New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.

Heretic's Vehicles XP
Authors: Heretic
Version: 1.0
Type: Custom Movement System

Introduction

This script allows you to use full XP RTP Style Vehicles in your game!  You have FULL CONTROL over where these Vehicles can move, their Size, Embark and Disembark, everything!  This script also contains two cubic craptons of features specifically designed for Vehicle Animations, such as Float, Sprite Offsets, Sprite Clipping, etc.

It is strongly recommended to fully examine the detailed Demo for more information.

(Recommended for Advanced Users ONLY!!!)

Features

• RPG Maker XP Style Vehicles
  • Boat and Magic Carpet
  • Vehicle related Effects
  • Vehicles can be Oversized so they collide from several tiles away
  • Who am I kidding?  Just grab the Demo already!

Screenshots

Boat at Sea
BoatAtSea.jpg

Caterpillar Boarding the Boat
BoatBoarding.jpg

Docking the Boat (uses Multiple Message Windows)
BoatDocking.jpg

Magic Carpet
MagicCarpet.jpg

Demo

http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php/topic,14998.0.html

This version of the Demo does not contain any Eventing to allow a Caterpillar to board a Vehicle, but the version contained within Heretic's Collection 2.0 does contain Eventing for Caterpillars.

Script

Available in the Demo.

Instructions

Place below Modular Passable (Required)
Place below Collision Optimizer (Optional)
Place below Loop Maps (Optional)
Place below Heretic's Caterpillar 2.0+ (Optional)

Required: Heretic's Restrict Tile Passages 1.0+

Recommended: Restrict Bush Passages 1.0+ (For Bush Effects simulating Water)

Compatibility

Not compatible with Titanic or the SS Minnow.  May capsize in heavy weather....

This script is fully compatible with all other Modular Passable scripts written by Heretic.

Credits and Thanks

• I'd like to thank Primus for Sailing the Seas of Cheese!
  • Thanks to Wecoc for the Vehicle Graphics

Author's Notes

This script requires Modular Passable and Restrict Tile Passages.

Restrict Tile Passages is the core of Vehicle Movement on normally Impassable Terrain such as water.

This script is strongly recommended for Advanced Users Only.

---

I'd love to have some Feedback on this script, or at least the Demo for it!  So what do you think?  Is this a good Vehicle System?  How does it stack up against other Vehicle Scripts out there for RPG Maker XP?  I tried a couple of other types of vehicles and was very disappointed.  Do you think this one does it better?  What could be improved?

Edited by Heretic86

Um...please don't just put links in your topic. If you want to leave or have a problem with the site, make a topic about it. (but we'll miss you if you leave.)

I'm not really noticing any kind of "google integration" actually...You mean the searching system? Because that does kind of suck.

Um...please don't just put links in your topic. If you want to leave or have a problem with the site, make a topic about it. (but we'll miss you if you leave.)

I'm not really noticing any kind of "google integration" actually...You mean the searching system? Because that does kind of suck.

You'd probably get a little irritated too after trying to post the same post six times.  The Google Im referring to is Google APIs.  Im no fan of Google due to their Privacy Invasive policies and wont use sites that rely so heavily on Google, which is probably the biggest reason I have not been active here in a very long time.  Due to this, I'll provide support over at chaos-project.com, but cant do so here due to Google APIs, which I doubt will change.

Enjoy the demo.

I know what you mean, sorry :/ 

If you block 'em you'll have all sorts of troubles using the site, but posting a topic should be fine... it shouldn't rely on any resources being pulled from Google. 

I actually intended to shut down this forum because we have the scripts section, but you won't be able to use it or more features on the site because I'm using jQuery from Google's CDN and every submission is done via JQuery. 

Im interested in supporting the RPG Maker community, not Google or the NSA, but since I cant post in that part of the site, feel free to post any of my scripts in the scripts sections.  The Legal that I wrote in for all the scripts allows for retransmission anywhere, and this is explicit permission being granted as well.  There is a TON of new stuff I was able to put up over at chaos-project.com in their RMXP scripts database, and you can put any / all of those up here.  The "Collection" also got a major update and covers all the new scripts, but people probably dont quite know what the new scripts are about.  Basically, all sorts of Effects, and absolutely TOTAL control over where every Event and Character can move, down to the Tile being customized for each Event.  You can make this NPC move only on road tiles, butterflies only on flower tiles, and fish only on water tiles, all on the same map.  Thats what enabled Vehicles to begin with.

But alas, the Scripts section works not for me.  That doesnt mean the community should suffer tho.