New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
Polraudio

Basic RPG System?

Read text first xd  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Should I Make It?

• Yes
    • No
    • I dont really care for REAL game development
    • Im scared to learn coding
    • Yes but.....[reply below]
    • No but.....[reply below]
    • Im just voting because i can and dont care
    • Who needs coding when the future of game dev is codeless
    • Id rather have game creation handed to me on a silver platter

How many would be actually interested in a very simple/basic RPG system for Unity? By basic i mean i layout the very basics but if you want extra stuff you will have to code it yourself.

In order to understand how to even use some of the systems you WILL have to know programming. So don't expect this to be plug and play friendly or to have easy making of things like RPG Maker has. This will be for REAL game development and not kids toy development like rpg maker.

Sorry it it sounds harsh. I want people to understand this isnt going to be as easy as rpg maker to use. This is for people who have some understanding of code or are willing to learn.

The features i have so far:

*Add custom actors

*Add custom enemies

*Add random actors

*Add random enemies

*Unlimited actors/enemies

*Unlimited actors/enemies in battle

*Unlimited actors/enemies in the menu

Stuff i will never add(Subject to change if people want to help):

*Tile mapping

*World creation

*Anything related to world creation

*Default resource kit(you will only get the sample graphics that are in the project)

*Keyboard/Controller menu support

So far the menu system looks like this.

WTAS2h5.png

NOTE: This project may seem dead from time to time but it will be worked on if there's enough interest. I wont be able to work on it all the time due to me having my own game to work on. But i will upload the project source from time to time for people to checkout/help with if they want to.

NOTE2: It will be made with mouse in mind for the menus so if you want keyboard/controller support you will have to add it yourself.

This will work for both 3d and 2d. The battle system will be 2d based but easily changed to 3d if you know a little coding and a bit about unity. im not going to have animation or anything since this will be a very basic system. I want to keep it as basic as possible so people can easily add features they want. I may in the future once its done expand on it and add my own wanted features.

I voted yes. It would be a slightly different market than the RPG Maker people... A lot of people who find RPG Maker hard, even after a while, are a bit soft. But there are some very decent developers who use RM. I think the top tier of RM users will be interested in this but also a whole lot of non-RM users and more serious game developers.

It's a tough ask though. It's going to be a big project. Personally I'd love to see it go ahead, but I would imagine you would eventually need team members and/or crow

seems interesting tho i dont have Unity i hear it uses java script and C++? whats the extent of the java script ? like is it possible to make an entire game with only java script.

Yes you can make a full game with JS. My game mine clicker is purely JS. Everything you can do in C#(its not C+ or C++) you should be able to do in JS. I only use JS because my scripts are always shorter and easier to work with.

You can even use JS for one script and C# for another if you wish.

This RPG system will be purely JS.

I voted yes, this looks really interesting. I'm going to try to pick up Javascript during the summer, now that I have an incentive to learn it. I was never really sure what I would use JS for before, so I always shyed away from it. :P Now looks like I can actually use it for something!

Yeah Pol, i'd be interested in a rpg base, saves coding it myself lol

Its put on hold for now while i finish up Mine Clicker. Learned alot since i worked on this last. I was also working on a random item system where when you gain an item it will have random parts added to it(visually and stats). Ill also plan on making a complete custom weapon creation system where you can forge parts with various materials and combine whatever you want into whatever your making.