New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
Ultim1337Gamer

GTA V PC (Thoughts ?)

Well,I was informed that the official GTA V release will be tommorow.

And the beast is 1080p 4K quality and weights a whopping 65 GB....

And the physical copy contains...(sigh)...7 installation discs.

That's a monster we got there!

Share your thoughts :3

the digital version is actually releasing in 5min. The physical version is releasing tmr. I ordered the physical version back in december and doubt it will be here tmr. I had to get the physical or else it will take a month to download the game with my shitty DSL. even if each disk took a full day to install it will still get done faster than downloading it lool.

I cant wait till it comes out because i been counting down every day. my specs should be good enough to run it on med-high, but we will see once it gets here.

EDIT: Available now!

I'd like this game but I got no money sadly. Bet it will be a few years till I actually will buy it.

Not even sure if it will be PC or PS3 but probably PC because that actually have moments it will be buyable lol.

And physical as well as I don't have the internet speed to actually get it digital. 

Aahh well, enjoy it I guess lol

Guess my physical copy will get here on Thursday. Sucks that i got to wait that long but on the plus side it is this week and all the MP problems will be solved by then.

Looks like its going to get here today. Looks like its coming from the walmart thats a few miles away. Shipped 3 hours ago and the delivery date is set for today lol. I also got to make an iso of every disk so i have a backup since my DVD drive is broken lol. Borrowing DVD drive FTW xd.

Tbh despite the filthy pirate I am, i would like to buy it. But at 92 nz bux, that's pricey, so if i buy it or not I'll probably dl the crack version first and see how it goes. I got a decent desktop but not sure how it'll run.

My dl speed is max 1mb/second which is good enough for 60gb. I already downloaded a 45gb game and only took a day or two.

EDIT

38a5086e7ec509112660834ca783d796.png

Say no more, fate

I tried the drivers for AMD that were made for GTAV and it actually made the game worse, so i had to downgrade my driver back to 14.12. Once i downgraded i was able to run the game with everything on max except the MSAA and textures on normal. Even knowing my computer can handle textures on max it cannot handle it when im flying lol.

Awesome thing is sites say i can only handle it on med-high but im able to run it on ultra/very high lol.

So far im really loving it. It really puts the console versions to shame.... Almost all games on consoles look like someone put the game through the grinder and smeared it all over the screen into a blurry mess.  First person mode is so awesome. First person mode + keyboard/mouse = noobs getting wrecked.

I transferred my character over from PS3 so im level 26 still with the best apartment and $700k to burn lol. But eh im not really into the whole online thing because none of my friends are rich enough to afford this game or they dont have a good enough PC.

My computer can handle any game, except when it fking crashes. Cannot seem to get past the Blue screens of death on this PC, never beat The Last Remnant because of this. But anyways on topic, don't think I'll be buying this game again since I've already beaten it on Xbox 360 (brothers copy) and I own my own copy on my PS4 so no need to buy a third copy for my PC. Saving my money instead for the new Dues Ex game coming out soon and anything else.

I never bought it twice, i only own 1 copy

Got mixed up re

I'll be buying this game again

Any which ways, I got the cracked version up and running on my rig. Really impressed so far. I'm pleased it's like the earlier games where you can just screw around and entertain yourself for ages :D I've done more messing than missions so far. Now I just gotta find time for it :/

Marked you seemed to have missed the "don't think" in front of that quote.

I got the cracked version yesterday and I don't think I'll be able to play it with this laptop. At least I didn't waste any money :P

The whole point of doing that was so I wouldn't lol.

Marked you seemed to have missed the "don't think" in front of that quote.

Lol, twice as well ^.^"

I got the cracked version yesterday and I don't think I'll be able to play it with this laptop. At least I didn't waste any money :P

The whole point of doing that was so I wouldn't lol.

Noice. I got it on Saturday, had extreme major fun times, then my computer crapped out and wouldn't start. I'm not sure if the two are related. I think there's some hardware software problems (as in the software that is for the hardware). Sigh. I got that bitch back up runnin' though and gona try GTAV again soon.

It also runs pretty good on my desktop, but my GPU has only got 1GB of memory T.T Though I did it for free like 4 years ago and it still goes good. I also have 16GB of ram so that's good

I have 8gb of RAM and 2gb of VRAM. I managed to make it actually playable, but the biggest problem could be the fact that I'm using a laptop lol.

How low are his settings and what are his specs? Because I'm running on all "normal" except for distance scaling and like...1024x720 resolution. Can't remember the resolution exactly, but it's something low lol

I'll receive it next week, And my laptop should run it otherwise I'll crash it into thousands pieces ^^

Yea integrated = shit. You are going to need at good dedicated GPU with at least 1.5gb of dedicated vram(not shared). Bob can just barely run it xd. If you want his laptop for comparison as a minimum here is his.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834232313

I'm guessing that Bob can run at 1280x720 @60FPS on low settings. This is why i don't often prefer to play on a Laptop a whole lot even though there's gaming laptops...the desktop PC will always get the job right.

If Bob's happy playing it in these settings then that's his thing.

Uh huh.... Of course desktops are always better. Laptops aren't really designed for gaming... It's like sailing a car. I know there are gaming laptops and you can make a buoyant car, but I mean you pay a shitload more for a shitload less. My GPU is 4 times thicker than modern lappies.

I don't really have a choice at this point though. I need to have a laptop for a couple reasons... I plan to get a desktop as soon as I can though.

As for what I run GTA on... can't tell the FPS, but all the settings are set as low as they can go except resolution (1024x768), reflections, shaders, and distance scaling. It runs pretty well 90% of the time and still looks good, but sometimes looks like crap lol.

I can live with it for now :P

I have 2gb of vram, but the game only notices 1.5 for some reason and constantly uses 70-100% of my CPU, but this laptop has a pretty good cooling system and has never gotten hot, even after playing Skyrim on almost max settings all day, which I was never able to do before...granted I probably didn't take very good care of my last laptop anyway, which is why the fan broke, leading to a series of very stupid things that caused me to need a new one...