New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
GermanyXItaly1000

Using Videos in RMXP

I felt that I wanted to discuss this with someone other than Kitsuki. Not that she didn't present good enough discussion for it--just that I wanted others' opinions.

We have, for a while, been considering using videos in our RMXP game. We've had some talk over it, and we've agreed that there are a great number of cons. I'm sure they outnumber the pros.

For one, the game will not function on everyone's system. This is something I'm sure will be a problem if some people don't have a certain codec (I think that's what it's called) installed--and if they have to go through the trouble of installing that codec, depending on how much they actually want to play the game... if they're lazy like Kitsuki then they might just decide not to play the game at all.

The addition of videos to our game would actually add some substance to it. The only problem is implementing them. We've been looking at Zeus's Video Player, but we're not sure if we actually want to use it. I don't have the words on hand to describe what I think of using it right now, but all I can say is I know it'd be a real hassle. 

Therefore I've decided I'm against using them, but I figured if anyone wanted to spark discussion, it wouldn't hurt.

I know videos have been covered at length by RMXP users. I've found a large number of threads online and a few scripts as well. This is probably beating a dead horse, but then again RMVX Ace has a video player (at least I think it does).

... If I just learnt to program and made something more versatile like Corpse Party that would support itself, this would be much easier.

Edited by GermanyXItaly1000