New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
tlbearer

Suikoden Ace

8GME1nh_zpsbf380692.png

Story:

This game takes place 10 years after Suikoden III and takes place in Harmonia. Sasari has decided that he is tired of seeing non-humans treated as if they are not people and is taking the fight to the government. He was slowly forming a rebel army that the Hero comes into after her father is killed. She decides to join the rebel army because her best friend and bodyguard is a kobold. Not long after she joins the army, Sasari is killed by an assassin and she takes over his army and starts to pursue the True Circle Rune that Hikusaak is believed to have. She also knows that they will need a new base of operations and more members and she starts with that.

Features:
-108 characters, each different in there own way
-Turn-by-turn battle system
-War System
-Headquaters that upgrades as you get more people and certain people
-Blacksmith
-Many different types of shops
-6 member party
-Made with RPG Maker VX Ace
-More feature to be annouced...

Characters:

Cara_zps5ccdf768.png

Cara: The young daughter of an aristocrat of Harmonia. Her family, slaves and servants included, live in the capital Crystal Valley. She never goes anywhere without her bodyguard kobold, Geni. She also believes that everyone should be treated the same and have the same right, no matter their race.

Screen Shots:

Less screen shots, but these are updated ones. I want you all to explore and see the others as not all of the maps are here anymore. Also the maps are bigger now, so more to explore and such.

Crystal Valley:

(This is 1/2 the actual size of the map.)

crystal%20valley.png

Market Place:

marketplace.png

Slave Market:

slave%20market.png

Cara's House:

Outside:

​caras%20house.png

Inside:

Entrance/Kitchen:

kitchen.png

Bedrooms:

upstairs.png

Slave Quarters:

slave%20quaters.png

Study:

study.png

Save Screen:

savescreen_zps3ffcb8ec.png

Demo: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ags9sk4b8wl9iz6/Suikoden%20Scripts%281%29.exe?dl=0

Credits:

(Some of these people are from different forums.)

Scripts compiled by Lucofthewind
Scripts made by the following lovely people:
Estriole, V.M of D.T, regendo, GubiD, Yanfly , Galv,
Kread-EX, Fomar0153, Mr. Bubble, Tsukihime, Tidloc,
TheoAllen, richter_h, modern algebra,  Jet10985,
AdiktuzMiko, Moghunter, MakoInfused,
DiamondandPlatinum3, Yami, Khas Arcthunder,
KilloZapit, Mithran

Title Screen by kire
Story by tlbearer
MP Level by Victor
Characters by tlbearer, Alsojames

Character Artwork by Kitsuki
Maps by tlbearer,Lucofthewind

Faceset Edits by Ms Littlefish

​

Still In Need:

Character Artist(s), Sprite Artist(s), Musicain(s), and anyone willing to help with the project.

Edited by tlbearer

War System? Sounds badass. How does it work?

Also, I know you may not want to spoil the story but what is the True Circle Rune? And who is Hikusaak? The synopsis above is a bit vague on them.

I'm liking the story, though. It seems to have a lot of potential.

If you should need any assistance throughout development, any of us would be glad to help!

If I may also give some advice on your maps.

I like their structure so far but you should consider adding some "clutter" to the interior maps. Not so much that the player can't move but not so little that the maps look empty. Maybe some miscellaneous objects here and there. The exterior maps are nice too but remember that it's nature and not everything has to be symmetrical even if they are man-made. Things wither away. Here are some great examples:

vxmap1mp8.png

air_paradise___rmvx_map_by_matsumatsu-d3

AlmaPass3.png

towerscreenie_by_humanninja-d6bd246.png

yzebd.jpg

VGSwq.png

Thanks rgangsta for the advice, but I'm also looking for mapper(s) because I'm not the best at mapping.

The demo for this game will be out later this week providing I don't screw something up.

The demo is up. It should run without any bugs or errors. If you encounter one pleae let us know. Also any and all feedback is welcome.

I was wondering how many of you would be interesting in me converting to MV? And would anyone be willing to help be with the scripting?

I think your mapping is fine.

But I also wonder if you intend to retain things like the MP system and such?

I wish their were most custom graphics so it feels more Suikoden-esqe. But I'm relating it more towards Suiko 1 & 2.
I hate you Konami.. I hate you so much...

I think your mapping is fine.

But I also wonder if you intend to retain things like the MP system and such?

I wish their were most custom graphics so it feels more Suikoden-esqe. But I'm relating it more towards Suiko 1 & 2.

I hate you Konami.. I hate you so much...

I would wish to retain everything if I convert it to MV. I hate Konami as well for not continuing the series.

This project is on hold for the time being as I finish up Demon Seals and begin converting Of Man and Machine.