New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
TriangleGM

Commercial use of posted "shared" scripts

In cases where a script does not state its availability for use, is there a generally accepted rule among the greater "game makers" community for the use of scripts posted on sites like this in commercially released games?

I'm specifically looking at the Auto Font Install script by Wachunga. Ordinarily, I would assume that one would, at the very least, need to ask permission if not offer to pay something. However, the reason I'm asking is that this script was posted by "Guest_Wachunga," meaning they are not a member of this site, and I have no idea who they are or how to contact them. There is nothing in the header description referring to "terms of use," "copyright," "be sure to credit me," or even anyone's full legal name. So, I imagine I could get away with just using it, but I'm wondering if that would be seen as bad form (or worse). Personally, I would at least give credit to them within the game, because I try to be a nice polite guy, but I'd feel better knowing it was really okay to use it.

Alternatively, if anyone happens to know who Wachunga is or where I could contact him/her, that would be a great help.

I am unsure but I reckon without permission, it wouldn't be possible to use it in a commercial project.

Well, it would be possible but yeah...

I can't find anything of him except for his Github. I never used that so I am unsure if you can contact him that way. 

https://github.com/wachunga