New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.

I got an interesting Email Unity changed their payment plans and ToS alittle to compete with Unreal I guess Pro is now cloud and only 25$, I haven't read everything but it seems Unity intends to compete with Unreal, personally I may be misreading this but game engines are starting to become cheaper. Not that I want to use Cry Engine but it seems all I have to do is sit and wait to see if Cry Engine tries to compete as well I am like I said not gonna use Cry Engine my PC is already full of enough programs installed. What are your thoughts on the changes Unity 5 brings?

Thats not $25 and cloud lol. thats $25 a month for that feature. Scroll down to "Exclusive Unity Pro benefits"

http://unity3d.com/unity/professional-edition

They are trying to compete with unreal by letting you do monthly payments for PRO instead of 1 flat rate of $1500.

Also click here for what the cloud thing is. https://build.cloud.unity3d.com/

Personally i cant wait till unity 5 comes....even knowing i dont really have a use for many of those features.

Thats not $25 and cloud lol. thats $25 a month for that feature. Scroll down to "Exclusive Unity Pro benefits"

http://unity3d.com/unity/professional-edition

They are trying to compete with unreal by letting you do monthly payments for PRO instead of 1 flat rate of $1500.

Also click here for what the cloud thing is. https://build.cloud.unity3d.com/

Personally i cant wait till unity 5 comes....even knowing i dont really have a use for many of those features.

Unity 5 is already out....

OMFG how the hell did i miss this release. Usually unity tells me about updates when i launch it but this time it didnt. So downloading.

It's a bit harsh to say that Cryengine isn't trying to compete with Unreal and Unity. As they have been €10 (or something) a month for a long while now. Atleast since Unreal went subscription based a while back.

It's a bit harsh to say that Cryengine isn't trying to compete with Unreal and Unity. As they have been €10 (or something) a month for a long while now. Atleast since Unreal went subscription based a while back.

I see my bad I know very little about CryEngine >< I only been to their site once a long time ago

There are many different game engines, free or paid, They all offer the best game for the least amount of effort, although many don't realize the effort it takes in order to make a game with such high prestige, hence why there are whole company's working on a single game. (many of them make their own engine XD) Cry engine offers amazing graphics, however when you think of it you need to be a professional in visual arts 3d modeling and effects before you can make your own assets to stress the game engine with awesome looking effects and models.(of course you can pay to get assets but what is the use of that :P) 
ahh sorry if i went of topic a tad :3

There are many different game engines, free or paid, They all offer the best game for the least amount of effort, although many don't realize the effort it takes in order to make a game with such high prestige, hence why there are whole company's working on a single game. (many of them make their own engine XD) Cry engine offers amazing graphics, however when you think of it you need to be a professional in visual arts 3d modeling and effects before you can make your own assets to stress the game engine with awesome looking effects and models.(of course you can pay to get assets but what is the use of that :P) 

ahh sorry if i went of topic a tad :3

Personally Unreal Engine has better side scrolling support I might be better off with ARPGS on that and have my turn based on Unity,3Dmaker,and RMXP

Edited by GraveBusta

i think it really falls down to personal preference in which languages you prefer coding in, and to be honest it does save a ton of money/time to have a pre-made engine for a large project. personally i'm not interested in buying any of these...i need a car more than i do a pro version of a game engine.