New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
SailorMedamonGirl1

Looking for tiles!

Specifically, I want bloody/dirty/torn tiles as well as some dead people sprites. If someone can, I want some hospital/school tiles done in this style as well. Oh, and maybe some shadow monsters too....

But other than that, I guess I would want any kind of tiles for XP.  :annoyed:

I don't have any resources from other sites I can give, but Kitsuki and I have gotten along fine making our game with mostly RTP. I can at least give a couple tips.

Adding screen tint helps a lot to make the atmosphere darker. We've edited some blood in (for one of our past projects--not sure if I still have the bloodied tiles now). We made most of the edited tiles using MS Paint, although I wouldn't recommend that especially because of its occasional problems with transparency. Not to mention we used a lot of references to create our own sprites.

Takes a long time, but it's worth it.

I know Corpse Party had some school things, but I'm not sure if they've been posted or if they're compatible with RMXP. We've used a lot of screenshots as references to make our own things.

Umm, i think you can find good stuff if you search in google image. I found some but I'm not able to send them for some reasons. Also there are very good bloody tiles and hospital tiles for RMVX but I guess you can use them if you make them work with RMXP.  Zanyzora has some useful tiles too. And don't be afraid of getting your hands dirtier and editing tiles yourself, just like Germany said it takes time but it's worth it. btw I use photoshop to edit tiles and I like the result.

Oh right. Photoshop is good--I think I have CS6, and that's been pretty good for fixing transparency and working with sprites without the limitations of MS Paint.

The information about spriting might seem inconsequential to you now, but if you're planning to make big projects with XP in the future, you're going to need some of those editing skills yourself.

Weren't there some bloody hospital tiles rearranged for XP? Like Zahraa said, a quick Google Images search will bring up some of that. About Zanyzora, I had heard that some people in the past have complained about their style clashing with other tiles? I'm not certain how it is now, but just mentioning.