New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
David Johnston

RPG Horror - A Minor Mind Dysfunction (EarlyDEV)

CREDITS-
The song and RMXP and Pokemon essentials for the tiles and characters
Avicii- levels (inexus remix)

Also guys please tell me if i should pursue this idea because i believe i can make it work and if not well i have a good idea for another rpg! You can message me with suggestions.

STORYLINE - 
This is a game where a man has a accident and his mind becomes Dysfunctional. So what happens is after his crash (Drunk Driving). He wakes up on a hospital bed then his life starts fading away and turns up in his own thought created world... He doesn't know it yet that its him thinking up the world but he has put him self in the scariest known situation with his own hands. He makes up the story line as he goes making it seemingly difficult as he progress with the most horrifying thing he can think of. 

Demo-

I'm sorry guys for such a bad demo! Its basically to see if you guys think if its going on the right track I guess you could say!
Even though this demo is so short  I wanted you guys to see how this game will look like! Please message me to tell me anything I should change or any imperfections in the demo! I really want this game to go somewhere so if you have suggestions just PM me or something! 
Do you guys think I should move on with this project? That'll be an easier answer for you guys when I release the 2nd demo sometime in August or possibly even this month (Slim chances dudes) but please express your opinion on it! 
It was not made with Pokemon essentials but it does uses some resources like tile sets and a few characters! Should I use Pokemon themed? or should i compile different modern day tile sets and make better characters as Jon and Lessie which I uploaded? If you didn't know it was the original concept but it's really hard to find a good modern interior hospital tile set! 

Download is here!
http://www.mediafire.com/download/7tbmuvw9m41zaxa/AMinorMindDysfunction.zip

Thats the download link for the DEMO! 0.0.1, dont mind it being such a bad demo just PM or reply telling me what should be changed! 

I had a look at the demo and here are my suggestions and thoughts.

Intro is good, however one of the sentences is a bit weird to read "deserve to live and live life to the fullest." you might want to re do that sentence even because its a little weird to read the first time though.... my thoughts. Also you might want to make the intro more like a proper cutscene so you wouldn't require user input. so you could go into more details with it (like LIGHTNING!!!) like you can show images on the screen in which appear and disappear as text (you can also fade and move/stretch them :P) just make sure the image is transparent everywhere other than the text.

The first room is cool (pokemon) you might want to make the nurses movements more realistic like waiting for move completion and 10 frames and playing a door (elevator) sound effect as she enters the room, before she turns right to go to Mr. Tashi. That give the impression of someone walking into a room getting the sense of the surroundings before continuing on their path. This is very common in the pokemon games and many other rpg games. (I love this effect)

Since the demo itself is has less than a minute of gameplay in it (no time actually controlling the character) its hard to suggest many improvements just keep persisting with the project and you will eventually make a great game. Never hesitate to join the chat and ask us for help and opinions :D