New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
Ultim1337Gamer

My life fell to rubble,and I built it back : The reason for my inactivity

Are you curious of why I was inactive for such a very long time? Well,IRL problems.

I tell you this because I trust you guys,it's like you're all bros and sisters to me...And I'm serious...

In the final days of my activity,I was busy with school stuff..And I had a girlfriend shortly after September,my life was happy,and great...

Until...The "incident" or more accurately,the "incidents"

My parents were separated

My brother went to another city to study

I was alone...

All I had was my desk,and my dear girlfriend,whose smile motivated me to try more and be patient...Until late February.

I was hit by a strange illness.I skipped school for 3 weeks while going from time to time to pickup some homework and do some lessons...In that period,while I was stuck in bed,my girlfriend met up with another guy who was...(sigh)...my best (male) friend.When I recovered in early March,I began to feel that she was ignoring me,talking and joking with him more...Is that what 9 months means to her ?!...I felt...weak and...then all I had now was my papers,my desk and my console.This month,she began to hate him,and turn to me more...And as he began to gain her interest,he tried in vain to impress...When I thought all hope was lost,my parents got back together,because of me...My brother visisted more often,because of me...And my "best friend" became cruel,and he started to disturb my ex gf by taking her school stuff and playing with it,and he's gone as far to impress her than showing his (inexistant) muscles and slamming her (female) friend without knowing that she was her friend...When he talks to her,she dumps him and turns to me...

I got my girlfriend back.

I recovered from a dangerous illness

I got my parents back together

I made my brother visit more often

...And that's how I rebuilt my life.

Thanks for reading

I been down that road multiple times...especially the GF part. Its hard when family splits up.... altho i cant relate to much because i never really had a dad. He raped my sister when i was 5 and ended up going to prison for 15 years so i cant relate to that. But my mom has been through like 5 boyfriends and we lived at their houses so i can relate to the break up part and having so sneak out of the house in the middle of the night so he doesn't start shooting or go into a psycho rage lol. So yea be glad your life is WAY better than what mine was when i was a kid...

Anyways glad you got your life back on track and hope it continues going well.

A little life tip for ya: Enjoy being a kid and enjoy school while you can. Trust me, as shitty as school and being a kid can be i really with i could go back in time and be a kid in school again. Kids are to much in a rush to grow up now days to start the endless cycle of death, work, sleep, eat, work, sleep, eat. So really try to learn all you can so you can get a job you will love and make that cycle a little more fun. No matter what people think of you in school just remember this. Usually the bullies are the ones who end up being your employees or not getting very far in life lol.

If you plan on going into game design and are really interested get into unity or some real engine besides rpg maker. Get into something with coding because no game company is going to hire you unless your good at art, music, modeling or coding.

Sorry for getting off topic. I thought it was relevant.

The most important thing is that now you've gained something that you'll never lose: A stronger You :)

@Polraudio : I started Unity tutorials and learned Ruby,Python and just started JavaScript because I LOVE game design.

@zahraa : That's...deep :D

Well it's great to have you back. I agree with Zahraa re:

The most important thing is that now you've gained something that you'll never lose: A stronger You :)

I have experienced something similar when I was teenager. Growing up generally your life and family are a constant, then suddenly when one or two leave or something bad happens (eg illness, separation), it feels like things aren't going to be the same and this seems to happen over night. It's a tough reality of life. It's great that you got all of things back together, but you should also be prepared for something similar to happen again.