New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
Marked

What is the games section missing?

Herro everyone,

I  may be making some edits to the games section in the coming weeks. I'd like to get some feedback before I draw up a plan of attack. What do you guys think it really needs? What is it really missing that we really need? What frustrates you most about when you're creating your page?

Honestly there is nothing in the game sections that is unfunctional for me. It is fancy, in my opinion. Though, any other people than me

may have something to suggest, so xD

How about a development log page? I think it would be cool to have and it shouldn't be too hard to implement. It should make conveying what each update does a lot easier for the developer.

It's something that i thought of (correct me if its there and i haven't found it yet ). Not necessary but would be cool if it was there.

I'd like to have Graphics Artist and other title similar like that to be added to the category on Credits & Thanks section. AFAIK there's none for graphics artist, and I need to credit some of them for my games.

I think it would be nice if the progress bars for each game were displayed in the listing. 

It would be very useful; if you want to take a look just to games in an advanced state of development (for example), you can do it directly without having to go into each individual page.

That's a good idea, in fact I had planned add a substantial amount more information in the listings. The listing truly a quick write up when I did it back in December/January.

I have decent ideas for it, but I'm not sure if it wise to continue dev on it. Even if it and this site as a whole got more popular, I don't think I care about that anymore. I have a pretty busy 4 months coming up with sitting my bar to become qualified and finishing off other qualifications, etc.

Do it when you can and want to... Studies first, the rest are just hobbies and should not steal time for the important things.

I haven't looked yet as just got back, but did you add a subtitle for the game title. I've said this twice before that my games title is too big to fit in the title space provided.

I don't see how it would be too big for this? http://www.gdunlimited.net/games/revelations-the-demon-slayer

But I don't think I'll be adding a subtitle, especially not as a solution for that problem. It's a matter of effort vs reward, in other words, I don't think the number of people who will utilize it will be high enough for me to add it. I think the system is flexible enough to handle it by not using the text title in the cover, and instead using either a logo or the cover image background itself.

Not that game.

It was Warriors episode 1's subtitle that doesn't fit. I know Revelation's title fits as it is not that long. But ok your site, I has just give a suggestion that was bothering me.

It's a difficult balance, fitting in everyone's preferences and trying to get everything looking correctly for so many variations of information.

This topic was more for feature ideas, but you guys weren't very creative at all :P I have more than enough ideas in my head though, more than I'll ever be able to implement I think .