New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
GermanyXItaly1000

Sound continues to play when clicking out of game. How to stop this?

Question

I know this is a feature that comes with RMXP. Sadly, it's one that I do not want.

I've spent a lot of time mixing the proper sounds and such for the end of my game's first episode, and I want it to play until the Wait function runs out, followed by a command to stop the sound. It works--if the player doesn't click away from the screen. If the player does do something like that, then the Wait function will be interrupted, and then the sound will loop again until they click back into the screen and the wait command does run out. Which sounds horrible, no way to end a first episode.

A lot of the game's music is designed to work this way. The BGM/BGS changes with time, which means I'll be running into pretty bad problems in the future if I can't find a way out of this.

The only thing I've thought of so far is to use a full screen script, but a lot of the people I've talked to who have actually played the game don't really like full screen games. So that's also a potential problem.

I would like to actually be able to make the sound pause upon clicking out of the window. But as it's part of RMXP and (I assume) not something that's found in the scripts, I'm guessing you'd have to rewrite a large portion of the engine's sound system itself... but I'm hoping against all odds that there's a script out there that will fix this.

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet