New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
madanchi

Unreal Engine 4

Does anyone here use it?

I'm developing a game on it but I've had to learn everything from scratch, I've never used any Unreal Engine before, and progress is steady. I'm getting to grips with Blueprints and starting to pull off some interesting concepts for games; I've been working on a small tranquil parkour inspired jump game, recreating old maps in superior graphics and developing my own game.

Thought it might be nice to share progress with others using UE4, share tips and help one another out.

Does anyone here use it?

I'm developing a game on it but I've had to learn everything from scratch, I've never used any Unreal Engine before, and progress is steady. I'm getting to grips with Blueprints and starting to pull off some interesting concepts for games; I've been working on a small tranquil parkour inspired jump game, recreating old maps in superior graphics and developing my own game.

Thought it might be nice to share progress with others using UE4, share tips and help one another out.

I have used UDK a tiny bit it's same thing almost but a free version until you want to release the game. Anyways yeah it would be nice to learn a few new tricks if you feel like sharing ^_^. I however feel I feel I should keep studying Unity awhile 1st. 

If i still had UDK on this pc id help but if you describe any issues i can try my best to help. tho my knowledge of it was based on my friends experience 

If i still had UDK on this pc id help but if you describe any issues i can try my best to help. tho my knowledge of it was based on my friends experience 

Currently do no have it either and I cannot download it due to broken internet. UDK is powerful,has a nice community,and the tutorials are far less of a maze to go through. People however told me to use Unity instead saying UDK was not for me because I want RPG scripts. Honestly with all this confusion I always end up jumping from one engine to the next, I know that RPG maker cannot solve my problem because the scripts for XP that have ABS installed are just as complicated as trying to use normal engine like Unity and UDK.

Edited by GraveBusta

Good to here it guys and as a side note which might be of extreme interest, earlier today an Epic announced that Unreal Engine 4 is now completely FREE! So anyone can go ahead, sign up and download for free, damn!

I still have yet to really give unreal a try. I been really into using unity lately. Infact the game i made in unity is up for sale :D

Good to here it guys and as a side note which might be of extreme interest, earlier today an Epic announced that Unreal Engine 4 is now completely FREE! So anyone can go ahead, sign up and download for free, damn!

Sounds interesting, I shall check but the only reason I could think they would make UE4 free is if they have not been making a profit off of selling subscriptions and are about to remove UDK and focus entirely on Pay to Release rather then Pay to Develop,or UE5 is coming and they plan to replace UDK with UE4. I am very curious about this and I wish to see for myself.

They've had high number of sales with their $19 per month deal and that's why they've made it free but they're keeping the 5% royalties once your game makes over $3000 per quarter per product. So all is good :)

@Pol what's the name? :D

They've had high number of sales with their $19 per month deal and that's why they've made it free but they're keeping the 5% royalties once your game makes over $3000 per quarter per product. So all is good :)

@Pol what's the name? :D

Its mine clicker. http://www.mineclicker.net/

Unity only requires you to buy unity if you make over $100,000. They dont take any royalties no matter how much you make. Wish i didnt have slow internet...taking forever to get UDK lol.

Its mine clicker. http://www.mineclicker.net/

Unity only requires you to buy unity if you make over $100,000. They dont take any royalties no matter how much you make. Wish i didnt have slow internet...taking forever to get UDK lol.

whats your speed? Mine is 50kbs now due to being broken, and Unreal Engine to me they do not seem to bad 5% rate(excluding royalties but that is not an issues for me I won't be making near enough money to hit their royalty fee zone) it's not bad for the engine I mean it is simple and powerful and really love the community behind it but then again its been a long time since I last checked the community and most communities get nasty after so long like milk set out to sour depending on what the community is. This place is really nice and so is rpgmakerwebs forums so its not like all communities get bad but elsword and minecraft got bad fast ><

Edited by GraveBusta