New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
FranklinX

What is a good way to build back links?

I'm having trouble building back links to my blog. I only have 17 back links at the moment and that's extremely bad for a two year old site. The site has links on social media sites and forums of course. However, that's not very many links. What is a good method of building back links?

I can be quite difficult and is something I haven't really focused on. My old domain rmxpunlimited.net used to have excellent backlinks. Back in the 'old says, start of 08, I was filling our then joomla website with lots of good content, scripts, tutorials etc. There weren't many non-forum stuff like that around so people would post a lot of links to the pages with already superior SEO from the website, increasing the page rank. So if a page already has a high page rank and links your page, your page gets some of that page rank. But page rank is attached to individual pages, not domains, so not any old link in a forum topic is going to make much of a difference. A good idea would be to get on other site's affiliates lists, that way a link to your site will be on their main index pages, their probably most linked-to and popular pages. You can have good content alone and do well, because this will take care itself by being in high demand; people want it, and they get it from your site (either it's unique or easier to find on your site). SEO changes very rapidly. Even in my time backlinks was huge but google suddenly cracked down on it, and started catching all the spammers. Just a few years ago they were tallking about all these link directories and sharing all this page-rank flow, but google really cracked down on things like that. Interestingly, anyone can destroy your site's standing on google but spamming links of your website all over the place. Of course, you can stop this, but I'm guessing you don't know how. :P

Thanks for the tips, Marked! Starting an affiliate list is a great idea! I'm going to share the idea with a few guys and see what they think about it!