban Survival Simulation(Take it if you want it/Feed Back on Ideal Requested)

Greetings,

This is a game concept/ideal that I have, but due to my lack of ability (for now) in RGSS3, I had to shelf the Ideal. I would at some point like to pick it back up, but if anyone else wants it they can have it. Just let me know that you are going to use the ideal, so I can mark it as used. I had planned to make the game in RPG Maker VX Ace.

Game Title:

Hobo-An Urban Survival Simulation

Genre: Survival Simulation/Realistic Sim

Theme: Urban

Players: Single Player

Project: Indie

Platform: RPG Maker VX Ace

Release Date: TBD [shelved]

Game Company: [b.F.] Brain Fade Studios

Synopsis:

How well could you survive the urban wilderness that only the homeless among us know about, how long can you survive, and can you overcome the obstacles that are in every Homeless person’s way to get back on their feet?

Short Storyline:

You play a person (we will say he but maybe not), who by a twist of fate, Lost everything on a bad investment. By everything I do mean everything, his house, car, wife, job, money...everything. You play as him as he discovers that there are people still worse off than himself and he figures out how to survive the Hobo world that he has suddenly found himself in.Choose to be a villain of the hobo community, beating up other hobos and stealing from them, or choose to go the good path and share and help others, the choice is up to you while you are trying to get back on your feet.

Planned Features:

Multiple Job Options- Be a fast food worker, city employee, salesman, day laborer, etc., etc.

Reputation System-Build your reputation with other hobos, with the city employees, with pretty much anyone, you never know when knowing the right person might give you the leg up.

Needs/Body Care System- keeps track of many things, such as hunger, tiredness, thirst, body odor, facial hair (the need to shave) How clean your cloths are, when you need to shower, etc. There will be penalties/bonuses for what each value is at in game.

Tactical Object Based Combat-a tactical combat system that focuses on items for actual combat, there will be basic melee attacks as well.

Most of this is available in one format or the other on many different sites as scripts or tuts on how to do something, but the one thing hat made me decide to shelf it was my lack of RGSS3 skills, I couldn’t code a needs system that was that advanced. Like I said if anyone wants it, please feel free, if no one does, then any advice on how to improve it would be greatly appreciated.

On a side note:

I originally chose the theme of homelessness, because I know about homelessness, being homeless myself a couple of times in my life. I wanted to bring to light in a semi funny way, the issues that many homeless people face in the struggle to get back on their feet. I did not intend for this game to make fun of the homeless or any such thing (yes a friend of mine accused me of that when I was talking about the ideal at one point)

-James