New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
Kitsuki

Mogeko Games

I just finished playing another Mogeko game, and wow. I felt like I had to talk about these somewhere, or at least share them. These are RPG games, originally made in RM2000 by Deep Sea Prisoner/Mogeko. They were translated from Japanese by vgperson, I believe?

One I've played is The Gray Garden. Angels vs devils, but a very interesting plot and buildup... it's all cute at first, and then it gets screwed up in the second half. Not so bad, it still retains its adorable qualities.

But anywho, the one that made me want to post here. I just played Mogeko Castle. The first thing I want to say about this game is that it is screwed up. After finishing a ton of bad ends and the normal end, I think the entire thing was just to mess with my head. But now, in a strange way, I like it. More like like how screwed up it is, jfc. I don't know how I completed the entire game in one night.

It's like Corpse Party, bloody and gory and horrifying, but in the end it twists your mind too and you get used to it.

I do plan to play Wadanohara and the Great Blue Sea, which I heard is the most popular Mogeko game.

If anyone's played these games before, do leave me your opinions uwu but otherwise I'd like some game reccomendations! I've been playing mediocre fangames lately and do believe I need a proper horror RPG pick-me-up.

Like The Crooked Man, Ib... damn I miss those games. They bring on nostalgia :D

After I play mogeko castle, I want to have a bit of prosciuto myself. Haven't found out how it tasted yet.

Well, I've played a tons of horror RPG. But it's hard to pick one myself. What are you trying to getting at? Gameplay? Story? Screwed up? or something?

After I play mogeko castle, I want to have a bit of prosciuto myself. Haven't found out how it tasted yet.

Well, I've played a tons of horror RPG. But it's hard to pick one myself. What are you trying to getting at? Gameplay? Story? Screwed up? or something?

All praise be to Lord Prosciutto ;> That normal end screenshot though.

I assumed it tastes like ham, since it's basically just uncooked ham.

Hm, maybe story. Screwed up would be fine. Recently I played The Sandman, which had a pretty good story. I could go for something like that. (Still waiting on Uri to make The Boogey Man, or whichever the third game will be. :D)

Have you tried "The Witch House" (Or "Majo no Ie")? I'd reccomend that for the story, a twisted one.

Also "Misao" :) and try "Mad Father" if you like.

Beware that the three of them isn't some cute story like Sandmand. :)

To be honest, sandmand derives from horror genre into some story that's I think adorable. :p (You can call me weird :p )

Edited by black mage

Have you tried "The Witch House" (Or "Majo no Ie")? I'd reccomend that for the story, a twisted one.

Also "Misao" :) and try "Mad Father" if you like.

Beware that the three of them isn't some cute story like Sandmand. :)

To be honest, sandmand derives from horror genre into some story that's I think adorable. :P (You can call me weird :P )

Yep yep, played The Witch's House, Misao, Mad Father, Ib... I think I played a couple more, but I can't remember. :P

Ye, I'm playing Sandman right now and it just got cuter ;w;

Of those, I think I liked The Witch's House the most. ;)

There's AliceMare, also, Killer Bear. :)

The first one is focused on the story, and the second one is just a short game focused on some twist.

Alice Mare sounds interesting! I might check that out, then.

Finished Sandman, btw... that turned out to be a really adorable game. Not much like I expected it to be, with The Crooked Man and all, but I still enjoyed it a lot uwu

I have actually played all of the mogeko games... be careful with wadda, it gets screwy after the banquet.

post-28178-0-87918700-1427332957_thumb.png

I have actually played all of the mogeko games... be careful with wadda, it gets screwy after the banquet.

attachicon.giffukamiii.png

Ooh, ye, I heard that there was a warning for that. I'm going to try it out soon (already downloaded it)... knowing Mogeko, they've got a great story/a screwed-up twist prepared for us players.

Moved a few forums down to Video Games... could have also gone in general game dev discussion.

Ah, 'kay, thanks Marked! I've never really used the Cafe before, so I'll look carefully at all the subcategories next time!