New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
FleshRenderStudios

(RMVXA) Sands of the Arena

Sands of the Arena

Hey guys and gal's i just wanted to introduce my project, The original idea for this game has been submitted in the games section for quite some time but it died middle of last year after I lost my 3rd writer but it is back from the depth's of hell one again rebirn anew and full of life so allow  me hance to explain the premiseand give you a prologue.

Character's:

Marcus Alder (Main Character)

•  

• Has the power of Illuminate(s)
  • 15 at start of game.
  • Male

• No voice yet

Lady Celine Alder (Marcus Alder's Mother)

•  
  • Haunts MARCUS in his dreams from her suicide

• Female

• No voice yet

Lord Richard Alder (Father of Marcus Alder)

•  
  • Male

• Sends Celine and Marcus to secure a new trade route with Wolfskull

• Lord of the Radash Plains

• No voice yet

Kristy Wells (Street Orphan/Thief/Potential Love Interest)

Brodan (Clan Wolfskull Cub)

•  

• Bit of a round young lad who trains with Sykes
  • 16 ½
  • Male

• No voice yet

Sykes (Clan WolfSkull Cub)

•  

• A thief who has a crush on Kristy. Trains with MARCUS and Brodan.
  • Male

• Voiced by Keaton Bogle

Judo Graves (Clan WolfSkull Leader)

Dinas The Hunter Spikemane (The Blade of WolfSkull (Champion))

•  

• The Current holding Blade of Wolfskull. The highest honor possible within a Clan.

• Voice acting in progress

David DuMont (Monk/Priest of Ancient Times)

•  

• A ancient and evil Monk who sets forth the Shade into the living world.
  • Unknown
  • Not Human

• not voiced yet

The Thirteen Council Members

• Letro Mortite
  • Sabian Gray
  • Jain Farsheath
  • Camilla Honestheart (The Uncorrupted)
  • Uion ZieMarcus
  • Atrez Holomatin
  • Largo Symphona
  • Daaruk Sin
  • Kelko Anera
  • Tilen Seabourn
  • Cervinius Dedivin
  • Heiburn D. Santiousio

Lacey (Fetileen Met at the trade year)

•  

• Fetileen (female cat lady)

• Not yet voiced

Story So Far (Check each of the spoilers!):

Seriously though before you go any further though only read what you want to read as there is a LOT of spoiler content and wil likely ruin the game if you read too much!!!!!!!!!

The Undying Influence

As Marcus’s history starts to build in the arena and his status grows, the Shades will take notice, and plan a very surreptitious elimination on Marcus, so that he would vanish without much notice from the locals in the Arena. Camilla Honestheart, the only one still pure by the Shades takes wind of this and rushes to warn Marcus.
    Hurrying to find him, pushing through crowds of citizens and storming in and out of market districts around the Arena, she in due course finds him, but unfortunately. It was too late. He lay face down in a pool of his own blood down a secluded ally way by the side of one of his regular shopping areas. Her hand covered her mouth in a effort not to shriek, and tears rapidly working their way off her cheeks and onto the dry, dusty sandstone earth.  
    Taking a few steps closer to him, she fell to her knees. “MARCUS…†Shuttering his name with her mind now wholly blank. Marcus unexpectedly, Marcus’s blood turns dark inky black and begins to let off a dark purple glow. Camilla jerks back in fear and uncertainty, quickly clambering to her feet as she watches the once dark red blood absorb back into Marcus’s body.

Coughing and flipping over to his back Marcus clenches his fatal wound that had pierced through his heart. “MARCUS?!†Camilla yelled with Marcus excitement and relief. “You’re alive!†Camilla added as she quickly joined him at his side. Marcus, didn’t move, he sat and started to understand the power that dwelled within him. It wasn’t just a power, it was alive. Actively looking out for Marcus, but at the same time, trying to take him over. Marcus could feel it, coursing through his body, ready to be activated at any time for his doing, whatever that might incur.

[/spoiler]

To Decide Destiny

Marcus sat on the edge of the steps heading up into the Wolfskull center of operations. His head tilted up, his eyes lost in the starts that blanketed the world. He tried to remember who he was before he come to the Arena, but nothing came to. He looked into the palm of his hands, dirty, blood stained and covered in cuts and bandages, he closed his hand slowly and slowly reopened it. He gazed blankly into a seeming void of himself, the more he thought about his homeland that forgot him and made him realize how insignificant he was to the grand scheme of this world he wondered in.
    Hours passed as he sat and pondered. “What eh hell?†It was Brodan, standing a few feet from him with a dog following him. “Oh… Hey.†MARCUS replied still staring blankly. “What ar’ you doin’ up? You realized that we hav’ a fight for you tm’orrow?†MARCUS nodded slowly. “I was just thinking to myself. Must have lost track of time.†MARCUS eMarcusplained and he rose to his feet, his eyes shifted to the dog. “What’s with the dog?†MARCUS asked as he pointed. “Oh heys’ such a good boy. I hope you wont tell anyone MARCUS. As a secret between you an’ me, I’ve been taking care of this here pup since last year.†Brodan eMarcusplained, sounding sympathetic for the dog, who had now cocked his head at MARCUS. “What’s his name?†MARCUS asked. “ReMarcusMarcusie.â€.
    â€œDon’t tell anyone I have im’ they will kill the poor dog for sure.â€

Kismet

Sykes, Kristy, and Brodan sat willingly at MARCUSs side, his body being insolvent from the inside, by a rare and lethal illness. Judo has been popping in infrequently to check on him.
“Is e’ going to alright?†Brodan asked, his hands gripped as one.
“I hope so…†Sykes replied, as he studied a medical journal about diseases and illness.
    It was quiet again, the soft ambience of the small room that they waited in seemed to fade, hearing only themselves think.
“Why are we just sitting here…?†Kristy said softly. Brodan and Sykes turned their heads to her.
“He’s dying and we’re just letting it happen.†She sustained, her hands now covered her face in grief.
    Brodan and Sykes returned looks for a split moment
“There isn’t much we can do. You did take note to what Dinas said right?†Sykes started
“I heard what he said†Kristy replied with a irritated snarl. Her hands moved from her face and laid still on her lap.
    Quiet again. Sykes had continued to scan through the periodical; the flipping of the pages filled the dull silence of the tiny room like loud drums. Brodans impatience made him slightly on edge, his leg bounced up an down like a mechanical piston. Sykes abruptly stopped flipping throughout the journal and his eyes gave a interested glance at something.
“Oh…†Sykes mumbled.
“What is it?†Kristy quickly asked.
Sykes coughed and prepared to read off a segment within the periodical.
“We have discovered a unknown illness we now call ‘Kismet Virus’. As we traveled to various different patients we learned that it was a very rare contraction and is as apparently deadly and terminal.—“
“How does this help?!†Kristy yelled out. Sykes replied by putting on finger up at her, his eyes still fiMarcused on the subject.
“But, as we recently discovered a rare plant known as ‘Worship’ miMarcused with the material Forithermyte causes symptoms to stop, causing provisional recovery. Although this is not a cure, it is a way to help suppress the Kismet Virus.†Sykes finished, lifting his head from the journal.
“Provisional recovery? What?†Kristy asked in aggravation.
“It means it’s a temporary cure. It could keep him alive long enough for a cure to possibly be found.†Sykes replied as he closed the journal.
“Are you sure this is even the Kismet thing? What if it’s not even vaguely close?†Kristy questioned as she stood up, tossing her arms in the air.
“It may not be related at all. But really what else can we do?†Sykes refined.
    Kristy took a deep breath and scratched her forehead. Looking at MARCUS briefly, she pivoted towards the door and left directly.
“Where are you going!?†Sykes yelled out. Distantly Kristy yelled back.

“To find that stupid fucking plant!â€

Clean Up

Judo sat patiently in his self made throne, made of bones of alpha wolfs and padded leather strips. Brodan, Kristy, Sykes, and Marcus all stood in front of his desk, waiting patiently for him to speak, Dinus, stood patiently at the door, his arms crossed, his helmet covering his eyes once more.
“What happened back there was my fault Judo, you can’t---“
Judo put up his hand to silence Marcus from speaking. Slowly he moved it back to a unbiased position, laying at rest on his armrest.
“You four…†Judo paused for a moment to give each of them a firm glance. “…are not in a good position.â€
Judo stopped once more to look at Brodan and Sykes terrified faces, Kristy looking at the ground and Marcus held up a strong front, his eyes locked forward, a still face, emotionless.

“I will take responsibility for everything.†Marcus announced.
    Brodan, Kristy, and Sykes eyes all snapped to Marcus in surprise.
“It was my idea to try and take back the heirloom of the Seven Wolf Children. I thought it might be a good way to secede in rank.†Marcus explained his face still.
Judo closed his eyes, and slowly shook his head.
“You have made us look weak, you fucking piece of shit!â€
Judo suddenly jumped to his feet and lunged over the desk at Marcus, tackling him to the floor. His arm raised ready to drive a punch into Marcus.
“W-wait!†Kristy blurted out.
Judo didn’t say anything, Kristy was fully aware of what she had done in the moment to. She defied the will of the Clan Leader. His head slowly turned to her, as she covered her mouth quickly in sudden realization of what she had just done. Judo slowly rose to his feet, towering over her.
“Say again?†Judo replied, his face snarled.
Kristy remained frozen, her mouth still being clasped shut by her hand, looking at the ground. A few moments went by of silence, until it was broken by a sudden entry of a intiate.
“Dinas! Judo!†His face was lined with sweat and a paired with a worried expression.
“We’ve been called out to a fight a Gravesite!â€
Judo rubbed his forehead in irritation.
“You four… you started this mess and you will clean it up or die.†Judo stated as he sat back down at his throne.
Gravesite, a term for a fight between three to four fighters from each clan to fight to the death for a higher honor. Marcus glanced at the three who seem content with the current circumstance, and strangely, so did Marcus.

Cub and Bear (1st Boss)

Marcus clambered around the dense forest, his heavy sword against his back nearly half his body weight threw him off balance with almost every step, his bow knocking against it with each step. The Exam he was practically thrown into, had him here, searching for a Gripper Bear as a ‘Rite of Passage’ to slay it would finish the exam.
    Months could go by in the Exam, few actually pass due to the severity of difficulty. Starvation is usually the killer besides the bears. Finding his way back was the main concern of Marcus. His sword and a small pouch of survivalist tools sat inside, such things like string, flint, and a needle for threading.
    Not long into the Exam, Marcus heard screaming from a short distance, a cry for help, quickly as he could with his oversized sword, he made a dead run for the source of the screaming. Coming up to a small circular clearing with a single tree, Marcus found a girl, couldn’t be much younger then himself, trapped up in the tree, a bear viciously growling at her.
“D-Don’t just stand there you idiot! Kill this thing!†The girl yelled to Marcus, the bear, diverted attention to him.
    Marcus reached to the handle of his sword, peaking over his right shoulder and unsheathed it with a hard tug, the weight fell over his head and landed on the ground with a hard impact. Her gripped tight onto the sword, realizing with such weight he would only have momentum and prediction on his side.
    He caught a quick glimpse at the girl, her leg, clearly wounded and hemorrhaging. The bear lunged at Marcus, quickly he held up the hilt of the blade and fell to his back, bracing the broad side of the sword with his feet, as the bear hit it, he pushed off as hard as he could, knocking the bear off balance, quickly to his feet, Marcus preformed a large overhead swing, landing a fatal blow on the bears head in the split moment he had to retaliate.
“I did it…†Marcus mumbled to himself, his heart racing.
    He carefully pulled out the blade from the dead bear, and re-sheathed it. Turning towards the girl he could tell she was only managing to stay up in the tree by the way the branches supported her back, allowing her to lean and relax her damaged body.
“Are you alright?†Marcus asked, approaching the tree.
“I’m fine, the bear had gotten the jump on me, otherwise it would be dead already.†She explained, confidently.
“You going to be able to get down alright?†Marcus questioned, looking at he leg wound.
The girl, looked at her leg and touched the wound with two fingers lightly, cringing in pain, her eyes shut tight as she bit her lip.
“It looks like it hurts.†Marcus started “Let me help.â€
“I don’t need your help!†She barked.
“Then what about the bear?†Marcus asked, raising a eyebrow.
“Shut up!â€
    Overconfident, she got herself onto one leg and slowly lowered into a crouch on the edge of the tree branch.
“If you try to jump from there you’re going to really hurt yourself.†Marcus stated, crossing his arms.
“Quiet!†Kristy yelled.
    In a quick moment, she let herself drop off the branch, trying to brace against the ground with one leg, she impacted the ground, hard. Laying face down in the ground.
“I told you.†Marcus mocked her, as he approached.
“O-…Ow...†She cried out quietly, into the gorund.
    Marcus crouched down next to her, examining the wound, it was still bleeding at a concerning rate.
“What happened to the other bears? Those things don’t travel alone.†Marcus asked, looking around the proximity of the tree.
“I… managed to trick one of them into a swampy area.†She started, as she lifted her head and turned over to her back. “He sunk so fast he couldn’t get out in time.â€
“There were only two?†Marcus asked.
“Yeah… thankfully.†She said her eyes, getting drowsy.
“I’m going to take care of this wound alright?†Marcus stated, as he tore part of his pants to create a rag to wrap the leg.
    Carefully, he propped her leg up and slowly wrapped the rag around and fastened it with a knot, a special knot that his father showed him a long time ago. Slight cries of pain slipped out of her mouth when the rag wrapped around the wounded area.
“I think that will be okay for now. By the way, what’s your name?†Marcus asked.
“You first.†She demanded.
“Alright… I’m Marcus, a Cub in the clan Wolfskull.†He replied.
    She rolled her eyes before looking away,
“…I’m Kristy.†She said quietly

A Choice

Marcus returned to Judos tent to present the bears ear to him. Stopped by Dinas once more, he almost forgot to relive himself of his weapons before entering. Stepping through, he saw Judo studying a map of some sorts, depicting the arena.
“Sir I---“ Marcus started.
    Judo put up his hand in a instant, silencing Marcus. His eyes scanning the map of sorts.
“Leave it on the chair to your left. Then get out of my fucking tent.†Judo said calmly, not even lifting his head.
    Looking to his left, he set the Bears Ear down a ragged looking chair then left silently from the tent, nodding at Dinas as he continued.
“You’re free to explore the arena for the next for days Cub, call it a reward for completing you’re exam.†Dinas explained to Marcus, who had just finished strapping his sword harness back on.
“Thank you Dinas.†Marcus gave his a gracious bow in respect and thanks.
    Marcus wondered around the closest section of the Arena to the Wolfskull HQ. The Arena massive so getting lost is easily a possibility for someone new to it like Marcus. Coming to one of the shops near the main walk of the arena, he saw two Wolfskull cubs doing a dead run for Wolfskulls home base. Following right behind them were two girls, seemingly the same age.
“You god damn perverts!†One of the girls yelled
“Heh heh! Sorry ladies! We’ll give these back later!†One of the cubs yelled back.
    Shortly after the girls gave up, obviously fuming and did a angry march back from the direction they came from. He noticed the Cubs were wondering around like he was, they might have just finished their exam as well…

Suddenly Marcus thought of the girl Kristy he had saved in the forest just yesterday. He got her back into the residential areas before he split ways, she mentioned something about being a street orphan…
Choices
Visit Kristy(A)
Or
Return to HQ (B)
    If A proceed with scene.  If B skip scene.
    Marcus asked around about young Kristy, she was common to find in this area of the arena, he eventually find her laying against the side of a Inn, away from the entrance. She had her head buried into her arms that she currently using as pillows.
He approached her, and gave her a slight nudge with his boot. She lifted her head instantly, her eyes squinting, forcing one eye open she looked up at Marcus.
“What do you want? I was sleeping.†Kristy said, irritated.
“Just checking if you were still alive.†Marcus replied crouching down into a sit.
    Kristy rubbed her eyes, letting out a soft yawn, then stretching.
“Why you really here loser?†Kristy asked, a calm voice.
“I’m a loser now?†Marcus questioned, with no response from her.
“I’m really just checking if you were alright.†Marcus said, honesty in his voice.
“Sorry pal, I don’t need anyone to come a check on me, I’m quite capable on my own.†Kristy argued, putting up a wall, as she did her stomach made a loud growl, she looked down at her belly.
“When is the last time you ate?†Marcus continued the questions, not concerned, but curious.
    Kristy didn’t respond, she sat silent, pretending not to had heard Marcus.
“If you don’t need anything, you can leave.†Kristy said, looking away from him.
    Marcus shrugged his shoulders, stood up, and proceeded back towards Wolfskull HQ, she made it clear that she had to much pride to be helped.

A Unexpected Turnout

Stepping out of the blood covered battle ground that Marcus just helped paint once again, he was unexpectedly greeted by Dinas and a hooded council member.
“There’s something we need to discuss Marcus.†Dinas stated, his voice sounding cynical.
“What did I do?†Marcus presumed he had done something to cause this meeting. Maybe to do with Sykes and Brodan.
    The hooded council member flipped down the hood that covered it face. Marcuss head pulled back in disbelief, it was a girl but not what surprised him, she couldn’t be much older than himself, possibly younger.
“A-Are you part of the council?†Marcus asked her.
“Yes but this isn’t the place to chat, come with us. It’s very important.†She explained.
“…Alright.†Marcus replied.
    The girl and Dinas leaded Marcus down a few paths, before coming to a less crowded area, near the stables of the tribe neighboring Wolfskull. They took a seat at a round table outside a café.
“So… Whats going on?†Marcus asked looking at Dinas then the girl.
“I have been watching you fight Marcus.†The girl explained, looking directly at him.
“Oh… alright?†Marcus replied, unsure of the situation. “So?â€
“When I noticed you carry the Illuminates power it was clear that I had to contact your direct superior, Dinas here.†She continued to explain.
“Illuminates?†Marcus asked, confused shifting attention back and forth from Dinas and the girl.
“It’s a dark power that is a part of you Marcus, even if you don’t know it.†Dinas explained pointing at him.
“So… Why are you here then?†Marcus questioned the girl. “Dinas could’ve told me himself.â€
    Dinas opened his mouth to reply, but realized Marcus was correct, they both looked at the girl, with questioning looks.
“Oh… well you see, the thing is…†The girl started shifting her eyes away smiling. “I’m actually a huge fan of yours, hehe.†She explained Dinas cocked his head in utter confusion, so did Marcus.
“What?†Dinas and Marcus blurted out.
“Look I might belong to the council but I still can be a human. I just really wanted to meet you in person heh…†She explained, her face turning red.
“Why are you a fan of me exactly?†Marcus questioned.
“Your fighting of course, I’ve never seen anything like it. It just captures me every time I watch you…†She explained gazing into Marcus’s eyes, he shifting looks around avoiding eye contact.
“Uh…†Marcus muttered awkwardly. “What was your name again?â€
“Oh right. I’m Camilla Honestheart,†Camilla introduced herself with a upbeat manner, putting out her hand. Marcus shook it lightly.
“Eh, HEM!†Dinas coughed loudly, to divert attention. “About his power?â€
“Oh right. To put it as simple as possible, the more you use it Marcus, the easier it can corrupt you. Although its very powerful, don’t use it unless you ABSOLUTELY have to, okay?†Camilla explained, very clear that she was personally concerned.
“Y-yeah, I’ll only use it if I have to. I got it.†Marcus complied to her request.
“Alright, I have to go put on my serious face again and go be a council member. It was a honor meeting you Marcus, please let me know If I can do anything for you.†Camilla explained as she stood up and flipped her hood back on, shadows now covering her face.
    Marcus and Dinas watched as she walked away, crowds of people causing her to seemingly disappear without a trace. Dinas and Marcus looked at each other, confused, and shocked at the immaturity of the young council member, who of which ran the Arena.
“That was interesting…†Dinas mumbled “But now do you understand what resides within you Cub?†Dinas asked.
“I believe I do… Mostly anyways…†Marcus replied, “But what I don’t understand is why I only got told now.â€
“I don’t know the answer to that. But you have another fight tomorrow. So head back to HQ and prepare, that’s a direct order.†Dinas demanded.
    Marcus stood up lighting fast, nearly knocking over the table in the process, saluting Dinas, he left in a hurry, back to Wolfskull HQ, but now, aware that a dark power lies within him.

Questionable Conviction

The cubs of Wolfskull trained vigorously, sweat, and swearing filled the training ground inside the HQ. Skyes and Brodan took turns against Marcus, who was gradually losing the required energy to focus. He began to stumble as exhaustion started to take over, cheap hits from both of them nearly broke him.
“Aw, are you gettin’ tired?†Brodan mocked Marcus as he forced himself back to his feet.
“Hardly…†Marcus muttered, his heavy breathing keeping formed sentences at bay.
    Sykes laughing let his guard down for a moment, Marcus took the opportune moment to strike him down, and knock him on his back, sending his training sword skidding across the training room ground.  Marcus stood up tall, wiping blood from his face, and flicking it off his hands to the floor.
“Got cha.†Marcus gloated as he tossed his wooden sword to the floor, in front of the downed Sykes.
    Turning around in victory, Marcus proceeded to leave, he caught a glimpse of Kristy who had been watching the whole thing from the entrance door before she took off. Leaving into the main corridor of the HQ, he noticed no one was around, silence caused a strange ambiance, a place he was so used to seeing full of people, desolate, and currently a ghost town. He spotted Kristy dashing out the main entrance, followed after, Sykes and Brodan, then shortly behind him.
    Reaching outside, there was a crowd of people surrounding someone, laying face down on the sandstone ground, infront of the Wolfskull HQ. Judo and Dinas were crouched beside her. Marcus can up to them both.
“Is she alright?†Marcus asked, eyeing the body for clues of life.
    Dinas and Judo were silent. In a moment, Marcus realized they were saying a prayer for the girl, who clearly, passed on. They both stood up, and proceeded back into the HQ, without saying a word. Kristy walked up to the lifeless girl. Marcus watched her.
“…This was…†Kristy started as she crouched down next to her.
“Who was she? Was she part of Wolfskull?†Marcus asked crouching next to her.
“She was in my sparring team… She didn’t talk much and honestly  no one talked to her either.†Kristy explained “How did she die…? I don’t see any blood anywhere…†Kristy continued
    Marcus scanned the body, clearly no traces of blood were present, and the people crowding the body started to dissipate.
“Poison?†Marcus threw out a idea, pure conjecture.
“…Who would poison her? …and more importantly… why?†Kristy started to think deeply.
“You’ve only been with the cubs for like three weeks now… maybe we should find a more senior member to---“ Marcus started.
“Look, I know how long I’ve been with Wolfskull, but I’ve also been alive for much longer. I’m not stupid.†Kristy argued, standing up before Marcus, who stood up following her.
“…Alright, so what are you thinking? Defiance in the clan?†Marcus began to wonder the possibility of someone killing her from the inside.
“Okay… so if it was someone from the inside, why would they do it, and what would they gain from it…†Kristy got into a deep thought.
“Look, if you want we can conduct our own investigation, this might be worth discovering the answer.†Marcus offered.
    Kristy crossed her arms, pondering the offer. Giving Marcus a long hard stare.
“Is this some attempt to get with me?†Kristy asked her face serious.
“No, not at all, why would I do something like that?†Marcus counted the question.
    She didn’t respond, but instead examined the body once more before pivoting and walking off, motioning Marcus to follow.
“I have a mystery to solve…†Kristy stated bravely. Marcus trotted up next to her.
“We have a mystery to solve.†Marcus corrected her, with a smirk.

A Love, or Not

Star rockets blasted off in the sky all around the Arena, the festival the Eternal Kings only happened but once every 10 years to celebrate the Arena. The Eternal Kings or also known as the Six, were the ones to bring the Arena to its glory, although the Clans formed on their own, it was always desired by the Six to have the colossal sized Arena be a home for all blood sporting. Although the Six had real names, they were never known, they referred to themselves as the numbers that they were came into the world, starting with the earliest born.
    Marcus, Sykes, Brodan, Kristy were the only cubs to hang together as a group for this long, typically even though the Wolfskull clan is one, the members end up working alone as lone hunters to hopefully surpass Dinas to be known as “The Hunterâ€.
    Sitting at the fountain merging the shopping district to the carpenters district, the four watched the star rockets create a colorful show in the moonlit sky. A general peace came over the group, a sense of security also felt present, a commune of ‘having each other’s back’.
    The night continued on as such, but it wasn’t long until Camilla appeared seemingly from nowhere and granted herself a seat to the left, next to Marcus. He turned his head to her, looking into her eyes, she looked to him, returning the gaze. On his right, Kristy he gave a look, she also returned the gape, both of them had a softness to their look, clearly wanting something from him. As Marcus returned his eyes to the sky, his left hand was lightly clasped by Camilla, his right, gently gripped by Kristy.

Choice
Embrace Camilla’s hand

Choice
Embrace Kristy’s hand

Choice
Embrace both

Choice
Disregard both

Choice A
    Marcus slowly slipped his hand away from Kristy, and locking fingers with Camilla, as a blissful smile went across Camillas, silent tears began to run down Kristys face, she sat emotionless, clearly, her heart broken.
    Camilla slid over as close as she could get to Marcus, and rested her head on his shoulder during the sky show, a dangerous choice for sure, Marcus to engage with a council member like so. As the strange cheerful feeling filled Marcuss chest, it was at the same time, he felt a weakness at the same time, as if he shouldn’t of let go to Kristys hand.

Choice B
    Marcus clenched his fist and returned his left hand to his lap, and locked fingers with Kristy, as Camilla quietly flipped her hood back onto her head, concealing her face, she stood up and left without a word, clearly broken. Kristy slid as close as she could to Marcus, as he turned to look at her, the soft embrace of her lips touched his, locked for a moment, before pulling away, a happiness filled her face and heart as she leaned her head onto Marcus shoulder.
    Though Marcus was happy with this, he felt like he threw away all the trials he and Camilla had to go through together. After all, if it wasnt for her, how could he have survived this long against himself? Against rhe  power within?

Choice C
    Marcus glanced at both of them for a moment, realizing there was no way he could choose, locking fingers with both Camilla and Kristy, he knew that nothing good could come from this, but his heart, too fond of both, couldn’t choose just one, selfishness took over. As both the girls slid in they realized what he did leaning infront of him to look at each other Marcus quietly said. “I cant choose…†his words seem sincere, real in truth. They both, slightly confused but seemingly understanding, just enjoyed the moment they had with him, both, resting their heads onto their claimed sides.

Choice D
    Inside, a lifeless emotion took over. Quickly taking his hands from both of them, he stood up directly to leave the scene, leaving both of them clueless and broken. Strangely this felt… good to Marcus, a grin came across his face, something inside took over of him just then, but it felt good, it felt… powerful, and in control…

Beast Brave

Judo paced back and forth infront of the four, Kristy, Marcus, Brodan, and Sykes, thinking. Dinas stood at the door way, his arms crossed as usual.
“Ah… I know…†Judo started turning his head slowly to the group a smirk ran across his face.
“The Beast Brave…†Judo continued, Dinas’s expression seemed surprised.
    Marcus looked left and right at his teammates, Kristy seemed also unsure of what the Beast Brave was, but Brodan and Sykes seemed… terrified.
“I-I don’t think we’re ready for that Judo sir.†Sykes stated, his expression the same.
“Oi, ey don’t think we hav’ a chance against such ah’ challenge.†Brodan added, his body shaking slightly.
“Whats the Breast Brave?†Marcus blurted out naively. Judo shook his head a few times.
“Dinas will explain. And now that I have decided what the fuck I want to do with you all, get the hell out of my fucking office!†Judo screamed the last bit of his sentence, clearly seeming to suffer from rage of some degree.
    The four followed Dinas out of Judos tent directly, stopping not even a few steps from the tent, Dinas began to think to himself, his back to the group. Kristy leaned over to Marcus and whispered.
“What’s the Beast Brave?†She asked curiously.
“I have no idea.†Marcus whispered back.
    Dinas stood still for a few more seconds before turning around to the group.
“Do you cubs realize what this means?†Dinas asked in a very serious tone.
    Brodan and Sykes nodded, but Marcus and Kristy, had no clue as to the Beast Brave.
“The Beast Brave is a challenge for a group of four cubs, looking to go up in rank within their respective clans.†Dinas began to explain.
“I don’t understand why Judo appointed us this… I’ve been the only one of late to actively fight in the Arena.†Marcus stated, questioning Dinas.
“What’s the actual challenge?†Kristy asked.
“To defeat a Lifeless.†Dinas replied, Marcus and Kristys eyes widened in surprise.
“A Lifeless?! One of those creepy dead turtle looking things?!†Kristy panicked. “We would get slaughtered against one of those!â€
“I suggest you four start training then.†Dinas replied calmly, before walking away.
    Kristy fell to her knees and leaned back to a sit. Brodan and Sykes stood still, looking at the ground.
“If we don’t have a choice we might as well do what Dinas said, and start training.†Marcus tried to keep himself calm.
    They all had heard of the Lifeless, named after the seemingly dead turtle looking creatures mixed with a snakes head. They are fast, deadly, poisonous and strong. They kill Arena Cubs like nothing, the hardest offered trial to up in clan rank to be given. This challenge is nearly the same as being executed. Nobody responded to Marcus, all of which seem like they just got told they were going to be hung.
“We won’t lose.†Marcus started. “I have a particular trick up my sleeve… so to speak.†The three looked at him, Kristy looking up.
“Lifeless are no joke Marcus, not one cub has passed the Beast Brave in the last twenty years. Do you know how many cubs come and go through Wolfskull!?†Sykes yelled
“We aint’ got a’ chance Marcus. It jus’ cant appen’.†Brodan added.
    Kristy remained silent, looking at Marcus clearly to save her from this seemingly doomed scenario.
“If we don’t try we will definitely die to the Lifeless. We have to stay defiant!†Marcus argued back.
“Those things can shoot poison needles out of their mouth faster than you can blink! We will all be dead before a minute goes by!†Sykes continued to argue, stepping closer to Marcus, Kristy sat in-between them.
“Sykes you’re the best at setting traps in this group! We just need to form a plan!†Marcus yelled once more before closing his eyes for a moment and taking a deep breath. “Arguing isn’t going to help…â€
    Marcus rubbed his eyes in stress, Sykes also taking a step back from the argument. Kristy returned her gaze to the ground, blank.
“Look… We just need to take a deep breath and really think about how we’re going to tackle this. If none of us want to die, then we need to either start training, or… I don’t even know what.†Marcus explained, trying to rally the three others.
    Marcus held out his hand to Kristy, she gripped it drastically tight, and he pulled her to her feet.
“We are a team, and I for one believe that if we try hard enough, we can kill one of those things. Dinas is so experienced he could take one of those alone, there are four of us… I know we can do it.†Marcus continued “I promise that at least you three will come out it alive.â€.
    Kristy without warning burst out into tears, a overflow ran down her face as she fell into Marcus. Surprised he held her embrace to try and comfort her.
“Good god…†Sykes sighed. “We are going to die for sure…â€

Hooman?

Dinas and Marcus watched as the gigantic arena doors leading to the outside opened. The other side, sat a beach with a port, lined with boats. The traders from the different parts around the world only showed up once every ten or so years to do business with the arena clans.
“Have you ever seen the other races of the world Marcus?†Dinas asked, his arms crossed standing in front of the ingress.
“This is in fact the first time I’ve heard of them.†Marcus replied scanning around at the unfamiliar different races that flooded the docks.
    Marcus watched the other races greet each other and shake hands, clearly outside of the arena these groups got along, at least on a business level. They handed off massive amounts of different crates and barrels full of goods and foods from around the world.
“There is something you must know Marcus. These races although very polite to each other, dislike humans, generally.†Dinas explained his look still locked at the activity at the docks.
“Racism toward us?†Marcus investigated.
“Generally. The Fetileen are less so, mostly because they are more human like then most of them… Besides the dwarves, they are hardy and treat everyone like family.†Dinas continued to explain.
“So Fetileen are…?†Marcus continued to inquire.
“The females with the ears and a tail.†Dinas pointed out to their docked station on the far end.
“There’re all girls?â€

“Strangely enough… Yes.†Dinas seemed puzzled by his own knowledge of the Fetileen.
“I know what you’re thinking, everyone does. How do they repopulate? Oddly enough, we actually don’t know.†Dinas finished scratching his forehead.
    Marcus and Dinas stood guard for a while, before the other races started filing in to enter through the gate. They stood close together like sentinels. A large group of the strange, tall, scaled beasts first came through, equipped with very large packsacks full of trade goods. After them were the dwarves pushing in carts of metals and ingots, hammers and pickaxes, laughing whole heartedly at each other and the jokes being constantly spewed.

“So many…†Marcus said, astonished at the mass of ‘people’ flooding into the arena. “This only happens once every ten years?â€

“Or so, sometimes never at all. It has come to a common tradition, and understanding though that every ten years, the other races from around the world would come here to trade with us. Wolfskull greatly gains off this.†Dinas explained as the collection of races continued to pour in.
“…So how did they end up all at the same time? I don’t get that part.†Marcus questioned.
“They plan the travel across the great blue many months before they actually set sail. Usually, the entire event for them to get here, can take over a year.†Dinas continued to enlighten Marcus.
“Wow…†Marcus’s eye widened in surprised and interest. “How long are they usually here for?â€
“About two months. Sometimes three if deemed necessary. Some of the races bid farewell before others, only because not everyone needs to be here for that long, some trades are easier and faster than others.†Dinas sustained.
“None of them stay here?†Marcus continued the questions, his curiosity abiding.
“The council doesn’t allow for the other races to live here permanently. According to them it was actually demanded by the Eternal Six to only allow humans residency.†Dinas replied to the onslaught of questions.
    Marcus continued to stand guard next to Dinas, the rest of the cubs lined along the long entrance way leading to the first market section.
    Hours went by, they watched as all of them filed in and as they finished clambering into the Arena full of goods, Dinas stepped outside to look around the piers, then turned back towards the entrance and began towards the market.
“Alright, the rest you can take care of Marcus, I’m taking the rest of the cubs to the market to stand guard, close the gate and meet us there.†Dinas explained as he motioned to the others to fall in, continuing by him at a fast pace.
    Marcus watched for a moment as Dinas and the other cubs trotted away, looking at the massive gate the walked over to the lever that controlled it. Giving it a hard tug a loud click followed by the sounds of chains and gears in motion filled the area.  As it started to close, in the distance from the pier, a voice was heard.
“Wait!!†a voice yelled from beyond the gate.
    Marcus ran out to the center view out looking the gate. A Fetileen was doing a dead run for the door. Although once the door is closed, it cannot be opened for at least three days council reasons. Marcus encouraged her with motioning his arms at Fetileen. The gate came to a small opening as the Fetileen dove through, slamming on the ground and performing a very agile recovery roll back to her feet, not even a second later, the gate slammed shut.
“What the heck!? You almost squished me!†The fetileen girl barked.
“Sorry! There’s nothing I can do to stop the door from closing after it starts.†Marcus explained.
“Oh. Then I guess it wasn’t really your fault then was it? Probably mine really, not maybe not… I’m not sure.†The Fetileen slightly cocked her head in deep thought as she turned to silence, Marcus stood awkwardly.
“So—.“ Marcus started.
“Well really if I hadn’t fell asleep on the boat with Ji’lace then maybe I would have come in with everyone else, which makes me wonder, have you seen her?†She rambled.
“I uh—.“ Marcus tried to reply
“But I guess that isn’t important, just need to stay awake and not fall asleep again trying to keep up you know? Hehe, I guess it was kinda funny, imagine if I didn’t make it through and I was stuck out there for who knows how long. I would probably freeze to death, which I guess isn’t funny. Or maybe it would be, what do you think?†She bombarded Marcus to where he couldn’t respond.
“I—.†Marcus just shook his head in confusion and raised his shoulders for a brief moment.
“You know I’ve never been here before? I have no idea where I’m going, I was just told I could make money selling stuff here to the hoomans. Are you the hoomans?†She continued.
“…†Marcus was silent.
“I am going to assume that you don’t like to talk a lot huh?†Her ears adjusted around and her tail flailed around with excitement. “Oh!†Her eyes fixed onto Marcus Wolfskull Cub Band on his arm. “Nya~ You’re a hero!?â€

“What!?†Marcus shook his head repeatedly, utterly confused.
“I heard that the hoomans with the band like those are Heroes of the Arena, and you get to do anything you want.†She said, seemingly convinced it was the case.
“That’s not ever close.†Marcus replied.
“What? Really? Like… Really really?†She asked confused.
“Yes, really really…†Marcus replied
“That’s so weird… Because I was told by someone that those bands mean that you can do absolutely anything you want in the arena, and that you are the Hero of ancient times. You get all the cute girls you want, food, money, fame. But I guess you’re just a nobody?†She continued, seemingly naïve.
“…Don’t you have somewhere to be?†Marcus tried to be rid of her.
“OH!†She jumped in realization. “I need your help actually. You see its my first time here and—“

“Yes you said that already.†Marcus interjected.
“Oh… Well I need help finding the first market district for tailor trades? Can you lead me there? I would give you something but your kind a nobody so there is really no point I guess. I mean I could but were not friends. Or well… I guess we could be if we wanted to, but to be honest I really don’t have a lot of friends in my tribe, it’s weird…†She stood for a moment staring at Marcus. “Oh yeah my name is *ahem* Latie Afieret Certi Eaetum Yuel.†She stood proudly as if she was famous.
“…I am never going to remember all of that--†Marcus stopped as he took a good glance at her eyes, which bared two different colors. One blue the other, amber. She noticed his curiosity.
“Oh… uh I†She looked away, clearly self aware. “It’s called heterochromia, my eyes I mean…†She gave a glance back, her eyes flattened to her head.
“I apologize; I have never seen someone with eyes like that.†Marcus explained. There was a dead silence for a few seconds.
“So can you bring me to the market?†She asked.
“I can quickly; I have to meet up with my mentor soon though.†Marcus mentioned.
“So what’s your name hooman?†She asked.
“Marcus Alder.†He put his hand out to shake hers. She grasped it lightly and gave a single shake, seemingly curious of the tradition.
“So it there a short version to your name…?†Marcus asked, hoping for it to be so.
“Lacey. But only friends can call me that, so you if you decide to then you’re a friend, okay? So don’t say it unless you mean it. I’m serious. And I’m not like joking serious, I mean like, really serious, like… no joking.†She explained, her eyes perked forward, tail was still.
“Alright, Lac—“ Marcus was interrupted again by Lacey, as she sprung forward and put her index finger on his lips, silencing him.
“I’m serious. We’re friends if you say my name like that. No turning back.†Lacey slowly pulled her finger away from his lips, her eyes giving Marcus a very serious look.
    Marcus stood silent as she slowly started to slowly sway her hips impatiently, her hands jointed in front of her chest. He shifted his eyes to her and away a few times as she kept hers locked onto his, waiting. Then Marcus thought of something.
“…What IS a friend, in your light?†Marcus asked.
“You know one of those people that you are around all the time and spend lots and lots of time with. Make funny jokes with and go on adventures every day. You know when—“ She was interrupted.
“Alright Lacey I get it.†Marcus blurted out.
    Lacey covered her mouth, and stopped swaying. As if some dreadful news just reached her ears.
“I wasn’t finished… I was going to say you know when you cuddle all the time and touch lips…†She finished her face turning red. Marcus did the same.
“That’s not—“Marcus started a few moments afterwards, but was again, interrupted by Lacey, this time her laughing.
“Hehe… I was only kidding! That stuff is for hoomans. You weird-o.†Lacey laughed for a bit before grabbing his arm and pulling him away from the door. “Alright, bring me to the market!â€

Edited by FleshRenderStudios

Voice acting included? Seems like a large project. Since there are only characters and no background information/setting established (at least not anything too specific in my mind), I'll have to wait and see what it turns out like.

Good luck on this game.