New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
Moonpearl

Promote your mother language with Moonpearl

Hi guys,

I'm currently working on a script of which purpose is to enable multiple languages to co-exist in a single RMXP project, and switch between each of them at will. I plan to release a tiny demo demonstrating this capability in a variety of contexts. I will translate the demo into French ('cause I'm French for people who have failed to notice), and it should be enough, but to make the demo even more interesting I thought I might add other languages as well.

Rather than using Google translate I thought it might be nice to ask the community for help. If your mother language is neither English nor French then you can make your own translation of the demo. The job will involve editing an Excel spreadsheet (if you have OpenOffice/LibreOffice it's even better), you shouldn't have to edit the project in itself. As I stated above, the demo is going to be really tiny, just a quick showcase, but with actual translations into actual languages.

Let me know if you're interested and I'll get back to you as soon as the demo (and more importantly, the script) is ready. You will of course receive proper credits for your contribution, as well as a link to your site on my blog if you wish.

My Native language is English. I used to live in the United States for thirteen years. My parents are Mexican and of course, they speak Spanish. I had to learn Spanish as well.

I speak English and Spanish fluently, with almost no trouble.

I write English and Spanish with barely no trouble.(although I get complications from time to time.)

Let me introduce myself in Spanish.

Mi nombre es Omar, y tengo veinte años. Vivía en los Estados Unidos por trece años. Soy escritor bilingüe y desarrollo juegos en el motor de juegos RPG Maker y Unity. Claro que hay ocaciones que tengo complicaciones en la gramática en estos lenguajes. Por supuesto que el administrador de esta comunidad es raro y aveces loco.

Is that enough for you? :P

I don't know I can't speak Spanish. :p But unless someone who claims to speak Spanish better than you shows up I'll gladly accept your offer.

Por supuesto que el administrador de esta comunidad es raro y aveces loco.

Kia e ahau tipua, me te haurangi, engari i te iti rawa e kore ahau au i te troll.

Can you figure out what language that is?

Kia e ahau tipua, me te haurangi, engari i te iti rawa e kore ahau au i te troll.

Forgot New Zealand had their own language.

I don't know, but i don't need to be a genius to know what it says. 

I like to be a part of this project, Since my language is Persian. But I don't think it's a good idea because there r only 2 countries in the world that use this language so it's not really useful, Also it's a very unique language and sometimes it's a pain to work with.

I like to be a part of this project, Since my language is Persian. But I don't think it's a good idea because there r only 2 countries in the world that use this language so it's not really useful, Also it's a very unique language and sometimes it's a pain to work with.

I say go with it as you'll never know when any Persian speaking person would like to use this.

It's a demo, not a full game. I'm not looking for translations based on how useful they can actually be, quite the contrary - the point is to show the extent of the script's capabilities. Plus, it doesn't make a difference to it whether there are one translation, ten, or several hundreds. So if you're up to it you're very welcome to make a Persian translation.

To all of those who have expressed an interest into translating the Multi Language demo in their own language, it is now available here. Instructions are provided inside. If you've got any questions, feel free to ask. Thanks in advance for your contribution.

If french wasn't so damn complicated to write i would help. i speak fluently but writing is another thing, even french people can hardly write it properly lol

If french wasn't so damn complicated to write i would help. i speak fluently but writing is another thing, even french people can hardly write it properly lol

The French translation is already done. I am French. :p

Sorry Moonpearl, I was busy on early to mid november. Anyway, I've finished the translation for Indonesian (Bahasa Indonesia). The details are on the email that I've sent to you on the mail that you provided on the Translators Instructions.

Sorry Moonpearl, I was busy on early to mid november. Anyway, I've finished the translation for Indonesian (Bahasa Indonesia). The details are on the email that I've sent to you on the mail that you provided on the Translators Instructions.

No worries, I'm not in any sort of rush. Your work is perfect! Thank you for your contribution. Just one thing: how do you say Indonesian in Indonesian?

In language term, Indonesian is translated as "Bahasa Indonesia", which meant "Language of Indonesia" in english. I was trying to use Bahasa Indonesia but the box was too small, so I used another term which is Indonesian. Yeah, Indonesian can be translated to both "People of Indonesia" or "Language of Indonesia". However, sometimes when people using the term "Bahasa Indonesia" in english or other languange conversation, they usualy shorten it into just "Bahasa", which meant "Language" in english. "Bahasa" is the unformal form to address the "Language of Indonesia". So, "Indonesia", "Bahasa Indonesia" or just "Bahasa" is fine to address the "Language of Indonesia". Sorry for the wall of text :p