New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
discochicken

Corrupted Game file?

Question

I went to open my game today to work on it, but it gave me an "unexpected file format" error message. I thought this was strange because it is the standard rmxp project file type, and I have been opening and editing the file for weeks. When I opened the playable game file, I got an error that the file ;cannot run on windows". Is the file corrupted (in which case I have to start over), or is there a way to fix the problem/recover my work?

post-28023-0-86677500-1432585294_thumb.jpg

post-28023-0-89137200-1432585298_thumb.jpg

7 answers to this question

One of the causes that I know is that it happens due the sudden termination of the program (can be caused by power failure, etc), when there's edit(s) being made on the RMXP editor.

Try creating a new project, and copy everything on data folder, and audio and graphics if necessary. Hope this solve your problem.

Oh man, I remember having this situation. It really sucked. :P Make sure you copied everything directly to the folders they're supposed to be in.

I think how I got around the map thing was I actually made new, blank maps? For every map that I had I created another map. So if you have 5 maps, I'd make 5 blank ones, then paste the data in, save, exit, go back in and check if they're there.

Luckily I only had 10 maps, it was the ton of eventing I had to save. ;n;

Edited by Kitsuki

Thanks for the clarification. everything is ok now

I take it it worked out for you? Awesome! Good luck with your game. ;)