New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
Polraudio

Mine Clicker Alpha Release

1I0nH34.png

1DHICSb.png

R7kijmB.png

Thats right its time for the Mine Clicker Public Alpha. If you dont know what Mine Clicker is i will explain.

Mine Clicker is a clicker game much like Cookie Clicker but more expanded to give you that RPG feeling. Mine clicker has mining, smithing, and crafting. The game is simple enough for any person to pickup and just play for hours. I can safely say that you will be a zombie playing Mine Clicker as i got addicted for hours just testing something that took 5min.

Mine clicker is a commercial game but since you are apart of the GDU community you guys will be the first ones allowed to try the Alpha and Beta before release. For our long term members who have 1000+ posts you might get the game completely free when it comes out of beta and into release.

Testing:

As you are testing the game id really appreciate it if you guys would post your stats and game time after you complete the game that way i can get an estimate of how well the game is balanced and improve the game further. If you have and ideas for the game feel free to ask and it may end up in the game.

Another thing i would like to know is how much do you think the game is worth?

Please comment telling your experiences of the game.

I hope you will enjoy Mine Clicker as i have enjoyed making it.

Everyone thank bob for coming up with the name :D

Requirements:

At least 720p(1280x720)

Dual Core CPU with at least 2.5ghz

UPDATED 11/13/14

Misspelled the filename on upload lol. will be fixed in next upload as it takes a long time to upload on this internet.

DOWNLOAD PC: http://www.mediafire.com/download/5yl1r95wd4mft95/Mine_Clicker_Aplha_1.11.zip

DOWNLOAD MAC: http://www.mediafire.com/download/3pm8bcc3r5zapd3/Mine_Clicker_Aplha_1.11_Mac.rar

DOWNLOAD Linux: http://www.mediafire.com/download/avlwpbb34nbvpc8/Mine_Clicker_Aplha_1.11_Linux.zip

Updates:

Alpha V1.11 - 11/13/14

Fixed crafters

Alpha V1.1 - 11/12/14
    -PREVIOUS SAVES WON'T WORK WITH THIS UPDATE-

Updated Title Music provided by Shane Moss(ackley14)
    Balanced prices more so its no longer better to just sell ore
    Added resolution options ingame
    Added dificulty options when starting a new game
    Added upgrades for hold to click speeds
    Added more upgrades for random events
    Added more upgrades for finding gems
    Added tutorial/help menu on welcome screen
    Added Crafters
    Made it so stats no longer show items you havent unlocked, same with the sellers
    Fixed gaining ores. You no longer gain more ores than you should.
    Fixed incorrect gaining of crafting exp

Alpha V1.03 - 10/28/14

Added music to title
    Added pre-title/splash screen sounds
    Added varied sounds for mining, smithing, and money provided by Shane Moss(ackley14)

Alpha V1.02 - 10/23/14

Fixed total gems not showing
    Fixed item amount from going under the button and made it display correctly
    Fixed fire button from not showing for cobalt smithers

Alpha V1.01 - 10/23/14

Added sound effects provided by Shane Moss(ackley14)
    Added sound options in settings for volume and toggling sounds
    Fixed timer not showing hours

Alpha V1.0 - 10/21/14

First public release

FAQ:

Q: Why are my smithers working slowly?

A: Because of the equal work act all workers have to be treated alike. If you have 1 iron bar and 2 smithers those smithers would have to wait till theres 2 bars before they can work or they will not have equal work.

Just like in real life. If you have 1 miner and 2 smithers why would you need that extra smither if your not going to hire another miner. Makes no sense to hire someone who is just going to sit there.

Q: How do i play?

A: There is a tutorial button on the welcome screen.

Q: Why is the game so long?

A: The game isnt meant to be beat in a day. Later down the road i will be adding a difficulty option for those who want the game to be quicker/easier or longer/harder.

I was waiting for this game, Mostly because I had no idea about it lol I started playing it, It took me about 5 min to learn how to play, Since I hadn't played games like this before (I was trying to close the window to reach the main environment of game for 2 min :D) Then I played it for about 5 minutes more. It was a nice game. I like to see more new features (Especially management mode). So I liked it, It's good to pass the time, As u said.

Updated the game.

-Added sound effects provided by ackley

-Added sound options in settings for volume and toggling sounds.

-Fixed timer not showing hours.

Update is compatible with your current save

If anyone is playing this please let me know what you think.

i downloaded the older version when you first posted this, and it was fun.

tho i didn't get far enough to get any gems I did notice a disconnect between the fastest speed a person can click and how fast the hold button speed boosts gives. it's like 50 times faster which meant i got back up to the same amount of gold in less than 2 minutes. I donno if any one else found it kinda disconnecting, but maybe basing the speed of the hold button more proportional to your level for that skill than a specific speed the whole time might be better.

for example you can check how quickly a person can get the hold button, and make the base level of speed around much time (so if it takes 15 minutes to get 50k gold, make the initial speed take about that long), then multiply it by 1/10 of your level? so at level 10 it would be twice as fast as level 1. 

I also noticed that when you select products for your sellers to sell they will all sell X amount of each category. So if you have 2 times selected you essentially sell 2 times as many things, and if you select 3 you sell 3 times. donno if that was intentional or not? I would suggest a player need to set his sellers to each item maximum being how many he's hired.

those were mu suggestions, it was a fun game.

I have an interesting bug where, per tick, with iron ore, I'm getting 2 less than my amount of miners. Other than that, it took roughly 20-25 minutes to get to coal ore and steel bars. Really fun so far. I definitely plan to keep playing.

Hello, i like the game so far! I'm at the gold tier atm but there's something strange. 

Let me explain myself, I'm at the gold tier for mining but i'm 8 level away from the crafting gold tier. 

I've never sold any ore which means everything has been crafted. 

I think the crafting and mining should lvl up about the same time.

It's just a feedback, if you did that on purpose, then my bad and it adds some length to the game but it's a bit frustrating :P

Good work btw!

edit: I'm lvl 37/100 on mining and only 23/100 on crafting.

Edited by Inouie

Hello, i like the game so far! I'm at the gold tier atm but there's something strange. 

Let me explain myself, I'm at the gold tier for mining but i'm 8 level away from the crafting gold tier. 

I've never sold any ore which means everything has been crafted. 

I think the crafting and mining should lvl up about the same time.

It's just a feedback, if you did that on purpose, then my bad and it adds some length to the game but it's a bit frustrating :P

Good work btw!

edit: I'm lvl 37/100 on mining and only 23/100 on crafting.

Yea there was a problem with the exp a while back lol.

I forgot to update the post here because no one was really replying that much so i completely forgot to post updates here.

The links have been updated as well as versions for linux and mac. Lots has changed in this new update so you will need a new game(its worth it).

Hey this game is a little addictive but a little repetitive, If i were you id do like $2-3? Mainly because there really is not that much to it, dont get me wrong, it is fun. Also I dont know how to start mining gems? Im stuck on the iron ore then the bar lol (first 2 things) But maybe youve fixed it by now because i played it couple weeks ago

Hey this game is a little addictive but a little repetitive, If i were you id do like $2-3? Mainly because there really is not that much to it, dont get me wrong, it is fun. Also I dont know how to start mining gems? Im stuck on the iron ore then the bar lol (first 2 things) But maybe youve fixed it by now because i played it couple weeks ago

For release its going to be 50% off(so $2.50) till it comes out of beta. Beta is when its going to go commercial(still a ways away).  Once it goes into beta we will start work on management mode and tons of fun stuff. when we feel the game is a complete game it will go for $5. Theres still LOTS of stuff to come from this game.

To start mining gems you need to get the gems upgrade "Shiny Rocks For ALL!". Once you got that you will randomly(1/1000, 1/750 with 2nd upgrade) gain gems from manual mining and from workers(manual mining = more common). to unlock more stuff like different types of ore and bars you need to levelup your skills by doing more mining, smithing and crafting.