New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
Gui

[Ace] Chronicles of the Crystal Wars (Demo)

Chronicles of the Crystal Wars

Screenshots and trailer

The official trailer is available on Youtube and on Dailymotion

COTCW_01_zps1kfeppdf.jpg

COTCW_02_zpshrxn0y76.jpg

COTCW_03_zpsiymoax6b.jpg

COTCW_04_zpsrje2jqvj.jpg

COTCW_05_zpsptp0ju2h.jpg

COTCW_06_zpsyv561ylm.jpg

COTCW_07_zpsh08a1tac.jpg

COTCW_08_zps5x7gcnor.jpg

Genre: Fantasy

Average Demo Time: around 2 hours

Story

Centuries ago, a magical plague known as the miasma appeared, which began to devour the surface of the world. Unable to restrain this scourge, the inhabitants of the surface used another form of magic to extract from the ground a giant island the size of a continent in order to dwell in the sky, where the miasma would never be able to reach them. But this celestial island wasn't big enough for everyone, and thousands were abandoned to the miasma...

Time passed. Through the fires of wars, a kingdom appeared on the flying continent, whose citizens had long forgotten the tragedy of the forced emigration of their ancestors but also the other one, even worse, of the people who stayed behind and had to face the miasma. And everyone lives as happily as possible in a human society.

But it is several years now that the flying continent seems to slowly sink into the Sea of Clouds upon which it is yet supposed to fly. And the nightmare of the miasma surfaces again in the collective memory...

Now, a hero has to go back to the surface below to find a way to revive the apparatus which allows the flying continent to remain above the clouds.

Characters

- King Cirrus: the ruler of the kingdom of Arcadia and a quiet man who seems unable to choose any course of action to save his people, so his citizens begin to question his authority and the social order slowly but surely begins to crumble.

- Honorius: the previous commander of the royal guard, recently retired, who kept many friends in the army like if he wants to secure his rear; some say the King kept him closer to him than his own friends, like a monarch is supposed to do with his enemies...

- Alasran: the junior son of Honorius, he's ready to anything to prove his worth to his father; he'll volunteer to scout the surface and, unvoluntarily, will trigger the events which will plunge the flying continent into chaos...

- Sirius: childhood friend of Alasran, he knows well Honorius' family; good-spirited, he's not naive for all that...

- Joseph: a soldier of the Arcadia army who makes up for his lack of experience with determination and strength.

- Annalys: member of the resistance against the Vulcania regime, this young warrior girl hides a dark secret.

- Evan: another resistant, who doesn't talk much and tends to impose silence with his sole, massive presence.

- Lyvi: although friendly and talkative, this young resistant is above all a skilled thief and assassin.

Credits

Enterbrain
Yanfly (Parallax Lock script, Event Chase Player script, Ace Battle Engine script, Command Autobattle script)
Yami (Overlay Mapping script)
Vlue / V. M. of D. T. (Basic Autosave script)
Soulpour777 (Gameover Commands script)
Galv (Region Effects script)
Modern algebra (Website Launch from Title script)
PandaMaru (sitting cat sprite + wolves battlers)
Matseb2611 (Death theme B-E.png tilesheet)
Tasharene (stormy sky photo)
SoundJay.com (footsteps sound effects)
FreeSound.org (pump sound effect)
D. C. Kairi Sawler (Yawning Sunlight & A Time Forgotten music tracks)
Aaron Spencer (Seeking Loot music track)
Incompetech.com (Take a Chance music track)
all other ressources used are by me and only me

Recruitment

I could use some help, so if you think you can provide any of the following services, feel free to contact me; for this project being commercial, I will share any income.

– Character Designer: you’ll be in charge of giving an aspect to every character which appears in the game, even briefly; although I use simple portraits in the demo, I’d like for the characters pics to be busts, and preferably with different facial expressions and body posings to match different circumstances and emotions.

– Proof Reader/Grammar Nazi: although I do my best to provide a satisfying english, this language is not my native one and there’s very probably far much more faults in the various dialogs than it should, so any help will be immensely appreciated.

– PR Guy: you know, the guy who will be keeping the followers in touch, in here but also on FB and Twitter as well as on IndieDB, and RMN too…

Features

- custom backgrounds, parallaxes and battle backs made with 3DS Max (see attached screenshots).
- magical or steampunk mechas  ^^
- heavily story driven game: for this RPG being essentially narrative, do not expect an open-world experience with plenty of side-quests like in Skyrim or a dungeon-crawler game such as Diablo. If you don’t like games where you have to follow some tracks, then –by all means– do NOT play it because it is not for you –you’ve been warned.

Download (333 Mb)

- from RMN

- from Mega

Following

Official Devblog

Facebook

Twitter

IndieDB

Steam Greenlight