New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
Marked

Games Section - disable single page setting?

GDU Games Pages  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Should games pages be forced to be split into pages, and disable the single-page option??

• Yes
    • No

Hi guys

I am currently considering removing the option of having the game pages display all content on a single-page, and force all pages to have tabbed-style "pages" instead: now when game pages are split into pages the page will load and take you to another page; I will be updating this so the content is delivered via ajax and no reloading is necessary, so it's much faster.

I am thinking of removing some options and making the game pages more standardized. My initial goal was to create something really flexible. But I think it's getting too complicated and it's not really what people want. Instead I want to make it more standardized and focus on making what options are available better. I still want to have a range of design  options, but less layout and engine-room type settings. I want to focus a bit more on social features such as following, ratings, better comments and feedback features, etc.

Please give me feedback on this...or I'll just do what I feel like.

For most of game pages that have a lot of content, it's good since people can just go to view the tab that they need to. However, for game that only have low content available, this will cut much content from them. Look at my one of my games, The Last One. The content is so little and that's all that I can put there.

I think it's more appealing for game that only have a little content to have a single page, and for a game that have a lot of content,  it's better to have the multi-tab to help the player by providing the only necessary content.

So I think maybe you should keep both. :)

Oh, and while you still at it, can I ask you to give a member of a project that have account on this forum to have a priviledge to remove themself from a game team member? It's not that necessary, but there's several project with me in the team and the project is not active anymore. However, whenever I go to the game pages, the game is listed as my game along with another title which is somewhat annoy me :p If this is too much, you can just skip it. :)

I agree with black mage, When there is a little content, Multi taps r not useful and they even can be annoying.

About design, In fact I think we need layout options more than social ones...Of course social features are important, Especially a rating system, but first, I think everyone wants a unique gamepage, So I think it can be very nice if you try to make layout options as flexible as possible so that the game developer can change the page and show a little of game atmosphere in page...u know, like the page exactly belongs to this game.