New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
GraveBusta

Windows 10 technical preview pro?

I have windows 8.1 pro (no going into details on how legit it is) and I am updating to technical windows 10 preview >< is there anything I should be worried about?

A few things. Some drivers might not be updated or might not work for windows 10. Some examples are my Razer Deathstalker Ultimate, the Switchblade UI doesnt work. Some people were having troubles getting AMD drivers to work.

Some personal info may end up on microsofts servers since they are collecting data in the preview.

Don't have internet on at all when installing the OS because you will be forced to use a microsoft account.

TBH i would at all till the actual release.

If you have already downloaded and installed the Windows 10 Technical Preview for Enterprise on your PC, you will have plenty of time to test it out. Microsoft has revealed that the preview build won't expire until April 15, 2015.

Its only worth checking out, not worth using as a main OS till full release.

Personally id stick with windows 8.1 because you will have far less problems(if any at all).

A few things. Some drivers might not be updated or might not work for windows 10. Some examples are my Razer Deathstalker Ultimate, the Switchblade UI doesnt work. Some people were having troubles getting AMD drivers to work.

Some personal info may end up on microsofts servers since they are collecting data in the preview.

Don't have internet on at all when installing the OS because you will be forced to use a microsoft account.

TBH i would at all till the actual release.

Its only worth checking out, not worth using as a main OS till full release.

Personally id stick with windows 8.1 because you will have far less problems(if any at all).

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04108287

That is my PC, it's not too late to cancel if you think this will hurt me based on the specs I gave you please let me know in case.

Specs isnt the issue lol. If anything windows 10 seems like it takes less than 8.1, and 8.1 takes even less than windows 7. so just stick with 8.1 till the full release of 10. you might be excited to go to windows 10 but it isnt ready yet.

I am currently using windows 10 Technical preview on my school laptop, so far, It runs amazing with no bugs, (except for the new stuff sometimes eg. cortana WHICH IS IN ALPHA so that's expected ) Aside from that it runs just like windows 8.1. The new search feature is by far the best, worth upgrading just for that ease of use XD. Upgrading to 10 is free, and its not likely that microsoft will get on your back about having a non legit version of 8.1 (if you install with the .iso) 

All of my programs work flawlessly on windows 10 as they did on windows 8.1. That i know (its been 3 weeks).

One thing to take notice off is the constant updates (once per night sometimes) which can get annoying, you need to save every time you close your laptop screen. Also during the install process it took my computer 5 hours to completely download and install windows 10 (though the update system).  And to say the least my computer is not low spec. Although I lost no data what so ever, (I did make backups just in case). 

So my verdict of trying it out is very much yes! From what i have experienced it is a great step forward by Microsoft I cannot wait until all the features of windows 10 slowly are released over time.

I am currently using windows 10 Technical preview on my school laptop, so far, It runs amazing with no bugs, (except for the new stuff sometimes eg. cortana WHICH IS IN ALPHA so that's expected ) Aside from that it runs just like windows 8.1. The new search feature is by far the best, worth upgrading just for that ease of use XD. Upgrading to 10 is free, and its not likely that microsoft will get on your back about having a non legit version of 8.1 (if you install with the .iso) 

All of my programs work flawlessly on windows 10 as they did on windows 8.1. That i know (its been 3 weeks).

One thing to take notice off is the constant updates (once per night sometimes) which can get annoying, you need to save every time you close your laptop screen. Also during the install process it took my computer 5 hours to completely download and install windows 10 (though the update system).  And to say the least my computer is not low spec. Although I lost no data what so ever, (I did make backups just in case). 

So my verdict of trying it out is very much yes! From what i have experienced it is a great step forward by Microsoft I cannot wait until all the features of windows 10 slowly are released over time.

Then I guess it is good I cancelled I was using kmspico cracked 8.1 pro with windows update

Xbox is dead, literally dead windows 10 has full xbox support for both Xbox One and 360 >< and plus windows gets Xbox Live free only to piss console fanboys more damn..... I am glad I stuck with what benefits me most and does the tasks I need then join the Xbox club PCs really are the future with it I can do even more then just game.

Edited by GraveBusta

Xbox is dead, literally dead windows 10 has full xbox support for both Xbox One and 360 >< and plus windows gets Xbox Live free only to piss console fanboys more damn..... I am glad I stuck with what benefits me most and does the tasks I need then join the Xbox club PCs really are the future with it I can do even more then just game.

There is always room for consoles, cus gamers man, however pc will always win in the utility department, nothing compares. 

PC MASTER RACE :3 

Edited by drago2308

There is always room for consoles, cus gamers man, however pc will always win in the utility department, nothing compares. 

PC MASTER RACE :3 

Have to agree with consoles even if Xbox goes play station and nintendo will not be affected

I think it's hard to compare consoles and PC's. Yeah sure they do somewhat the same these days but the main focus of Consoles is mostly "Games". The main focus of the PC isn't technically "Games". It certainly didn't had that in mind when they made it I reckon. Hence why I find the "PC Master Race" thing utterly shiite.

Ooohh and I think that if XBox would go away, playstation would be affected. In either a good or bad way. Nintendo, probably not as much. But doubtful that xbox will go away soon.

I reckon this is actually somwhat off topic so to go more on-topic:

I really like Windows 10, I have it on my notebook, however, the lastest build bricks everything DirectX related so I had to roll back to play games with friends.

But furthermore, I like it. It worked quite smoothly.

Additionally, if you have Windows 7 or 8, you'll be able to upgrade to Windows 10 for free. However, as you have a cracked one, it wouldn't matter much to you.

Technically Speaking, Windows 10 TP is released for BETA testing and future preview. I recommend not to use Win10 as your main OS, but you can use it via dual booting. Have you tried installing new programs such as Avast! Anti-Virus ... I tested it and voila! Not-Compatible ...

So stay put to WIndows 8.1