New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
Kailia

[XP] Looking for english version of script

XASABS, moghunter I think is the main one who updates and translates now but I prefer this site https://xasabs.wordpress.com/ the site is abandoned but the scripts work just fine. Also careful ABS scripts are far more challenging to use then most battle scripts.

XASABS, moghunter I think is the main one who updates and translates now but I prefer this site https://xasabs.wordpress.com/ the site is abandoned but the scripts work just fine. Also careful ABS scripts are far more challenging to use then most battle scripts.

Oh? Well what I am wanting is something that has on map combat. Because many of the sprites I am using, don't have a battler. And I am going to want to have them as enemies to kill. You got any suggestions for that?

Oh? Well what I am wanting is something that has on map combat. Because many of the sprites I am using, don't have a battler. And I am going to want to have them as enemies to kill. You got any suggestions for that?

You need a special sprite sheet and those are hard to get, there is a few animated sprite sheets here and there but they are really rare,also getting a clean sprite sheet to use as a template is even harder. I am not in remotely pro to ABS scripts but I do know that default XP sprites can cause derpy looking issues.If you want english I recommend xasabs site I gave,if you want a more simple up to date abs script go to the official Jp site. I am sorry I could not help with the sprite issues.

Edited by GraveBusta

You need a special sprite sheet and those are hard to get, there is a few animated sprite sheets here and there but they are really rare,also getting a clean sprite sheet to use as a template is even harder. I am not in remotely pro to ABS scripts but I do know that default XP sprites can cause derpy looking issues.If you want english I recommend xasabs site I gave,if you want a more simple up to date abs script go to the official Jp site. I am sorry I could not help with the sprite issues.

Ah I see, well the up side, this particular script came with the sprite I need. I am basically using RTP for this game. But I will look at the xas one

Good luck if you ever succeed let me know, I have a hard time tracking resources for ABS scripts and that makes it discouraging to even use RPG Maker anymore I do plan to someday keep my promise and make a game with RMXP but the way things are with little resources and the over priced RMVX Ace I can't do it. I can hardly afford what I got now and they want close to 70$ for an engine that does the same thing as RMXP but with different resources and default scripts installed. People only want to give or update resources for RMVX Ace I have no idea why but hey that is my opinion on the matter.

Good luck if you ever succeed let me know, I have a hard time tracking resources for ABS scripts and that makes it discouraging to even use RPG Maker anymore I do plan to someday keep my promise and make a game with RMXP but the way things are with little resources and the over priced RMVX Ace I can't do it. I can hardly afford what I got now and they want close to 70$ for an engine that does the same thing as RMXP but with different resources and default scripts installed. People only want to give or update resources for RMVX Ace I have no idea why but hey that is my opinion on the matter.

I see. Dunno I am gonna re-look at what I got planned, and might change from what I was going to do, to something simpler. Maybe even just stick with the default battle engine, and make a series. This one using XP, next one using VX, and I do own Ace, so that might end up being my end engine. I will have to look at what I want to do though, but there's definitely a couple scripts I'd like to run that I already have.

Use google translate and the find feature. Search your way through the scripts and change the text you need to be in English. Not to hard. Just takes a little reading. Usually when you see something in quotes inside a script it means its a String, aka what you see not in English. Not to be rude but you shouldn't be trying to add scripts if your scared to edit them a little :P. You will need to learn about code sooner or later.

Use google translate and the find feature. Search your way through the scripts and change the text you need to be in English. Not to hard. Just takes a little reading. Usually when you see something in quotes inside a script it means its a String, aka what you see not in English. Not to be rude but you shouldn't be trying to add scripts if your scared to edit them a little :P. You will need to learn about code sooner or later.

Not to mention that having to look through the script and translate the important bits will help you orient yourself with the script and how it works, too. When you find a script, it's pretty helpful to look through all the comments and different sections and such ;D Will be extremely helpful if you're using that script a lot in the future.

speaking of learning about code, Pol, know any good places to learn RGSS? I've been trying from several tutorials, but it's shooting way over my head :P

I am too stupid for self teaching I tried following the steps her given to me with the GUI and still felt confused like it was going back and forth too much in the manual xD

speaking of learning about code, Pol, know any good places to learn RGSS? I've been trying from several tutorials, but it's shooting way over my head :P

Best way to learn is to make edits till you learn it. I started by adding the gold and steps window to the scene_end. Its best to start with GUI.

Best way to learn is to make edits till you learn it. I started by adding the gold and steps window to the scene_end. Its best to start with GUI.

All righty, thanks, Pol ;) Also using some of Leon's tutorials, and they're pretty great as well. I was looking at Dubleax's tutorials earlier, but I think Leon's structured it in a way that's easier for my brain to handle. Pft.

tbh I've been making small edits for a while, but doesn't seem to be helping me in structuring any scripts of my own. Maybe I should be making larger ones and taking more time to understand it. :P