New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
zahraa

Zooming out the map

Heeey ^^

Well I know most of scripters don't accept requests anymore, But I like to try my luck lol

Now, I should explain my request...We have three kinds of scales in RMXP (1:1, 1:2, 1:4) But when u playtest the game, maps look bigger and closer than that 1:1 scale in the editor, u know. So I want to zoom out all of the maps so I can get the same size as the 1:1 scale of the editor mode in the test mode. @_@ I think it can be done with some scripting. I really need it.

Thanks for reading my request :)

The truth is, the map on editor and on the test mode is the exact same 1:1. It feels closer and bigger because we see the map in a smaller window, thus our mind trick us to think that the map is bigger and closer in a test mode.

Oh yeah, You're right ^^' So, is there any way to make it look like the editor mode when playtesting? I mean, I use a script which let me change the window size, So it's bigger and covers the screen, But I can't see the map the way it is in the editor mode yet. I know, That script just changes the window size but is there any way to see more of a map when the window is full screen?

Thanks for your reply anyway ^^

Edited by zahraa

I am unsure if this is what you mean but there is a "Resolution Script" that increases the screensize and thus makes the viewable map bigger. However, if the map is smaller than the resolution, you get black bars and you need to re-script a view windows in every script you have :o

http://www.gdunlimited.net/forums/topic/7024-custom-resolution/

Um, Yes. This is exactly what I want, Thank you very much ^^ But I have a strange problem with it. When I play my game, A black screen comes and then the game closes down itself after a few seconds. I can't even see the title screen. I'm sure it's not because of other custom scripts that I use because all of them work with that resolution script in a blank project.

Anyway thanks again :thumbsup: I'll be so grateful if someone helps me with it. Sadly Foreverzer0 is not here anymore.

Not sure what would cause that error if it works in a blank project, Though here is a page with compatibility patches. Maybe it can help somehow. 

http://www.gdunlimited.net/forums/topic/7022-custom-resolution-compatibility-plug-ins/?do=findComment&comment=60645

Also, not forget to use the Screenshot.dll file :o

Yeah, I've checked that page before but it didn't help :( I'm trying to fix that problem. Anyway thank u so much for your help :D