New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.

Question

hey can someone give me online rpg script that can talk with each other and can fight each other?

also can sell thing and someone can buy it?

8 answers to this question

I don't know much about it, but I know it would be terribly difficult to make one. As far as I'm aware, there is no such script that is stable or well-built enough--that is, if anyone's made one.

It would be hard to make one on your own. Jumping into the deep end might be the wrong term--more like leaping into the middle of the ocean.

This depends on what engine you're using. To my knowledge, ACE doesn't have an online script package yet. VX has an online package BUT it's non-operational/incomplete. XP has one also and I believe it's functional. I never tested it personally so I can't be sure. The links for them might be dead. I know the VX one is. I just tried searching a pulled up nothing but you can search: Blizz-ABS Online RMXP fo the XP one and Vampyr Online RMVX fot the VX one.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mq7j97nkpqmv702/Vampyr%20Net%20Gaming%201.0.9.zip

Did someone say the VX link was dead?

Aah. I wasn't aware that XP had one. I should see if I can get around to testing that.

I personally think that netcoding in RPG Maker is kind of primitive in my opinion. If you want to have a full and complete experience with online networking, try unity which has ton of support from it's own community. The community gives you packages and scripts free from costs. All you need is a server provider that can hold your game. 

What trollmar say's is correct I believe RM game's should have an online feature personally, Don't get me wrong it's a nice idea but you could just port the same graphics and do the same stuff in Unity without many issues at all. RM should be left to it's native offline mode imo. 

Anyway as for RMVX the Vlad/Vampyr Gaming script package does work to a degree but it is far rom finished and I don't think it will be finished anytime soon as it has been around for almost 3 years in the same state.

RM should be left to it's native offline mode imo. 

Anyway as for RMVX the Vlad/Vampyr Gaming script package does work to a degree but it is far rom finished and I don't think it will be finished anytime soon as it has been around for almost 3 years in the same state.

I prefer RPG Maker offline. I enjoy the single-player simplicity of it.

The package definitely needs some work. It's not exactly in top-notch condition, but it's something. At least an example for someone to work off of if they actually want to make one of these themselves.