New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
AwesomeTea

Disable random encounters??

Question

I hope this is the right place and way to ask this and I'm sorry if it's not I haven't been on here in months (or any RMXP help site...last time I tried to get help with something a couple people kept making me feel like an idiot for not knowing how to fix something) and I haven't used RMXP for a bit either but I'm trying to get the hang of it again so I can possibly work on a game and I want to know if there's a way to disable random encounters.

I'm probably overlooking something really obvious and I'm sorry but I don't know how to do it and I just want to be able to turn of random encounters. I only want battles to happen at certain times (which I'll figure out later).
I tried deleting the troop from the list or whatever in the map properties but it doesn't let me and I can't think of how else I would go about it. I've been Googling this for the past two hours and haven't found anything that helps me.

Again sorry if this is a stupid question I just really want to figure this out....

3 answers to this question

That didn't work and I tried doing it several different ways....but then I spent forever trying different things again and after a while I went back and tried deleting the troop from the map properties again just to see if it would work because I ran out of ideas and it suddenly let me this time. I don't know why it wasn't letting me delete it every time I tried before but it is now...so I guess that's that and it's working fine now and enemies no longer pop up randomly. 

Thank you for your help anyway though! Sorry for my apparent incompetence :dizzy: