New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
Logan Springer

looking for voice actors and character designers

ok i'm starting a new prodject called shinjis chronicle the story revolves around shinji takugawa top grade student who his life has been compaired to some of the most brilliant minds in history but because oc this he became hard to talk to he soon became bored with every thing until one day he was sprited away to a magic world called lutalio by a mysterious being called the fuion is this shinji has to find the secrets of lutalio and fnd the any trace of how to get home as he fights monsters ect. and picks some friends up on the way

shinji the main

art ideas and voice acting info black hair unitersted look and wears black he always thinks five steps ahead voice actind must sound cold like light from death note and reads clearly/ thats not it im looking for a team that i can work with to make this game success so please join the YumiN0IZ family

ran out of space cause don't really get fourms or whatever voice actors message me at this email for further info an art designers send to the same "rwby343@yahoo.com"

there will be ten male characters who need voice acting one obviously beig shinji further details will be sent by email

there will be six girls who need voice acting further details will be sent by email

any further questions will be answered in this fourm

oh and also looking for a story writer to help balance out my work every character that will be available for voice acting will be sent by email finally figured out the game page for the this website and if you have any questions feel freeto ask

or message me at facebook logang springer

update have just installed the schala battle system and alot of other a scripts

Edited by Polraudio

You dont need to double, triple, and quad post lol. I had to combine all 5 of your posts. Please edit your post next time till someone else posts. add an edit line.

EX:

EDIT: say something new

EDIT2: Say something newer.

So please edit next time :thumbsup:

Since you're giving your storyline here, I'm going to take it as permission to critique the plot. You've only shown a snippet, but I want to point out some potential problems that could steer the game in a pretty bad direction if they're not written properly.

ok i'm starting a new prodject called shinjis chronicle the story revolves around shinji takugawa top grade student who his life has been compaired to some of the most brilliant minds in history but because oc this he became hard to talk to he soon became bored with every thing

Having been somewhat an anime fan for over four years, I can spot a not-so-original OC when I see one. This guy practically radiates Light Yagami. I'm not saying he's a Light Yagami ripoff, but you could certainly do better than that.

one day he was sprited away to a magic world called lutalio by a mysterious being called the fuion is this shinji has to find the secrets of lutalio and fnd the any trace of how to get home as he fights monsters ect. and picks some friends up on the way

"Finding how to get home," and "He fights monsters" is extremely vague, although I can understand why you would want to keep as little of the plot out of this as possible. Pretty typical anime/adventure, although I'd want to know more about Lutalio before I can give it a proper rundown.

shinji the main
art ideas and voice acting info black hair unitersted look and wears black he always thinks five steps ahead voice actind must sound cold like light from death note and reads clearly

He not only "sounds cold" like Light--top grades, genius mind, bored with everything... He's a perfect twin brother of Light Yagami. If you're going to use an MC like this, you'd better be ready to present a top-quality plot that will somehow click with his personality. It doesn't have to be something good enough to go commercial, but at least try to balance the MC and his environment. Make them compatible, incompatible, whatever you need to do to make it interesting and plausible. Drive the story.

I'm also assuming that you're aiming for this to be a lengthier game. So be sure that whatever you do, you don't bore the player. The plot must have buildup, climaxes, and suspense all the way through. If you're boring the player, you've already lost.

there will be ten male characters who need voice acting one obviously beig shinji
there will be six girls who need voice acting

You're giving me a count of 16 characters here.

Sixteen.

Corpse Party had only 12 main characters; imo it was only effective because most of them were killed right off the bat so that the writers didn't have to deal with writing all twelve all throughout the game. Going above 12 is taking a pretty high risk, and if you're not planning on killing or sending some of them off, there's almost no way you could have a group. It would be very difficult.

I'm hoping that these sixteen in your game are not all main characters, or you're going to have some trouble keeping them together.

Also, just saying, RPG Maker VX Ace is not something you'd expect to have voice acting with. I've seen a few games with VAs (played five or six of them). Most out of those five/six are comedic, which is one of the reasons why the makers were able to pull it off. All of them have what sounds like they have either high-quality microphones or professional editing. A comedic game with lower sound quality that actually gives more to the comedy would be passable.

If you're not going for comedy and you don't get people with good mics, or at least a guy who can work an audio editor, I would pass on the voice acting altogether.

That's my critique, so far, on what you've presented. Take this how you will, but know it's not flaming--just criticism. Feel free to do what you want with it. But also know that writing will be essential to your game; having been a student of writing for fifteen years, I have some confidence in my abilities.

Another point. All/most of your contributions to this site have been posted 7 December 2014. I'm wondering how long you've been using RPG Maker--your ability to use the engine will also be vital to how you handle the making of the game. Poor mechanics will not go unnoticed. I have no idea how long you've been using the engine, but let's consider this.

It took me over half a year to learn most of the function in RMXP and be able to implement them decently in my game. My first games that were made within two months of my introduction to the engine were bad. Sure, they contributed to my learning, but they were individual projects and there was nothing to lose whether they were terrible or amazing. But one thing for sure is that all of them were discontinued. I must have started about ten of them.

Having said that, I'll impart a bit of advice. Hold back nothing from the voice actors that might be willing to participate in your game. Your skills, your experience, your abilities with the engine/writing, and if you're willing to continue this game with whatever it takes. Some people don't take it well when you enlist their aid and then say you won't continue with the project they've worked hard to contribute to--take this from someone who's made the same mistake.

Good luck on your game. Hopefully you finish something you can be proud of, or at least walk away with some good experience under your belt.