New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
David Johnston

Looking for someone experienced to help me! Please Read

Question

Hey guys so when I was trying to development my game I always seem to end up laying it off for long periods of time before picking it up again,, and I have just realized why. Its because I think I'm more of a game designer rather than a developer. Meaning I know what i want i just don't really know how i would do it. Thats why i need someone experenced so everything Im confused about they/you can help. The things im having problems with is how to install scripts and do certain things with RPG Maker XP. I know you may be like "Really? You dont know how to install a script?" Well yes and no, ive installed only a couple scripts but some Im just stumped on how to do it. Its kinda like when you started out installing scripts and such and you didnt know how to do it. I mean I know how to event and all but sometimes I just need an extra hand with my game creating.
If you wanna know what I need help with it is as following:
-Installing basic scripts like a grid inventory, and making weapons visible when picking them up
-How to COMPLETELY change the battle type scenario, im sure theres already a script but I want to know how to make it so you can just equip your weapon and bash the monster without a whole scenario coming up like pokemon or something. 
-How to use Day/Night. I have the dailylife demo (meaning i had to move over all my files)

Im sure theres more but I cant think of it right now! Comment or pm me! My steam account name is [Redeemers]Pepper
and my skype name is david.johnston650 
Thank you to whoever can help me! This may be a slow process but I believe my game can flourish with the help of this community! Thank you to all that have read this! I hope you give me a chance.

4 answers to this question

Hey, It's great that you are reaching out to help, this is exactly what the community was designed for. 

So, I can help you with the Day/Night cycle as I have used it before. Send me a message on steam when you can. (you should be in the community right? you will see my name in there, most likely offline XD).

Also with completely changing the battle scenario, do you mean changing it to something like Blizz ABS. which is a real time battling system rather than turn based one.

Wish you luck in your endeavors in game design, we are here to help. 

If you want a actual programmer I can do that as long as you already have a story planned out, characters, plot, and elements. Otherwise I don't want to be wasting my time volunteering for a game that may never get any where.

I may not have any programming skills to offer, but let me tell you it's gonna take you a while to get a hang of the program and all the functions. After using RMXP for two years on-and-off (started at age 13), I can event and such. But still can't code. (Ruby's one of the goals on my long list. :P)

Just learn how to use the engine well. If you can, learn Ruby. I hear it gets you a long way and gives you plenty more room to work rather than just trying to use what's out there. But then again, there's a lot out there on forums like Chaos Project and Save Point, with detailed instructions and members that are more than willing to help out.

But my advice is just to explore, learn how to event thoroughly, and get yourself familiar with the resources out there. If there's anything to do with eventing, I could possibly help.

I may not have any programming skills to offer, but let me tell you it's gonna take you a while to get a hang of the program and all the functions. After using RMXP for two years on-and-off (started at age 13), I can event and such. But still can't code. (Ruby's one of the goals on my long list. :P)

Just learn how to use the engine well. If you can, learn Ruby. I hear it gets you a long way and gives you plenty more room to work rather than just trying to use what's out there. But then again, there's a lot out there on forums like Chaos Project and Save Point, with detailed instructions and members that are more than willing to help out.

But my advice is just to explore, learn how to event thoroughly, and get yourself familiar with the resources out there. If there's anything to do with eventing, I could possibly help.

Yea im stumped when it comes to getting scripts to work, like the lycan ABS script. But I believe I have the daily life cycle working (cant test because the lycan script keeps giving me damn errors) but now that i have the Day/night cycle working i can go back to the game i once started!!! Im so happy :)