New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
GraveBusta

price check on skype/web live classes

Some people like me who have been trying endlessly to learn how to use Unity or even program alone for the past year and a half might be about to give up on self learning, I was wondering if maybe there should be a pay per class section for those who just utterly fail at self teaching and need help as to how to use an engine or learn to program.

Well, Although learning though your own accord is by far the best way to learn, I do understand why you would want this service. This forum tries to offer the best learning assets (though tutorials and resources) but this is the best we as a community can provide.

Ultimately none of us are "qualified" to teach others, hence why we help each other, learning a skill is picked up along the way. I would offer my assistance to assist you and your learning of a program, although, I am not skilled to a point of qualified teaching, (This is the case for lots of members).

I think that teaching should be free, as paying for "in experienced" and "unqualified" people to teach you doesn't seem quite right. (I'm sure there is other services that would)

If you do need help with unity/javascript don't hesitate to ask me for help, I'll gladly lend you my knowledge. :3 Never give up. 

You need to know how to think logically to even get into coding. Coding is all about logic.

If this happens

do this thing

that's the basics of coding. In JS/Unityscript its very very simple to do an if

if(GraveBustaPostCount >= 37){
    print("His number of posts is greater or equal to 37")
}

We can also do an else for if it doesnt meet the requirements of above

}else{
    print("Post requirement not met")
}

can also do 2 if's using &&

if(GraveBustaPostCount >= 37 && GraveBustaPoints >= 100){
    print("His number of posts is greater or equal to 37 and points are greater or equal to 100")
}else{
    print("Both requirements not met")
}

Very basic coding and you will be doing that kind of stuff LOTS! I can help out with unity but only if you show me you are willing and trying to learn.

Id highly suggest starting with GUI since it will be used alot and will be good for learning. Its where i started to learn how to code. This link is all i used to get started. http://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/gui-Basics.html just make sure when you test your code that your script is attached to a game object. If you have any questions please post in the unity section. http://www.gdunlimited.net/forums/forum/92-unity/ But i want to see at least some work before i help(you dont even have to read the stuff in that link, if your good at learning from examples this will be very easy for you).

Its alot easier learning from nothing than trying to learn from lots of stuff like RGSS.

You need to know how to think logically to even get into coding. Coding is all about logic.

If this happens

do this thing

that's the basics of coding. In JS/Unityscript its very very simple to do an if

}

We can also do an else for if it doesnt meet the requirements of above

}else{
    print("Post requirement not met")
}

can also do 2 if's using &&

if(GraveBustaPostCount >= 37 && GraveBustaPoints >= 100){
    print("His number of posts is greater or equal to 37 and points are greater or equal to 100")
}else{
    print("Both requirements not met")
}

Very basic coding and you will be doing that kind of stuff LOTS! I can help out with unity but only if you show me you are willing and trying to learn.

Id highly suggest starting with GUI since it will be used alot and will be good for learning. Its where i started to learn how to code. This link is all i used to get started. http://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/gui-Basics.html just make sure when you test your code that your script is attached to a game object. If you have any questions please post in the unity section. http://www.gdunlimited.net/forums/forum/92-unity/ But i want to see at least some work before i help(you dont even have to read the stuff in that link, if your good at learning from examples this will be very easy for you).

Its alot easier learning from nothing than trying to learn from lots of stuff like RGSS.

Huh you sure this is programming,or is this just an example?

Huh you sure this is programming,or is this just an example?

It's An example of Unity JavaScript (which is a programming language) using the if statement. so really its both and example, and is programming XD.

ps. programming is coding, coding is programming, whichever you you prefer.

Can you understand this code??

var number = 10;

if (number == 10){
   print('hello');
}

If you cannot I'll explain it in detail with a reply. ( I sure hope you know this)

It's An example of Unity JavaScript (which is a programming language) using the if statement. so really its both and example, and is programming XD.

ps. programming is coding, coding is programming, whichever you you prefer.

Can you understand this code??

var number = 10;

if (number == 10){
   print('hello');
}

If you cannot I'll explain it in detail with a reply. ( I sure hope you know this)

it is saying if the number = 10 to say hello in the console, 

var= variable 

var number = 10; is not good practice. when you define a variable do it like this.

var number : int = 10;

its best to define a type so it doesnt have to guess what type it is. in some cases you will want your number to go above 2,147,483,647 so you would want the number to be a double instead of an int and if you didnt define it and just used var number = 10, i will most likely make it an int and an int cant go past 2.14 billion.

I think i may work on a noob friendly GUI tutorial that will also go over some basics of coding and what you should/shouldnt do.

var number = 10; is not good practice. when you define a variable do it like this.

var number : int = 10;

its best to define a type so it doesnt have to guess what type it is. in some cases you will want your number to go above 2,147,483,647 so you would want the number to be a double instead of an int and if you didnt define it and just used var number = 10, i will most likely make it an int and an int cant go past 2.14 billion.

I think i may work on a noob friendly GUI tutorial that will also go over some basics of coding and what you should/shouldnt do.

That would be amazing! I also got a beginning programming for dummies today,hopefully that will help as well ><

I'm a self taught web developer, i also have a double degree double major in unrelated things, quite diverse learning experiences. The fact you're reading coding for dummies makes it seem like you're on the wrong path.

To learn, you need to get the ball rolling and start building a working project. You just haven't discovered the correct learning sources yet.

Post here the best unity tuts you've found so far.

you could try code academy once you understand basic logic in coding languages such as ruby lua js and html are really easy to learn.

http://www.codecademy.com/

From my experience code academy trys to be as simple as a how to for dummies book so you shouldent have any issues getting a grasp on anything .

Edited by blademan729

you could try code academy once you understand basic logic in coding languages such as ruby lua js and html are really easy to learn.

http://www.codecademy.com/

From my experience code academy trys to be as simple as a how to for dummies book so you shouldent have any issues getting a grasp on anything .

ill keep that in mind, this book offers c++ but not ruby and that site offers ruby but not c++ both references would be a nice source

Id say your best bet is to start with JS since its easy to learn. But no worries im going to try to make some tutorials that are very nooby friendly here. Im currently working on a GUI Tutorial that will help you get the basics of coding down. Once you learn the basics of unity GUI you will know how to do almost anything with coding....with the only limitation being how you think. I got bob and flesh started and they are doing very well in unity now.

Id say your best bet is to start with JS since its easy to learn. But no worries im going to try to make some tutorials that are very nooby friendly here. Im currently working on a GUI Tutorial that will help you get the basics of coding down. Once you learn the basics of unity GUI you will know how to do almost anything with coding....with the only limitation being how you think. I got bob and flesh started and they are doing very well in unity now.

Js, you can find that on codeacademy. Really I bought this book I could barely afford I wanna read it before I toss it off as useless. The only issue with this book is the tools you need are not included, I have to download visual studio to even do half the exorcises and guess what on my broken internet speed this week I only have 40kbs  so I am gonna be at this all week long and regardless codeacademy won't load because my speed so low +_+ 

I enjoy programming and building stuff, but when I had the idea to learn and just read up on how to code, I didn't get too far and I think a lot of people are like that. Even in university you'd build projects, albeit with some ground work. If you try to learn without a context, you'll have a new hobby by next week.

http://gamedevelopment.tutsplus.com/