New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
Marked

Public Games Listing Update

Hi all,

I have updated the layout of the public games listing. In my previous games section announcement, I released this layout:

13d70aca5ce9fe842c23b88f16308665.png

Small modules with 4 in each row, displaying only the logo. This had now changed to a full-width view, using identical covers and bringing back the game's blurb/short description:

8c42e0c64c0cf03c29f34e8fa84c1066.png

I have also unfeatured most of the games I featured in an attempt to increase the quality of the front-page of the games section. There's now only 5 featured games, and in the future I plan to make the front page include only playable games.

Check out the new layout here: http://www.gdunlimited.net/games

I like the old one, because the new took too much space with only 5 games. And imagine when you add another section or categories like playable games or something there. The page will get bigger and some people will choose to read only some of the upper part and skip the list on the bottom.

My point is not about the space or the list thing. It just about how much information someone that going to that page with just a glimpse. The simple, the better.

I like the new way, but I must agree with black mage. I'm the kind of person to skim through a page. And if said page is very long, I tend to skip the whole thing entirely.

Thank you both for the feedback. I was ensure the default has more than 1 per row. I am still thinking about how to bring together new changes to the games section. I've learnt a fair bit but it can be challenging bringing it all together, changing inputs and outputs on a pretty complex system.