New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
Marked

Games Section Public Listing Overhaul

Hi all,

As foreshadowed in the topic about public listing quality control, I have overhauled the front page and game filtering system.

Front Page

The front page of the games section will now only show featured games.

13d70aca5ce9fe842c23b88f16308665.png

I have gone through the public listing and featured a few extra game pages, so it now stands at 9. The criteria is quite simple; have a logo and have well presented content in the game page. The purpose of this is to show off our best games for new users who visit and hopefully entice them to join the community and start their own game page (and of course to get you guys attention to your games :) )

Note: I'm sure a missed a ton of great game pages that just didn't have a logo uploaded. If you want to be featured on the front-page, make sure you create and upload a logo! You don't have to show it on the cover, there's an option to turn that as soon as you upload it

New Categories

There is now a navbar to view different categories of games

4d1f5c4d68e8848702cc2f2ac571b9ae.png

In fact this is just the old filters being moved out and placed as links. It didn't exactly make sense to combine like 5 filters into one big filter. So you know have one of these categories, and any/all of the filters, including sorting by views, downloads, date etc. I think it's more than flexible enough to find the games you're looking for :)

What is new to this however is the playable category, so you can find games immediately that you can actually download and play. This only works if you've uploaded a demo. If you posted a link in a game page, first of all that's bad and stupid coz one day it'll be deleted, and second it won't show up in the playable list.

Glad you like :) I just people get my message about uploading a logo, because there's a ton of benefits for current games. You get shown on the homepage and forum index, as well as your cover on the games front page.