New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
Polraudio

Management Mode Concept...so far

This isnt a game nor will be, it will be a mode in my mine clicker game. This is by far not complete in any way or even close.

If you wish to check it out please do as the link is below.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/dewh4ytdihe50h3/ManagementModeConcept.rar

I have tons more planned. The ability to hire workers and see them working. Skills will be Mining, Smithing, Crafting, Farming, Hunting, Woodcutting, Accounting(Maybe), and Management(For workers and not you). You will be able to build buildings on hot spots to further increase your capacity to do stuff, store items.....so yea thats not even everything thats planned.

Enjoy and comment what you think of this very early concept, expect bugs.

... Finally someone who understands that, the player being the only one in the entire game who does anything of consequence is a stupid idea.

But why are you limiting the concept so much? Why not a generic management script, where you can start any form of organization for any sort of purpose?

My end goal for the game is to be almost like a medieval village/company sim except it will be in first person instead of playing god. You dont play god, you play as a normal person just working his/her ass off. Every worker will have skills that levelup and if they dont have the level requirement to do something, they cant do it. Every worker will also have to be kept happy, be paid, fed, have a place to sleep, and they can die if not taken care of. They may even get angry and quit. So if you only have one miner that can mine lets say addy, they quit, and you dont have the level to mine it, it kind of sets you back.

Since your in first person you can see everything grow before your eyes and actually live it. Interaction i plan on making it as real as i can. I want to minimize using menus for anything. So in order to hire people you will look in a book thats on the table and actually interact with that book in the real world instead of a menu poping up. In order to see how many items you have you will have to walk over to the storage building to see how many of something you have on hand. going to be a complex game but i want the player to feel like they are actually living in it.

I fully support the idea, I even think it's a bit humble. Why village, why not the world? ;)

I do wonder however, do you have any idea how much system resources would such a game require? Granted I'm not all that skilled, I've come to the personal conclusion that it's impossible to make a particularly realistic game. Not with the currently existing hardware, or at least not by stuffing the entire load on a single machine.

So on that remark I'd urge you,  especially now that you are still early in development, to go multiplayer oriented.

Oh, yeah. Please keep the graphic quality down. "Fantastic"? What are you trying to do, retire my 10 years old pc? No performance issues so far though.

In any case, you may wanna know that there's something wrong with the rendering of the information panels.

... I mean you are probably gonna remove them completely eventually. But for some reason when you look at them from the left, under just the proper angle they go blank. But they aren't disappearing, they get that strange effect when two surfaces overlap, and the program renders them clipping trough one another at random. I don't know why it only happens at that angle though.

Yea info panels are the newest stuff i ever played with. Those will be phased out. As for the graphic quality. im not going to go to crazy. mostly what you see is the style im aiming for. right now everything you see barely uses any verts and tris. if anything everything in the entire world right now combined uses the same amount of verts and tris as 25% of 1 object in most modern games. So when its finished it should run good on most computers. There will be more quality settings so no worries there.