New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
Bob423

I need someone to bounce ideas off of

My game is very story driven, so since I haven't been able to work on the game itself, I've been doing a lot of work on the story.

I've run into a problem, however. I've been finding it difficult to advance the plot without adding plot coupons like keys hidden in dungeons or objects required to upgrade a sword to its full power.

I tend to add things in just to make the story longer. Filler in a way I guess...

I think I haven't been spending enough time on the characters and have been telling myself I'll just work on character development later...

Part of what I want is for someone to tell me what's wrong with my story. Not their opinion, but what I need work on to make it better.

I definitely don't want someone to nitpick at every little thing they think is cliche.

I need someone who I can bounce ideas off of too instead of what I usually get with my friends, which is just giving them a link to a story summary or something and asking "what do you think?" To which they respond "awesome" or something along those lines.

I've tried to look up guides and things about writing stories, but everything is made to help people writing novels, which doesn't help at all 90% of the time.

I wouldn't mind trying to help. Unsure if I could be of much help as I only helped someone with their story once and that was also more a novel than a game I believe. I wouldn't mind trying. As it would also help my skills as a writer lol

I always like to help as much as I can, I'm not a professional writer so my advices may not be right but I'll be glad to share my experiences with you to improve your story :)

It's easier for me to use steam, so sorry Zahraa, I might not pm you :\

No problem bro, You're the one who is missing it anyways :P

If I could borrow Germany's Steam, I'd be all for it if you still need anyone ;D

I sometimes get ideas from just talking to people about it and after getting to a point I'm relatively happy with, I'm taking a break for now, but thanks anyway :D

All righty, that's okay ;D Let us know if you need someone to brainstorm with again!