New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.

Hi all I am very new to game development and figured giving rpg maker a try was a good step forward at least with the planing of a game so hope to talk to you guys more right now im working on a ff inspired game hope it goes well ill post it as soon as im done so happy gaming

What do you mean by that? Like editing sprites (or frankeinspriting?)

tile packs i wold like to see if figure out if i can modify the tiles to make more metalic looking tiles but i havent really found any packs with what im looking for

HI Smoke_Wolfpack! Welcome to GDU. The RPG Maker VX ACE the perfect engine for beginners. It has all of the basic tools that you need to make a fun game.

What's your favorite food? 

Welcome to GDU, Smoke_wolfpack! I hope you have fun

Hey there, Smoke_wolfpack. Nice to have you as a member. Have fun!

As for your question about editing tiles... I've seen a few metallic tiles out there in the depths of the Google search engine. They might be for XP, though. There might be some VX Ace resource packs that have a few (but they cost money). Imo, best to just start off from scratch and use images of real metal to help you as a reference.

Spriting's not something you can dive into immediately without some good practice first. But it'll definitely be useful to start off learning to sprite as soon as you can. It'll be worlds of help in the future when the resources you need aren't out there. ;D I've just started to learn to edit/recolour sprites, myself.